Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Harbaugh has now responded to Fickel's accusation and it ain't pretty: Jim Harbaugh fires back at Cincinnati's Luke Fickell over James Hudson transfer situation

This is not giving me the warm fuzzies at all.
The NCAA has no business wanting Harbaugh's blessing. The NCAA should be ashamed of the unorganized mess they continue to show they are. College football needs a truly independent council that can oversee each case in a timely manner. The rules should be in black and white on transfers and everything else. And take out crap that is totally outdated, there a thousands of stupid little rules in that mega thick ncaa rule book that they themselves haven't even read all of it. College sports deserves a better leader, a fairer leader and a better equal enforcement of it's rules when they are broke. The shams and Miami and North Carolina have made the NCAA a constant joke among most college football fans. The NCAA is wishy washy as it gets, and I wish the power 5 would demand better or else. GBO!

At some point, one would think the staff needs to cut the reps Solomon is getting and give the work to the players who are eligible. If he's still not eligible by the end of this week, I think it's time to move on.

At some point, one would think the staff needs to cut the reps Solomon is getting and give the work to the players who are eligible. If he's still not eligible by the end of this week, I think it's time to move on.

From reading the practice reports yesterday it seems like they may be doing that now.

I by no means will ever pretend to be an insider. I never post here I just lurk, because people are super quick to bash someone for any reason they can find just because they are behind a keyboard so I usually just steer clear...

Also, the person that texted me is someone that I talk to regularly and normally hears things quickly, and has no reason to tell me bull****. Maybe he was misinformed I don’t know I was just relaying information that I received because I wanted to share the excitement with my fellow Vol brethren. So I apologize that I’m not an insider like many of you had hoped.

Everyone always says the same thing. "My friend had no reason to lie to me..."

Your friend didn't "lie" to you, he just doesn't know what he's talking about. Unless he works for Jeremy Pruitt in some capacity or is very rich and hangs around the team, I don't know why you would listen to him in the first place as some source of truth.

Reactions: Titan05
Well...
Screen-Shot-2019-07-21-at-1.28.42-PM.png

It looks like this is all about frikkin' Harbaugh:

Tennessee football: Does Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explain Aubrey Solomon’s status?

by Caleb Calhoun10 hours ago Follow @calebcalhoun

Michigan Wolverines transfer Aubrey Solomon is in NCAA limbo with the Tennessee football Volunteers. Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explains the Vols issue.

Despite announcing his intentions to transfer back in December, Tennessee footballdefensive lineman Aubrey Solomon, who was once a five-star recruit and worked with the first-team all spring, has been waiting on his eligibility waiver from the NCAA. The Vols desperately need to know given how dire their situation is up front.
However, while the NCAA has been clearing transfers left and right, most recently Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jordan Travis, who transferred from the Louisville Cardinals, Solomon has been playing the waiting game. And the season is two weeks out.

Well, now we may have the answer. Tennessee football may be dealing with a bitter coach in Jim Harbaugh. An ESPN article in February went into detail about the vagueness of the NCAA’s decision making on granting eligibility waivers to transfers, and it does seem to suggest that coaches of the school the player is transferring from can make it difficult.
Harbaugh’s character on that front was revealed with another player. Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Luke Fickell blasted Harbaugh in an article in The Athletic about the way he went after another Michigan transfer, offensive lineman James Hudson.
Hudson’s appeal for a waiver to immediately play for Cincinnati this year was denied back in July. Fickell says that Michigan did not back the waiver. Now, Fickell’s complaining seemed to be a bit much, as he couldn’t point to outright evidence of sabotage. He simply criticized Harbaugh for not aggressively backing the kid, which Harbaugh doesn’t have to do given Hudson transferring away.

But it may help explain why Tennessee football can’t get Solomon cleared to play. If Harbaugh, for no reason, will do that with other transfers, why should we believe he’s not doing the same with Solomon? Harbaugh has clearly shown bitterness in the past at NCAA rules that don’t benefit him. Maybe that applies to transfers from his program.
I don’t understand this. The whole point of the transfer portal was to give the player the power to transfer without having to notify the head coach and administration and without asking for permission. Thought it was supposed to empower the player and streamline the process. So how can the coach where he’s transferring from have any power, any say in the decision. What am I missing here? Is there an element involved that I’m not understanding?

Reactions: Mick and FïreBall
Meh, there are plenty others here like me and you that ain't perfect.
His only mistake was starting a new thread, instead of just posting what he had to say in the player thread where the transfer was already being discussed.

Reactions: BearCat204

VN Store

Back