Lady Vols Softball

Great to win both games. We really couldn't get the big hit in game two but done enough to win. I really like the move of letting Rogers come in and close them out. Great move by the coaches.
That’ll be interesting to see how it plays out the rest of the year. Need to be deep at pitching to keep her healthy and fresh. Personally I would have liked one of the others come in to close it out.

That’ll be interesting to see how it plays out the rest of the year. Need to be deep at pitching to keep her healthy and fresh. Personally I would have liked one of the others come in to close it out.
I see your point but the win is more important than a couple of innings of who knows what! After what AR did in the first game it would have been a Holly or Butch type call not to use her!

I see your point but the win is more important than a couple of innings of who knows what! After what AR did in the first game it would have been a Holly or Butch type call not to use her!
Agree on the win. I just dont want the workhorse overused with plenty of arms on roster. Very early, but hope this isn’t the script.

Yes, of course, lol. He literally works for the university so it should go without saying that he gets paid to pump sunshine. He did it for years with bad coaches in other sports, like with Butch and Holly.

Just paid to broadcast the games, nothing else. And it's certainly not enough money to say something I don't believe.

Here's what I don't understand. Why some people come to this site and other with literally nothing positive to say. When the team loses, it's time to fire everybody and start over. When they win, it's only because the other team sucks. When they do things like take 2/3 against Florida and Alabama two years ago, it was because those teams failed or we got lucky.

You can spend your time and money however you want, but I can't understand having the energy to never be happy about anything that happens. You don't have to sugar coat things, you certainly don't have to be happy with losses. But to literally never take pleasure in anything seems like the most exhausting way possible to live your life.

How they perform against Eastern Kentucky, Ohio, SEMO and Miami will be zero indication of how they'll perform against LSU, Alabama and Kentucky. But to refuse to draw any satisfaction from two wins because of what might or might not happen down the line is baffling.

Here's what I don't understand. Why some people come to this site and other with literally nothing positive to say. When the team loses, it's time to fire everybody and start over. When they win, it's only because the other team sucks. When they do things like take 2/3 against Florida and Alabama two years ago, it was because those teams failed or we got lucky.

You can spend your time and money however you want, but I can't understand having the energy to never be happy about anything that happens. You don't have to sugar coat things, you certainly don't have to be happy with losses. But to literally never take pleasure in anything seems like the most exhausting way possible to live your life.

How they perform against Eastern Kentucky, Ohio, SEMO and Miami will be zero indication of how they'll perform against LSU, Alabama and Kentucky. But to refuse to draw any satisfaction from two wins because of what might or might not happen down the line is baffling.

Post of the month right here folks.

There are a couple pretty miserable folks on this board who love to criticize everything. Brian, you do a wonderful job and I know I am very appreciative of you. Keep up the good work!

Just paid to broadcast the games, nothing else. And it's certainly not enough money to say something I don't believe.
Was traveling today with the wife and put on the app she was first kinda amazed the softball team had someone broadcasting the games, second she popped up and said "I'm really impressed by this guy announcing he knows his stuff and is really into it." So kudos to you because she is not easily impressed. It is amazing world we live in when you can listen to the game on the interstate just about anywhere. Appreciate the audio feed and video when we can get it.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Agree on the win. I just dont want the workhorse overused with plenty of arms on roster. Very early, but hope this isn’t the script.
Well she only pitched seven innings which was what she was going to do if the first game had not went five. So using her for two anytime that happens doesn't seem to be a burden on her pitch count.

Always harping on the schedule and who were playing when every team is playing teams from mid-majors at some time during the season. It gets tiring that they come on the broadcast with all this negative BS when the rest of us are trying to enjoy the team and the broadcast. You Have to wonder what the Weekly's or Tennessee did to them to make them so bitter.

Well she only pitched seven innings which was what she was going to do if the first game had not went five. So using her for two anytime that happens doesn't seem to be a burden on her pitch count.
I get the numbers and the reasoning, go get the W first. My concern and hopefully it is not a concern at all is why not Bender or Hazelwood to close it out?

Reactions: Volfan2012
you fail to realize that some of us know you have more than one account on VN.

tenor.gif

I get the numbers and the reasoning, go get the W first. My concern and hopefully it is not a concern at all is why not Bender or Hazelwood to close it out?
You just answered your own question. Get the W first. Especially in a one run game. Not a time to play around. Had it been a 3 run lead, then okay, give someone else a look. There will be plenty of opportunities for that.

Was traveling today with the wife and put on the app she was first kinda amazed the softball team had someone broadcasting the games, second she popped up and said "I'm really impressed by this guy announcing he knows his stuff and is really into it." So kudos to you because she is not easily impressed. It is amazing world we live in when you can listen to the game on the interstate just about anywhere. Appreciate the audio feed and video when we can get it.
How can i watch the games live in Arizona and miss most of the games is there an app ir what

My guess is it is Turner (if she is not having arm issues), Bender and McCachren. The X factor is Hazelwood.
No doubt that it is Turner and i understand she had got that little wildness under control better. As much as she pitched last year she will be great being a lefty after someone facing Ashley! Bot have very good speed. Sad but not long ago we only had one pitcher we used about every game because the recruiting of pitchers was nile! To have 4 or 5 sounds good to me.!

Reactions: Majors

VN Store

Back