Some Pundits Believe The Lady Vols Will Have A Difficult Time Getting Out Of Knoxville

Cyclones who?
We had better be ready for Toledo or they could pull off an upset. We will have to play good defense and watch our turnovers. Jackson and Horston are much more athletic than anyone on Toledo’s team but they do have a little speed. We have to break their spirit early because they are hyped and have nothing to lose.

We had better be ready for Toledo or they could pull off an upset. We will have to play good defense and watch our turnovers. Jackson and Horston are much more athletic than anyone on Toledo’s team but they do have a little speed. We have to break their spirit early because they are hyped and have nothing to lose.

I feel like we will just have to outlast them. Yes, they will have every reason to believe that anything can happen in March, but hopefully our defense will be stout to begin with, making it difficult for them to get off shots comfortably, and then they start hesitating.

But yes, we definitely have to break their spirits. Might not be to start, but I feel like Tennessee is in a good spot mentally and will get it done.

Just a thought..
I know we have to get by Toledo first, however we were missing RJ, JillH, and JF against VT earlier this season. And only lost by 3 at home. From the looks of it, VT is going to move to the next round. If we win tomorrow we’ll face them in the S16. Advantage goes to who?

they're ready,,bc Rickea and Jordan are reading each other...
Each one is working to make the other better
=s making each other peak
Kea is coming back,,,but why not two championships in two years
This would satisfy Candace/Chamique/Tamika/................Rickea
She's got a good start
ANd this could give Jordan a good finish ;o)

Dang lucky we sweated out this win.

We played very well and shot the THREE as well or better than we have all year.

But Toledo? They frankly didn't look like they even belonged in the tournament--completely over-matched physically and athletically. I've
no idea how they beat Iowa St. based on what I saw today.

Reactions: VOLPAT and Voluble2

But Toledo? They frankly didn't look like they even belonged in the tournament--completely over-matched physically and athletically. I've
I know Toledo looked like deer looking into headlights, however, let’s give the ladies credit they played harassing defense and shot the ball lights out and they didn’t take Toledo for granted. The ladies did what they were supposed to do. Next stop VaTech!! Go Lady Vols!!

I know Toledo looked like deer looking into headlights, however, let’s give the ladies credit they played harassing defense and shot the ball lights out and they didn’t take Toledo for granted. The ladies did what they were supposed to do. Next stop VaTech!! Go Lady Vols!!

Both St. Louis and Toledo came out pretty confident, I thought, and both showed some moxy early on -- especially St. Louis. But thankfully it didn't take long for the Lady Vols to get their bearings and then put the hammer down. Sure was a fun weekend, wasn't it? It was waaaaay more fun than this time last season when Tennessee limped into the Sweet 16 without Horston and Burrell at only about 75%, and then it look a miraculous last-minute 3 against a 12 seed to do it. My heart needed these easy wins and to get to see ALL of our players contributing and pumped up. 🤗

So, we should have beat them by 60? We just set a record for biggest first round margin. Don't know if you've been watching but up til recently we couldn't have done that in a closed gym with no opponent. We played like we overmatched Toledo and overwhelmed someone with our advatage for a change. Everyone had alot more fun in this round than last year. It was more a celebration than a competition. I can't be mad.

Doesn't mean that's enough. I compare the NCAA first rounds to our SEC regular season success. Business handled, now onto the next level. Here's the last chance this season to once and for all prove we belong up there. IMO a close, highly competitive loss to VT will be disappointing, but not a bad year. Anything more = gravy.

I pray to the bball gods that O state could somehow beat UConn. My least favorite way to end this year would be by sending the evil empire to the FF.

So, we should have beat them by 60? We just set a record for biggest first round margin. Don't know if you've been watching but up til recently we couldn't have done that in a closed gym with no opponent. We played like we overmatched Toledo and overwhelmed someone with our advatage for a change. Everyone had alot more fun in this round than last year. It was more a celebration than a competition. I can't be mad.

Doesn't mean that's enough. I compare the NCAA first rounds to our SEC regular season success. Business handled, now onto the next level. Here's the last chance this season to once and for all prove we belong up there. IMO a close, highly competitive loss to VT will be disappointing, but not a bad year. Anything more = gravy.

I pray to the bball gods that O state could somehow beat UConn. My least favorite way to end this year would be by sending the evil empire to the FF.

60? Heck, 600 would not impress some fans. I can't fathom negvoling, in post after post, in response to a dominant win to advance to the Sweet 16 (in a tournament marked by upsets)

All we heard was that the LVs struggled to make it to the Sweet 16 last season, barely beating lowly Belmont who had also pulled a tournament upset.

Now, Toledo who beat the #5 seed (and on paper should have close the same caliber of team as the LVs) comes to TBA and gets DISMANTLED, RECYCLED and turned into coasters to hold the LVs gatorade bottles. Toledo looked bad because the LVs made them look really bad.

Why do these people even follow the program?

At the risk of putting the cart before the horse, I really think the LVS at full capacity will have a double digit win over Virginia Tech. I would not be upset to have a rematch against UConn. It seems like the LVs finally believe they can beat anyone and Uconn is vulnerable even with Fudd back in the line-up.

I would love to see the handshake line when Geno has to greet Kellie after being knocked out of the tournament.......

VN Store

Back