Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Yeah that's it. I'm definitely not the biggest Regular season Rick fan that's for sure. He's even slipping there at this point. No way this team should be 11-7 in this mediocre conference.

Not sure I would call a conference with 8 projected at large bids “mediocre”, but you do you. We definitely dropped a few conference games we shouldn’t have (Kentucky, Mizzou, @Vandy, @Florida), but the point remains that this isn’t a mediocre league.

Rick Barnes shouldn't keep getting passes just because he's been around forever. True fan guy..

If you mean, winning the SECT, winning 20+ games, and making the NCAAT, then yea, he shouldn’t get any more passes.

He sells tickets, beats top 5 teams, and wins games. This attitude floors me.

If you mean, winning the SECT, winning 20+ games, and making the NCAAT, then yea, he shouldn’t get any more passes.

He sells tickets, beats top 5 teams, and wins games. This attitude floors me.

And is as average as average can be a tournament time, you know, when winning counts.

Who recruits these guys that can’t score?
Everybody they recruit scores a lot in high school and AAU. It’s not an exact science to be able to tell how well everyone translates to the next level. Some people were comparing Emoni Bates to Kevin Durant and he’s at Eastern Michigan now.

Reactions: berryvol
I’ll take Barnes any day. He’s a solid guy, great role model. Remember the Pearl days? Sure we won, but it wasn’t always easy to pull for some of those guys. We had days where we wondered who would be in jail or flunk out. We don’t see that anymore. Rick doesn’t recruit those guys. Maybe we need a dog or 2 but it’s awfully easy to pull for our guys.

I doubt anyone on this board will make the next BB hire....That is the job of the AD that gets paid big bucks to do. If Barnes decides to call it quits are we going to shutdown the program? I mean....who we gonna get?!!

Reactions: hog88
Everybody they recruit scores a lot in high school and AAU. It’s not an exact science to be able to tell how well everyone translates to the next level. Some people were comparing Emoni Bates to Kevin Durant and he’s at Eastern Michigan now.
Exactly but Barnes formula is always the same that’s why there are so many early round exits. Under Barnes there is very little room for error because he recruits and coaches to win 60-55

VN Store

Back