Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Not trying to be intense or argumentative with you here, I'm just talking but if that works why wouldn't they handle all of their difficult questions that way? Just get them out of the way before the cameras start rolling so it's all positive all the time once they do. I've just done some PR in the past and occasionally still work with those types and in my experience trying to control the press that way is counter-productive, maybe our press corps is now filled with a bunch of yes men but I haven't gotten that impression in the past.

Sounds like D.C.

In another thread, I expressed doubts that Solomon would be cleared, and that Trey Smith would be cleared medically. I doubted the later more, but if I am wrong on both, that's just fine.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
So I waited all day to check this tonight to see the out outcome???
giphy.gif

It looks like this is all about frikkin' Harbaugh:

Tennessee football: Does Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explain Aubrey Solomon’s status?

by Caleb Calhoun10 hours ago Follow @calebcalhoun

Michigan Wolverines transfer Aubrey Solomon is in NCAA limbo with the Tennessee football Volunteers. Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explains the Vols issue.

Despite announcing his intentions to transfer back in December, Tennessee footballdefensive lineman Aubrey Solomon, who was once a five-star recruit and worked with the first-team all spring, has been waiting on his eligibility waiver from the NCAA. The Vols desperately need to know given how dire their situation is up front.
However, while the NCAA has been clearing transfers left and right, most recently Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jordan Travis, who transferred from the Louisville Cardinals, Solomon has been playing the waiting game. And the season is two weeks out.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)

Well, now we may have the answer. Tennessee football may be dealing with a bitter coach in Jim Harbaugh. An ESPN article in February went into detail about the vagueness of the NCAA’s decision making on granting eligibility waivers to transfers, and it does seem to suggest that coaches of the school the player is transferring from can make it difficult.
Harbaugh’s character on that front was revealed with another player. Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Luke Fickell blasted Harbaugh in an article in The Athletic about the way he went after another Michigan transfer, offensive lineman James Hudson.
Hudson’s appeal for a waiver to immediately play for Cincinnati this year was denied back in July. Fickell says that Michigan did not back the waiver. Now, Fickell’s complaining seemed to be a bit much, as he couldn’t point to outright evidence of sabotage. He simply criticized Harbaugh for not aggressively backing the kid, which Harbaugh doesn’t have to do given Hudson transferring away.

But it may help explain why Tennessee football can’t get Solomon cleared to play. If Harbaugh, for no reason, will do that with other transfers, why should we believe he’s not doing the same with Solomon? Harbaugh has clearly shown bitterness in the past at NCAA rules that don’t benefit him. Maybe that applies to transfers from his program.

Well, today is a new day. Over/under on how many more new threads are started on Solomon's eligibility between now and the 31st is set at 3.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I by no means will ever pretend to be an insider. I never post here I just lurk, because people are super quick to bash someone for any reason they can find just because they are behind a keyboard so I usually just steer clear...

Also, the person that texted me is someone that I talk to regularly and normally hears things quickly, and has no reason to tell me bull****. Maybe he was misinformed I don’t know I was just relaying information that I received because I wanted to share the excitement with my fellow Vol brethren. So I apologize that I’m not an insider like many of you had hoped.

You blindly threw a dart hoping for a bullseye. We get it. It didn't work.

Reactions: Titan05
It looks like this is all about frikkin' Harbaugh:

Tennessee football: Does Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explain Aubrey Solomon’s status?

by Caleb Calhoun10 hours ago Follow @calebcalhoun

Michigan Wolverines transfer Aubrey Solomon is in NCAA limbo with the Tennessee football Volunteers. Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explains the Vols issue.

Despite announcing his intentions to transfer back in December, Tennessee footballdefensive lineman Aubrey Solomon, who was once a five-star recruit and worked with the first-team all spring, has been waiting on his eligibility waiver from the NCAA. The Vols desperately need to know given how dire their situation is up front.
However, while the NCAA has been clearing transfers left and right, most recently Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jordan Travis, who transferred from the Louisville Cardinals, Solomon has been playing the waiting game. And the season is two weeks out.

Well, now we may have the answer. Tennessee football may be dealing with a bitter coach in Jim Harbaugh. An ESPN article in February went into detail about the vagueness of the NCAA’s decision making on granting eligibility waivers to transfers, and it does seem to suggest that coaches of the school the player is transferring from can make it difficult.
Harbaugh’s character on that front was revealed with another player. Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Luke Fickell blasted Harbaugh in an article in The Athletic about the way he went after another Michigan transfer, offensive lineman James Hudson.
Hudson’s appeal for a waiver to immediately play for Cincinnati this year was denied back in July. Fickell says that Michigan did not back the waiver. Now, Fickell’s complaining seemed to be a bit much, as he couldn’t point to outright evidence of sabotage. He simply criticized Harbaugh for not aggressively backing the kid, which Harbaugh doesn’t have to do given Hudson transferring away.

But it may help explain why Tennessee football can’t get Solomon cleared to play. If Harbaugh, for no reason, will do that with other transfers, why should we believe he’s not doing the same with Solomon? Harbaugh has clearly shown bitterness in the past at NCAA rules that don’t benefit him. Maybe that applies to transfers from his program.

Harbaugh, even though I think he's a good coach, is a whiny b!tch. It wouldn't surprise me if he is contributing in holding up Solomon's clearance.

I think your making this too intense.
I mean they probably told them they had no new info beforehand. So don't ask.
Then you're just wasting your question.
Also comparing his press conference skills to Butch’s is not believing what you’ve seen. Butch would still ADDRESS said forbidden question! There were no consequences. A reporter trying to get anything out of Pruitt...currently or future...knows not to smush the cornbread.

Reactions: chargervol
Also comparing his press conference skills to Butch’s is not believing what you’ve seen. Butch would still ADDRESS said forbidden question! There were no consequences. A reporter trying to get anything out of Pruitt...currently or future...knows not to smush the cornbread.
has pruitt started his list yet?

I guess at this point then it's "next man up". Hope he gets cleared to play but it is not looking very likely. Have to get the team ready as much as possible and if then that means Solomon goes to the back of the line then so be it. Just seems like BS other players are finding out so quickly and his has taken forever. Best of luck to the young man. GBO!

Solomon ruling coming out today, awesome. Good thinking staring a new thread for today. I was worried we were going to have to use yesterday's thread and it would be all confusing.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I don't see why the NCAA should ask the previous coaching staff for anything other than if the kid was a good student at the time there. If they say anything other than yes, which could be proven by transcripts then the previous school should have no say in this. Seriously if they can show that this coach is just a prick to kids leaving then they need to ignore what that coach says and rule on the kids application reasons.

Reactions: KBVol and walkenvol

VN Store

Back