Solution for "cramps" and "injuries"?

Monkey Wrench

^^my name--what i said>>
Howdy,

First of all, I am as frustrated as anyone else with players just dropping like flies every time momentum starts changing and we start moving fast as an offense, but my question is - how do you fix that?

At the end of the day, we are playing a contact sport, and injuries do and will happen - how do refs/sec/ncaa handle it? You certainly don't want to punish a team for a legit injury, but you also don't want what happened last night to be a repeating event. Not only does it seem "unfair" for the team that moves fast - but also (and probably more importantly to the SEC) it makes for an awful viewing experience.

Reactions: KptVFL
It’s pretty obvious. Injured players need to sit out for more than just one play. Seems like an easy fix.
I'd be good with this, I'd even be okay to allow the team to burn a timeout to get a player back in. I know I have played in the past and had my knees hit and it can be scary, but turns out to be nothing. The idea with timeout getting them back in, it will limit it to 3 times a half.

Howdy,

First of all, I am as frustrated as anyone else with players just dropping like flies every time momentum starts changing and we start moving fast as an offense, but my question is - how do you fix that?

At the end of the day, we are playing a contact sport, and injuries do and will happen - how do refs/sec/ncaa handle it? You certainly don't want to punish a team for a legit injury, but you also don't want what happened last night to be a repeating event. Not only does it seem "unfair" for the team that moves fast - but also (and probably more importantly to the SEC) it makes for an awful viewing experience.
Innovative approach: We should protest any time stoppage for an injury by throwing garbage onto the field.

If they are cramping that badly, the fans need to help them out and share their water bottles. And that’s just what we did. You’re welcome

Seems the best approach is exploit the subbing player as a policy. If defenses routinely pay the price for flopping, they will stop.

If you're cramping, you don't just come right back the next play. I think the rule should be a full 3 plays before the player is allowed to return. Player safety and all, right?

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
I think “injured” players should have to sit 5 plays. I think that would help.

The issue is, how do you deter this, but not deter players from letting coaches know they are hurt. It’s a fine line.

I have fewer issues with them laying down like that and slowing offenses down than I do with it saving timeouts.

If you're cramping, you don't just come right back the next play. I think the rule should be a full 3 plays before the player is allowed to return. Player safety and all, right?

Should be the total possession unless caused by contact from a serious hit

The issue is, how do you deter this, but not deter players from letting coaches know they are hurt. It’s a fine line.

I have fewer issues with them laying down like that and slowing offenses down than I do with it saving timeouts.
If they're really hurt they'll stay down.

limit the number of outs and reentries for one game. Along with a full series requirement. If you are injured you shouldn't be reentering and playing immediately. Player safety

limit the number of outs and reentries for one game. Along with a full series requirement. If you are injured you shouldn't be reentering and playing immediately. Player safety

The issue with this is managing who has been in and out, and when they went out.

I really think that a full series should be sat out, unless its the end of the quarter, or a timeout is used.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
It will be difficult to manage from an official standpoint, but the NCAA must address this.

Forcing them to sit for a series may not be enough plays. What if a coach puts in a walk on just to take a dive? Forced time out may not be fair for real injuries. No penalty for Offensive player staying down?

It's not going to be an easy fix, but it MUST be fixed. Right, Lane?

VN Store

Back