Soph. Raven Chavanne POW in SEC

From the interviews I've gathered that Raven is extremely confident and mentally tough despite her youth.she's definitely a joy to watch and a great team chemistry builder. The best is yet to come.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Chavanne Named NFCA Division I Co-National Softball Player of the Week
Sophomore Outfielder Hit .857 (6-of-7) in Series Sweep Over Arkansas

Chavanne Named NFCA Division I Co-National Softball Player of the Week University of Tennessee Athletics

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Already selected as the new Southeastern Conference Player and Lady Vol Athlete of the Week (May 2), you can now add National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) Division I Co-National Player of the Week to the ever-expanding list of accomplishments for No. 3 Tennessee softball's Raven Chavanne as the sophomore was tabbed alongside Fordham's Jen Mineau as a recipient of the weekly honor for her efforts during games over April 25-May 1.

A two-time top 25 national finalist for the prestigious USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year trophy (2010, 2011), Chavanne hit at a staggering .857 (6-of-7) clip at the plate during a dominant three-game sweep of Arkansas while extending her hitting streak to a career-best 14 games. Against the Razorbacks, she reached base safely nine of the 10 times she stepped to the dish with four doubles, three walks and two singles and posted a string of reaching successfully in seven straight plate appearances.

Over her 14-game hitting skein Chavanne is hitting at a .609 (29-of-48) rate, raising her overall average for 2011 to a SEC-leading .479. She posted a perfect 2-for-2 performance during each of the opening two match-ups in the series against Arkansas and was 2-for-3 in the finale with a bases-clearing, three-run double that proved the major blow in UT's five-run second inning.
The SEC regular season title and top-seeding for the upcoming SEC Tournament is on the line this weekend in Gainesville, Fla., as No. 6/5 Tennessee ventures to face No. 5/7 Florida in a huge three-game series at Pressly Stadium.

All three contests are slated for TV coverage:

the opener will be broadcast via FOX Sports Florida at 4:30 p.m. ET,

Saturday's contest is slated for live broadcast on ESPN at Noon ET and

Sunday's series finale will be shown on ESPNU at 3 p.m.

ET. Check both Lady Vol Softball (LadyVol_Sftball) on Twitter and Lady Vol Athletics (LadyVol_Sports) on Twitter for the most up-to-date information on Tennessee softball.

VN Store

Back