Lady Vols Softball

thanks --- no tv here so I was wondering why she was removed
She was removed because of poor catching technique, never expose your catching hand when especially no one is on base. I noticed that the girl who took her place was doing the same thing. Protect your throwing hand by placing it on the backside of your thigh.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Any reason why the schedule at UT Sports doesn't include TV schedule/provider past the first game? Are games being televised? I would appreciate the TV information as I love to watch the Vols play! Thanks

Any reason why the schedule at UT Sports doesn't include TV schedule/provider past the first game? Are games being televised? I would appreciate the TV information as I love to watch the Vols play! Thanks
I don't know it games this weekend for softball are going to have any TV coverage I know Brian said he would do audio earlier. Give it a couple of days and the schedule 2021 Softball Schedule - University of Tennessee Athletics will update on what will be provided. Hopefully there with be some video for the weekend. It may take til Thursday. At least the A&M Saturday is Espn +

Last edited:
I expect a lot of those games to be on ESPN plus as several Mid-majors in the tourney and that is the specific games they stream.

All of the games that will be televised on linear networks (ESPN, ESPNU, SEC Network) have been announced and are listed on the schedule. The remaining home games will be streamed on SECN+, some with a full broadcast like you saw this past weekend and some with a two-camera feed with my audio on it. Those haven't been fully determined yet, but there is a balance with making sure that all the sports have a "full" broadcast as much as possible, while also having home baseball and volleyball games, which have to have a minimum number of cameras because both sports have replay.

As far as road games, the SEC games should have at a minimum the two-camera feed everywhere we go. From what I understand, Texas A&M will have a full broadcast on SECN+ Saturday, but the other games in Texas you'll be stuck listening to me because they won't be video streamed.

To confirm what the earlier poster said, Morgan has been at all of the games and in the dugout. Karen mentioned today on our show that they hope to have her and Ally ready to go this weekend.

All of the games that will be televised on linear networks (ESPN, ESPNU, SEC Network) have been announced and are listed on the schedule. The remaining home games will be streamed on SECN+, some with a full broadcast like you saw this past weekend and some with a two-camera feed with my audio on it. Those haven't been fully determined yet, but there is a balance with making sure that all the sports have a "full" broadcast as much as possible, while also having home baseball and volleyball games, which have to have a minimum number of cameras because both sports have replay.

As far as road games, the SEC games should have at a minimum the two-camera feed everywhere we go. From what I understand, Texas A&M will have a full broadcast on SECN+ Saturday, but the other games in Texas you'll be stuck listening to me because they won't be video streamed.

To confirm what the earlier poster said, Morgan has been at all of the games and in the dugout. Karen mentioned today on our show that they hope to have her and Ally ready to go this weekend.
Just to clarify Brian! ESPN plus will not be available? Also if you broadcast unless Madison is on the video feed i listen to you. JMHO!

Just to clarify Brian! ESPN plus will not be available? Also if you broadcast unless Madison is on the video feed i listen to you. JMHO!

ESPN+ (the $5.99/month subscription service) does not have rights to SEC games, meaning those that originate on SEC campuses, at this time.

SECN+, which is the online component of the SEC Network and included with your cable system, carries games when the host school is able to produce them. Campus resources dictate how many of those games get a "full" broadcast.

Audio is much better than nothing though was hoping for some more video coverage. I don't believe any of the non ut games was on video this weekend either. You do do an excellent job on the game call.

Thank you very much! That was very helpful! Go Vols!

ESPN+ (the $5.99/month subscription service) does not have rights to SEC games, meaning those that originate on SEC campuses, at this time.

SECN+, which is the online component of the SEC Network and included with your cable system, carries games when the host school is able to produce them. Campus resources dictate how many of those games get a "full" broadcast.

A lot of dollars in advertising left on the table by not televising these games. It was hard to believe the Braves spring games aren’t live streamed. But we get 100 channels of yuck shoved through our cables and dishes. The more tech we have, the worse the programming. I would trade any live college or spring training games for the talking heads on waaay too many sports talk shows.

A lot of dollars in advertising left on the table by not televising these games. It was hard to believe the Braves spring games aren’t live streamed. But we get 100 channels of yuck shoved through our cables and dishes. The more tech we have, the worse the programming. I would trade any live college or spring training games for the talking heads on waaay too many sports talk shows.

Not as much as you would think, actually. The networks sell packages by the season, not by the game. Most advertisers want a highly-focused slate of big games, so a longer schedule with more games becomes tougher to sell. Spring Training has always been a money loser for the regional networks. Good audiences the first week or so, then virtually no one in the weeks after. It's why you see most spring training TV schedules be the opening weekend and then only a selected game here or there.

Reactions: Rickster
The LadyVols are listed at number 19 in the current USA/ESPN poll. Saw it posted while watching the LSU/So.Miss game this evening.
The Usa Today poll I believe is the coaches poll they don't like us as much. DI Softball Rankings - USA Today/NFCA Coaches | NCAA.com The Espn poll is more media based they seem to like us better. It was that USA poll that we dropped out of the week before. Lack of having played a top tier opponent does not help at this point.

Not as much as you would think, actually. The networks sell packages by the season, not by the game. Most advertisers want a highly-focused slate of big games, so a longer schedule with more games becomes tougher to sell. Spring Training has always been a money loser for the regional networks. Good audiences the first week or so, then virtually no one in the weeks after. It's why you see most spring training TV schedules be the opening weekend and then only a selected game here or there.
That was before COVID. Probably the same after COVID. I would like to see more live sports on TV and less talk. Appreciate your opinion.

I would love it but don't get your hopes up. They will broadcast all the A&M games ours included and would be pleasantly shocked if any others.
Yes looks like they are using their local SEC to broadcast their games same way we do our tourneys. Disappointing maybe someday in a modern age we can get broadcast of more games. :)

Reactions: kregman
Lamar looks like a team we should beat easily not much pitching or hitting. Campbell has a very good pitcher that could give us trouble and they are capable of scrounging a run or two possibly. Hopefully we can take those and A&M will be a contest that could go either way.

Turner gets out of one out runner at third trouble. They played the slapper way in the outfield which they have been doing she hit over them for a triple.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back