Sooner than later...time is coming

LBKvol

First off VolNation let me say i love each and every one of you and we have the best fan base period that is there for our boys win or lose. I live in texas but grew up in hendersonville till i was 10 and just watching our football teams during that era instilled it in me to always be a Vol fan. I literally live and breathe this **** like most of us do and thats just how it is and many of the people like these big12 dudes im around just dont understand football. Many a holes have been punched in walls with the BS we have had to deal with from LSU, UNC, and the florida hail mary. We have literally had it tougher than any other fan base and we never waiver, i LOVE yall. I cant wait to see what jeremy pruitt does guys, just looking at this kid and guys like this that he is recruiting you can just tell its a different mindset and feel than when we had derek and butch who are responsible for my 20s without celebration (minus the georgia game) . We have a true winner and lets just see where this takes us, think of our O-line with all these studs as it happens and low key our receiving corps this year is the best in thr SEC....try me
The fact we get any recruits right now with what our reputation is at the moment is a testimony to the staff that we have. Yes we have always and WILL always be relevant no matter what anyone says but you can just tell a difference in who we land such as quavaris, jaylen, wanya, alontae, eric, and many others. They play with tenacity and just like the guy above that just plays hard till the end of the whistle, its hard to find...maybe only trey smith, guarantano, and who am i kidding a couple others but there is a culture change coming and i hope we have a lot to celebrate soon and ill see you faithful next year in oklahoma as we **** these delusional big12 fans to sleep. Lets be real, if you give us jalen hurts we go to the SECchampionship and i honestly feel the same if we would've gotten kelly bryant but lets stick by the man who took all those hits and see if he can turn us around. It starts this year 9-3 you heard it here first. We beat florida and georgia and play in the championship but lose after 2 reg season losses and win bowl game for 10-3. Then jarrett comes back or harrison kicks us a trevor lawrence repeat....ISNT it funny both him and tee higgins and **** amari rodgers now that Tee is here should all be vols

In reality, recruiting at UT has never been a problem, regardless of HC. Getting the "right" players to fit into a scheme and coaching them up has been a challenge for some. However, though our facilities are top notch, everyone in SEC has stepped up their game...and the farther that Vol winning tradition gets in the rear view mirror, the less important all that becomes to present day recruits.

Pruitt is in a really important spot, with UT at crossroads. I'm confident if we give him the time, he'll get the job done. Look at how he's recruiting this year. We're all wanting the numbers to be posted for rankings to keep up with fellow SEC, but it's pretty apparent that the delay is Pruitt and company want to see these players in camp before pressing for commitments and they're being pretty selective, with 8 commits (think?) and something like 5 are 4* and the 3* players have been seen in person in camps. I'd expect us to start making a move over the next month or so.

giphy.gif

At this point lets take out Jaylen, and insert Henry; much more recognizable name.

In reality, recruiting at UT has never been a problem, regardless of HC. Getting the "right" players to fit into a scheme and coaching them up has been a challenge for some. However, though our facilities are top notch, everyone in SEC has stepped up their game...and the farther that Vol winning tradition gets in the rear view mirror, the less important all that becomes to present day recruits.

This exactly.

The myth of "it's difficult to recruit at UT" is a vestige of the Dooley years, because Dooley was a terrible recruiter, who burned bridges with all the in-state coaches. No other coach in the past 30 years has had difficulty bringing in top talent. Indeed, it's easier now than it was back in the mid 90's, when we were a powerhouse.

The brand value of the SEC is much greater now so that it's easier to win a national title and there's much more in-state talent now than 20 or 30 years ago. The only thing "more difficult" now is that there is more top-level SEC competition, but it's not like we didn't have to compete with Bama, Georgia, and Florida in the 90s as well.

Reactions: Remy
More recently this past ten years talent has not been that much of an issue except Kiffin's one and done year where he was forced to start two walk ons on the OL. He still played Bama at their place to an almost win where they had to block a field goal on the last play of the game to win. We have had talent. Our issue since Fulmer has been not doing well developing or utilizing it correctly. UT has a well established and storied history with no need to take a back seat to any program. Recruits and their families know we're not chopped liver. What they need to be sure of is to trust our staff to do right by the kids and their talents, which we've not taken care of very well the past decade or so. See kids going to the NFL and being moved to the opposite side of the ball or having major impacts at the NFL level playing for meh teams at UT. It's coaching more than it is Jimmy and Joes at UT, Pruitt is making sure the Jimmy and Joes he's got are getting bigger and stronger where that was not a priority previously as another example. Get some seriously great talent evaluators and developers here on The Hill and we'll do well again. Is that Pruitt and staff? Time will tell, like this season. It seems they are but 5-7 and a Vandy winning streak continued where we just laid down makes me have my doubts.

I think what the OP is trying to say (with a nod to Grand Vol) is:

Playtime's Over!

1db51cd6.gif~c200

VN Store

Back