Someone posted on Facebook that TOS is saying Aubrey Solomon doubtful

Fields didn't even hear what that guy in the stands said, that was just a pre-text, his sister is still on a track scholarship at UGA, he left because he couldn't beat out Fromm, everyone knows it.

Having Tom Mars represent him is the reason Fields got his waiver.

Having Tom Mars represent him is the reason Fields got his waiver.
Since then though Tom Mars represented Luke Ford (the TE from Illinois who was seeking a waiver for immediate eligibility for Illinois after returning due to his grandfather's poor health), still denied. The signs have been there the last few months that the NCAA was changing course. Has Solomon officially been denied or are we speculating? I wouldn't be surprised is all I'm saying, given recent events.

Since then though Tom Mars represented Luke Ford (the TE from Illinois who was seeking a waiver for immediate eligibility for Illinois after returning due to his grandfather's poor health), still denied. The signs have been there the last few months that the NCAA was changing course. Has Solomon officially been denied or are we speculating? I wouldn't be surprised is all I'm saying, given recent events.

Ford's family didn't hire Mars to represent them until he'd already been denied. Who knows what would have happened if Mars had crafted his initial waiver request instead of Luke's dad.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I just heard from a guy, who knows a guy, that dates a girl, who knows a guy who heard that all of this season's transfers will be eligible to play this season, with the exception being anyone trying to transfer to The University of Tennessee, in any sport.

Denied players whose reasons were the same for OSU-and Bamaese transfer, should band together and sue for monetary compensation due to punitive damage, mental distress, and whatever else some sharp lawyer can concoct or conjure. Even if it is accusing the NCAA of practicing voodoo with an unlicensed shaman. Tired of the wishy-washy decisions from them.

Last edited:
Denied players whose reasons were the same for OSU-and Bamaese transfer, should ban together and sue for monetary compensation due to punitive damage, mental distress, and whatever else some sharp lawyer can concoct or conjure. Even if it is accusing the NCAA of practicing voodoo with an unlicensed shaman. Tired of the wishy-washy decisions from them.
I would think, there would be a decision before Fall Practice begins. Programs and coaches need to know who they will have on their rosters, so they can set their depth charts, and practice accordingly. But what do I know?

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Just someone's speculating as people love to do. The NCAA is always silent on these matters and will often wait till the last second before releasing their decision. They do this to avoid lawsuits that they get hit with quite often. It's been this way the last 15 years or so. Most folks have no idea what the NCAA Clearinghouse is or what role they play in these decisions.

Reactions: Devo182
No, I don't think this is an anti-Tennessee thing, the NCAA has been pretty consistently rejecting waivers left and right since the Fields-Martell thing went down. It's like that episode made them realize they had gone a bridge too far and they are now beating a hasty retreat to their old position to try to shut down the non-grad school transfer industry.

So what is the percentage of waivers denied since then vs before? I'll await your data.

Reactions: feathersax
Nonsense. I linked two flipping cases above, where people were moving back home seeking a waiver to be closer to sick family members, denied.

Do you understand they were filed under a different type of waiver? You don't understand any of this. No need talking to a know-nothing. Also, do you know what "anecdotal" means? Good lord and they probably let you vote! G'day...this is like trying to talk multiplication with a dog.

Reactions: Bash and feathersax
Just someone's speculating as people love to do. The NCAA is always silent on these matters and will often wait till the last second before releasing their decision. They do this to avoid lawsuits that they get hit with quite often. It's been this way the last 15 years or so. Most folks have no idea what the NCAA Clearinghouse Eligibility Center is or what role they play in these decisions.

Your substantial experience in emailing YouTube video links of high school players to Division II coaches make you uniquely qualified to understand the role of the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Do you understand they were filed under a different type of waiver? You don't understand any of this. No need talking to a know-nothing. Also, do you know what "anecdotal" means? Good lord and they probably let you vote! G'day...
I understand you've got something stuck up your butt, disagree with me all day long, but I don't make stuff up.

Do you understand they were filed under a different type of waiver? You don't understand any of this. No need talking to a know-nothing. Also, do you know what "anecdotal" means? Good lord and they probably let you vote! G'day...this is like trying to talk multiplication with a dog.
Did you catch your wife in bed with a homeless man? WTH. I am sorry for whatever is going on with you today friend.

I would think, there would be a decision before Fall Practice begins. Programs and coaches need to know who they will have on their rosters, so they can set their depth charts, and practice accordingly. But what do I know?

You probably know more than the NCAA nits cause they don't know what they're doing.

I'm usually anti NCAA, but both of those denials make sense to me.
I agree, they just seem out of step with the Fields-Martell situation, if that flew, you'd think anything would but it appears that is not the case. Anyway, have Solomon and Gibbs been denied or is this just rumor?

So if the NCAA needs to save face for the 2 exceptions they made for Miami and Ohio state who could they use to really make a statement? Hmmmmmmm

LOL. Oh me me. Poor UT the Victim of unnecessary harassment by the ncaa. OK just for the sake of my sanity, YOU ARE RIGHT!! How's that?

Reactions: Bash

VN Store

Back