Sonny Cumbie TCU

RockyTopTexas

With Pruitt being down here in Dallas this past weekend to interview Yurcich and Kendal Briles how did he not take a stop in Fort Worth for Sonny Cumbie. For those who don’t know he’s TCU’s Co OC and Qb coach under Gary Patterson. He’s had some great high powered offenses at tcu since he’s been there but he turned down the Texas OC job a few years back. Makes about 700k and I honestly don’t know if he’d leave TCU but man I’d love him here

You're kidding, right ?

TCU's "high powered offense" was ranked # 92 out of 129 in 2018.

Briles offense at Houston was ranked # 4 and the year before that his offense at FAU was ranked #8

If someone ever offers you a choice between a steak or a bologna sammich ... please take the steak .

Your life is only 2018? I didn’t mention 2018 at all but thanks for your time I guess.. The dude had 2-3 years of top 5 offenses

Last edited by a moderator:
That was mean.. enjoy your night kind soul.. also maybe don’t click the first thing google pulls up

2014: 5 in total offense
2015: 3 in total offense
2016: bit of a drop but 29

You’re kidding right?!

Last edited:
Your life is only 2018? I didn’t mention 2018 at all but thanks for your time I guess.. The dude had 2-3 years of top 5 offenses..

Briles had top ten ranked offenses at TWO DIFFERENT programs in consecutive years,. Objectively
he is a better OC and a better choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Pruitt being down here in Dallas this past weekend to interview Yurcich and Kendal Briles how did he not take a stop in Fort Worth for Sonny Cumbie. For those who don’t know he’s TCU’s Co OC and Qb coach under Gary Patterson. He’s had some great high powered offenses at tcu since he’s been there but he turned down the Texas OC job a few years back. Makes about 700k and I honestly don’t know if he’d leave TCU but man I’d love him here

why don't you just ask Pruitt why he didn't stop there?

Briles had top ten ranked offenses at TWO DIFFERENT programs in consecutive years,. Objectively
he is a better OC and a better choice.

Yes, we all know Briles is the best guy by far. But all signs point to him not coming here, so we may as well move along. Just another Freeze tease.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
That was mean.. enjoy your night kind soul.. also maybe don’t click the first thing google pulls up

You’re kidding right?!

Don't take it personal. It's just the Volnation way. Everyone had to act overly dramatic in a response. Lol.

We are trying to remake Jersey Shore here.

You’re kidding right?!

I don't care that much but 2017 must have been bad since you didn't list it. Lol

Reactions: CTVolsfan14

Don’t worry. The way Pruitt’s OC search is going so far, he’ll get around to letting Cumbie tell him “hell no” eventually. Be patient.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I don’t know, why don’t you give him a call and straighten him out

VN Store

Back