Sony Animated Spider-Man movie (2018)

JohnnyD1024

In 2018 Sony will be releasing an animated Spider-Man movie based off the Miles Morales Spider-Man. No one has been cast yet and as of right now the movie will be getting theatrical release.

Haven’t seen it yet but I feel like this movie is getting the Black Panther treatment. Looks like a fun movie that is getting way overhyped because it has a PoC as the lead character.

Claims that it is the best Marvel movie to date have to be overrated.

It does look cool but c‘mon.

Haven’t seen it yet but I feel like this movie is getting the Black Panther treatment. Looks like a fun movie that is getting way overhyped because it has a PoC as the lead character.

Claims that it is the best Marvel movie to date have to be overrated.

It does look cool but c‘mon.
The movie is based off the Spiderverse storyline from comic where a bunch of Spider-Men and Women from different universes have to team up. I haven't seen anyone say it's the best Marvel movie ever. I've only seen people say its the best Spider-Man movie and the best super hero animated movie ever. Also it sounds like you have an issue with with people of color getting praise.

Reactions: k-town_king
The movie is based off the Spiderverse storyline from comic where a bunch of Spider-Men and Women from different universes have to team up. I haven't seen anyone say it's the best Marvel movie ever. I've only seen people say its the best Spider-Man movie and the best super hero animated movie ever. Also it sounds like you have an issue with with people of color getting praise.

Not at all. Have no problem with people enjoying the movie. Nice dog whistle though.

I know exactly what it’s based off of. Spider-Verse was a subpar story in the comics to begin with. And honestly, this movie would have been better served as a solo Miles movie instead of tacking on all the other alternate SM versions.

Go to rotten tomatoes and at a quick glance you will see a handful of reviews say “best Marvel movie”.

As I said. The movie looks fun. But like Black Panther, which I enjoyed and happy it was successful because I’m a long time fan of the character and want to see more of him, the hype surrounding it is a bit over done. Wasn’t even best Marvel movie of the year and certainly not Best Picture nomination worthy.

Not at all. Have no problem with people enjoying the movie. Nice dog whistle though.

I know exactly what it’s based off of. Spider-Verse was a subpar story in the comics to begin with. And honestly, this movie would have been better served as a solo Miles movie instead of tacking on all the other alternate SM versions.

Go to rotten tomatoes and at a quick glance you will see a handful of reviews say “best Marvel movie”.

As I said. The movie looks fun. But like Black Panther, which I enjoyed and happy it was successful because I’m a long time fan of the character and want to see more of him, the hype surrounding it is a bit over done. Wasn’t even best Marvel movie of the year and certainly not Best Picture nomination worthy.
I don't read rotten tomatoes reviews and maybe Black Panther was overhyped but it was still a really good movie and it's understandable why it was hyped the way it was.

I don't read rotten tomatoes reviews and maybe Black Panther was overhyped but it was still a really good movie and it's understandable why it was hyped the way it was.

It deserved some hype, sure. I enjoyed it. Was a good superhero movie, a good Marvel movie, and most importantly a good Black Panther movie.

Best Marvel movie with an Oscar nod hype? No.

Anyway... BP and it’s deserved/undeserved hype has been discussed plenty in this forum.

I think saying it's the best Spider-man move ever is a bit much; plus it's an animated movie so it's kind of hard to compare to the live action ones since they can get away with more.

As far as your last line, it sounds like you don't want to discuss the issue in good faith since you automatically went to the racism allegations. burnt has actually argued in favor of inclusion in most cases here when the criticism is usually the typical criticism thrown at things, so that's an empty allegation against him.

I liked BP but it is overhyped and the praise it gets almost feels like pandering in some cases at this point. Is it a good superhero movie? Absolutely. And I completely understand why it was important and why it is needed. Having said that, I'm not going to act like it's worthy of a Best Picture nod.

But you know what, at the same time if it leads to more comic book movies getting serious Golden Globe and Oscar consideration, then I support it. I just think it's odd that BP is probably going to get a nom and Wonder Woman didn't and IMO WW is a superior movie.

I apologize for accusing burntorange of racism. I shouldn't have done it and there wasn't a reason for me to since I don't know him.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I apologize for accusing burntorange of racism. I shouldn't have done it and there wasn't a reason for me to since I don't know him.

It's cool, I can understand why you might think that. The internet is full of people who fit the bill.

It's cool, I can understand why you might think that. The internet is full of people who fit the bill.
I know someone in real life thats a casual comic fan that had no clue that Miles Morales existed and when he saw the first teaser trailer his reaction was that the libtards in Hollywood had turned Spider-Man into a n word.

I know someone in real life thats a casual comic fan that had no clue that Miles Morales existed and when he saw the first teaser trailer his reaction was that the libtards in Hollywood had turned Spider-Man into a n word.

Spider-man is my favorite comic book hero, so I'm partial to Peter Parker. I don't have a problem with other versions as many superheros have different people be the character. Having said that I wanted the MCU version to be PP, or at least start out as PP. If down the road he passes the torch to MM in the MCU or they even have both, I'm cool with that.

Spider-man is my favorite comic book hero, so I'm partial to Peter Parker. I don't have a problem with other versions as many superheros have different people be the character. Having said that I wanted the MCU version to be PP, or at least start out as PP. If down the road he passes the torch to MM in the MCU or they even have both, I'm cool with that.
There's a theory that the quantum realm in the MCU is eventually going to set up Secret Wars.And thats how they're going to introduce the Fantastic Four, X-Men and other characters.[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Racist or not, it's pretty ****ing weak to assume a movie is overrated because of inclusion. There are a lot of inclusive films that nobody praises.

Watched this tonight with the kids and wife. It was really good. Even my wife enjoyed it although she was thoroughly confused by the multiple realities for a good bit. I still wouldn’t say it’s the best superhero, marvel, or even Spider-Man movie, but it was very entertaining.

I’m not a big fan of the Ultimate versions of the villains. Also not too big on Spider-Gwen because I feel like Gwen’s legacy is somewhat tarnished by having this alternate version of her running around. But these are personal gripes.

Overall the animation was amazing. The story was fun. I do agree with the critics who think Myles origin would have been better served without all the alternate reality stuff. A little more development with his uncle would have had a bigger impact on the story.

Would love to see the SM 2099 done in this style.

VN Store

Back