Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

I’d trade making a Final Four for not making one. Hell, Pearl’s made a FF since Barnes and he had to sit out three years!
Who really cares about losing later? There are 68 teams and one champion. I would never take a guaranteed FF if I had to sit out of a decade of tournaments like SC. I only make that deal for a national title.

Had never been done at either of those schools either but they survived and advanced, which is the name of the game at tourney time.

You do know it’s been 14 seasons since RB got past the Sweet sixteen, right? Is that a “ fluke” too?

Go cheer for Pearl, Mr. Negative. UT program is in the best shape it has ever been under Barnes.

I’d trade making a Final Four for not making one. Hell, Pearl’s made a FF since Barnes and he had to sit out three years!
I would not, in a million years, trade the basketball success Tennessee has had in my 26 years for the success (mostly lack thereof) that auburn or South Carolina has had. I’d love to say we’d made a final four, but the fact is that we are in a much better position to consistently make one than either of these teams. We’ve really just had some horrible luck over the course of our history.

Who really cares about losing later? There are 68 teams and one champion. I would never take a guaranteed FF if I had to sit out of a decade of tournaments like SC. I only make that deal for a national title.

Yeah, Sweet Sixteen and round of 32 losses are awesome . They make the season so much better.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
Yeah, Sweet Sixteen and round of 32 losses are awesome . They make the season so much better.
In my lifetime we’ve had a streak of missing 13 of 14 tournaments, a streak of missing 4 tournaments in a row, and a streak of missing 5 of 6 tournaments. I don’t get why some of y’all take making the tournament regularly for granted. It’s far from a sure thing here.

Outside of Vescovi, what does he really have night in and night out? This team is consistently inconsistent.
There’s plenty of talent on this team, but Warlick-Weakley doesn’t know how to utilize it offensively. Never any set plays, poor execution when it matters, poor energy on floor, the players look lost! I hate it for them because their effort is not an issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: Native Orange
Why any of you get your hopes up with this guy as coach is beyond me.

Maybe because he’s brought in the best recruits in the history of TN basketball. Or he’s been to 3 of the last 4 SECT finals. And won it for the first time in 43 years. And has had TN ranked for how many weeks in a row now? And he had TN at #1 for 4 weeks after having only been there for one week EVER. There are always idiots though that think burning down the program now is a good idea.

Yeah that's it. I'm definitely not the biggest Regular season Rick fan that's for sure. He's even slipping there at this point. No way this team should be 11-7 in this mediocre conference.

At least you own your position. I can respect that.

VN Store

Back