Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Yea, he's said it 3 different ways, but I guess it really doesn't matter as long as he's right about it being today and it ends today, one way or the other. Imo
Said “could be good news today”. I’m going with that

Hearing that good news could be coming today regarding Aubrey Solomon 👀
I don’t have twitter either so it’s not a combination of either. The only combination I have is someone in the program texting me saying “ good chance we hear a Solomon update today”
All I got was expect good news regarding aubrey 👀

Said “could be good news today”. I’m going with that

I'm not giving him a hard time, just unclear on his message. Hope it is today and he is eligible. Party time!

Reactions: swchandler1988
For those of you who didn't see it, this is the post getting a double take.

EB0Z6WiXoAAIika

Understand your argument , but think of all the young impulsive players that would transfer after getting mad at a coach for yelling at them or they screw up and rather than stay around and learn from it they leave. Jauan Jennings would probably no longer be with us. Instead he learned from his mistake and matured and now has good coaching and barring injury may have a path to the NFL

Wisdom speaks. The crisis would be massive. For one, imagine how many players would switch to Bama or Clemson during December for a chance to play in the natty. Transfer rules are important.

It’s crazy that players can’t play where they want to. It’s hard to be a free agent when you’re not paid, so they need to stop with that BS argument.
Well once the NCAA let the horse out of the barn ( "Transfer Portal") they can't very well put it back in. And they can't pick and choose who they rule eligible; without show cause. I don't actually care for "Free Agency", I believe a commitment is a commitment. But since we are there now, equal application is mandatory. Aubrey Will Play .

Reactions: DixieVol
I told Yall Solomon was going to be eligible. Early and often.

Does this mean that we should always listen to your future predictions? If so, do you realize the untold Million$ that are available to you in Vegas etc. Go ahead and quit your day job. ;)

Well once the NCAA let the horse out of the barn ( "Transfer Portal") they can't very well put it back in. And they can't pick and choose who they rule eligible; without show cause. I don't actually care for "Free Agency", I believe a commitment is a commitment. But since we are there now, equal application is mandatory. Aubrey Will Play .

Then how do you explain all the transfers that were ruled ineligible this year?

So you don't think the university that invested thousands of dollars in recruiting a kid to come play for their school should have any rights in this as well? .
Hell NO - schools spend thousands to make millions. There’s no argument that any reasonable person can make that the schools are being taken advantage of. Run a good program and the players will want to stay...no need for the schools to worry about losing players if they treat the players right.

Reactions: Dr Dread
Hell NO - schools spend thousands to make millions. There’s no argument that any reasonable person can make that the schools are being taken advantage of. Run a good program and the players will want to stay...no need for the schools to worry about losing players if they treat the players right.
You're making a huge assumption that players will stay just because they're treated well. Like someone posted earlier, players would have the ability to change schools in December just cause they want a ring and their current school is out of the running. Coaches from teams in the playoffs could go recruit from teams not in the playoffs, and field a team full of stars from other teams. There has to be some balance.

Already have. They’ve already changed the rules for the portal. I agree, a free agency system would wreak havoc. Kid gets his feelings hurt and enters transfer portal. It would be hell on coaches. The answer may be placing restrictions, not on the athlete, but on the institution. Say you can take two transfers per year without restriction, assuming you meet other requirements (apr, roster #s)

I think there should be some grace given to signings as well, especially teams that are rebuilding. Kids can transfer if the head coach leaves but there is nothing that helps that team rebuild the roster. That’s BS.

You are oversimplifying this to a ridiculous degree.

Already have. They’ve already changed the rules for the portal. I agree, a free agency system would wreak havoc. Kid gets his feelings hurt and enters transfer portal. It would be hell on coaches. The answer may be placing restrictions, not on the athlete, but on the institution. Say you can take two transfers per year without restriction, assuming you meet other requirements (apr, roster #s)

I think there should be some grace given to signings as well, especially teams that are rebuilding. Kids can transfer if the head coach leaves but there is nothing that helps that team rebuild the roster. That’s BS.

Give grace to teams that have done poorly... Hmm that could encourage the ever-popular and fan-favorite late season tanking to get a better player.

If we’re being that detailed I actually received the text at 12:21 but I do sleep, so I read it this morning. I also had stuff crust pizza for dinner and a few beers with it.
“Beers” is pretty vague. Details bro, we need details! Was it ale, Pilsner, lager, hoppy, fruity...?🤪
GBO!!

Reactions: Hbd10

VN Store

Back