Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Give grace to teams that have done poorly... Hmm that could encourage the ever-popular and fan-favorite late season tanking to get a better player.
Huh? You aren’t connecting the dots.
Head coaches leaving doesn’t mean a school has done a bad job. If a coach leaving opens up unrestricted transfer then the school ought to have some recourse to replace those players. Under the current rules it doesn’t.

Soon.

FWIW: the NCAA hold music was a song by "Yes".

giphy.gif

Volnation....the only place on earth where you can post HOPEFULLLY positive news and an all out circled firing squad breaks out! Just let me know when or if the kid qualifies and I'll hang up and listen!

That’s not it.

We’ve just been burned a million time by anonymous “insider sources”

After a while you learn.

Volnation....the only place on earth where you can post HOPEFULLLY positive news and an all out circled firing squad breaks out! Just let me know when or if the kid qualifies and I'll hang up and listen!
Positive or negative has nothing to do with it.

Yea, he's said it 3 different ways, but I guess it really doesn't matter as long as he's right about it being today and it ends today, one way or the other. Imo
Well, as you can see in the post I responded to, at 7:42am this morning, he doesn’t specific “good” or “bad” in that particular post, so I simply asked for clarification. If I’d seen his “3 different ways”, chances are really, really good that I wouldn’t have asked for the clarification.

Well once the NCAA let the horse out of the barn ( "Transfer Portal") they can't very well put it back in. And they can't pick and choose who they rule eligible; without show cause. I don't actually care for "Free Agency", I believe a commitment is a commitment. But since we are there now, equal application is mandatory. Aubrey Will Play .

I think there should be hard definitions of what should trigger a transfer regardless of the current schools , and deal with the rest by requiring the current school to declare within two business days of the official entry into the portal whether they feel they want to fight a transfer by committing a scholorship for the next year... then if transfer is denied they lose the scholly... no fight the transfer is allowed..... without this you need to allow an additional initial counter for the next cycle for each transfer with more than one year of eligibility. This way there is a way to let kids go through the portal when it benefits both sides. No change to the grad transfer process...

The declaration might make the players in the portal determine that they have to consider staying put... right now without the commitment I am not sure they are guaranteed the scholly... I would like to see a requirement that the NCAA has a week to determine if the case submitted is a no brainer no for meeting requirements when challenged.... then the rest can be reviewed for a final decision. Their workload will be much smaller when they don't have to deal with those not fought by original school.

Last edited:
That’s not it.

We’ve just been burned a million time by anonymous “insider sources”

After a while you learn.
And a couple of million times by "outsider sources", hunches, presumptions, overheard conversations, seeing someone at the airport, flight trackers, complete guesses, and just outright lies.

Huh? You aren’t connecting the dots.
Head coaches leaving doesn’t mean a school has done a bad job. If a coach leaving opens up unrestricted transfer then the school ought to have some recourse to replace those players. Under the current rules it doesn’t.

You suggested giving grace to "teams that are rebuilding". What can you call a team that loses a majority of their starters? Rebuilding. What can you call a team that just lost a majority of their games? Rebuilding. The term rebuilding could be used in many contexts, not strictly limited to losing a coach. My deepest of apologies for not perfectly connecting the dots on a rather ambiguously worded post.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Well, as you can see in the post I responded to, at 7:42am this morning, he doesn’t specific “good” or “bad” in that particular post, so I simply asked for clarification. If I’d seen his “3 different ways”, chances are really, really good that I wouldn’t have asked for the clarification.

Sorry KB, I guess I could have said that better. I was agreeing with you and saying I'll be glad to get an answer one way or the other so I guess it doesn't matter which one of the three ways he said it is right.imo.

Anyway, yeah I agree.

You suggested giving grace to "teams that are rebuilding". What can you call a team that loses a majority of their starters? Rebuilding. What can you call a team that just lost a majority of their games? Rebuilding. The term rebuilding could be used in many contexts, not strictly limited to losing a coach. My deepest of apologies for not perfectly connecting the dots on a rather ambiguously worded post.
No, I said if a team loses their coach and players are afforded unrestricted transfer then something ought to be afforded, such as a one for one. If a player transfers then that school could be afforded an extra scholarship over the yearly maximum, as long as total roster not exceeded.

Rosters are always in flux. If you’re unclear on what I’m stating just ask a question. My original point absolutely conditioned it on a head coach leaving. But, I think transfers should afford the school the ability to sign accordingly.

@Grand Vol we need your summary, quick!
And @preacherwebb's GIF guide!
Okay, I'm home now. I haven't backed up to get caught up yet, so I don't know if you've got help from the good people of volnation or not. Thought I'd go ahead and give you a few pointers before I got started.

1) Select desired gif. giphy.com was recommended to me.
2) right click on gif and select copy image address
3) come back to volnation, and in the regular text box (with all the smiley faces and stuff beside it) type
4)right click and select paste to insert the image address
5) type
6) submit reply

das it mane
Come in here with negativity and he'll put you on his list.
tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

VN Store

Back