Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Most reporters don't have that attitude, telling one not to ask a question used to be the surest way of getting one. When Botch tried to play that card it backfired spectacularly as I recall.
I think your making this too intense.
I mean they probably told them they had no new info beforehand. So don't ask.
Then you're just wasting your question.

I just looked back and now I see I was duped. It sure looked official. Sheeesh!!! How come the bad news is always right and the good stuff rarely is? SMH

I think your making this too intense.
I mean they probably told them they had no new info beforehand. So don't ask.
Then you're just wasting your question.
Not trying to be intense or argumentative with you here, I'm just talking but if that works why wouldn't they handle all of their difficult questions that way? Just get them out of the way before the cameras start rolling so it's all positive all the time once they do. I've just done some PR in the past and occasionally still work with those types and in my experience trying to control the press that way is counter-productive, maybe our press corps is now filled with a bunch of yes men but I haven't gotten that impression in the past.

Reactions: Titan05
Not trying to be intense or argumentative with you here, I'm just talking but if that works why wouldn't they handle all of their difficult questions that way? Just get them out of the way before the cameras start rolling so it's all positive all the time once they do. I've just done some PR in the past and occasionally still work with those types and in my experience trying to control the press that way is counter-productive, maybe our press corps is now filled with a bunch of yes men but I haven't gotten that impression in the past.
Don't think it was a "difficult question", there's nothing difficult about "we haven't heard anything new". They did the media a favor by telling them beforehand so that they didn't waste their turn.

The media still could have asked but decided on questions that had contained news, instead..

Don't think it was a "difficult question", there's nothing difficult about "we haven't heard anything new". They did the media a favor by telling them beforehand so that they didn't waste their turn.

The media still could have asked but decided on questions that had contained news, instead..
It's really not a big deal, I'm just saying it's just contrary to my experience. You usually don't tell the press, we have news on A, B, C, and D, and none on E, F, G and H, and expect them to stick to A, B, C and D. Usually they will then ask E, F, G, and H for sure just to be a pain in the a$$ and because they think you're hiding something. That is of course, unless you've got a bunch of lapdogs, which I've never taken our press for. Botch tried to tell them they should be and it backfired on him pretty bad, but 41-0 didn't help with that either.

tenor.gif

Most reporters don't have that attitude, telling one not to ask a question used to be the surest way of getting one. When Botch tried to play that card it backfired spectacularly as I recall.
I think all the cards he played fell in that category, especially the "When to kick a Field Goal" cards or "Time Out" cards.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

VN Store

Back