Lady Vols Softball

Getting late going to be 31 degrees tonight don't think there is going to be a game today. If it is hopefully we win out hopefully better luck tomorrow if not today.

We spoke to Karen Weekly on the show this morning about the challenges they've faced in getting ready for the upcoming season, the development of the pitchers, the schedule that's missing the usual big names and more: Karen Weekly joins the EA Show 2-1-21

On the schedule discussion, the exact slate that we would have faced at the ESPN Clearwater Tournament wasn't set in stone, but I know we had been guaranteed two WCWS teams from 2019. Four, if not all five, games would have been against Top 25 teams.

Then you shouldn't have put up UF and Bama schedules which were a lot better than UT. Georgia like UT was lazy.

Reactions: lvfan
Chance of rain Friday 82%
Chance of rain Saturday 79%
Chance of rain Sunday 72%
Chance of rain Monday 53%

I wouldn't bet on them playing this weekend.

Last edited:
Just cancelled the whole tournament. Wow. That’s five games lost. Midweek double headers on the way?

Last edited:
Softball and baseball even in a normal year needs to be pushed back at least a month and probably two. Unless you are playing in the deep south or the desert in the west the weather is just not good most of the time. The coldest I have ever been have been at softball games in middle school, high school, and collage. Football not even close.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Softball and baseball even in a normal year needs to be pushed back at least a month and probably two. Unless you are playing in the deep south or the desert in the west the weather is just not good most of the time. The coldest I have ever been have been at softball games in middle school, high school, and collage. Football not even close.
Funny other SEC teams are playing. This is due to poor scheduling

I have to agree with Vol67 on this. How could anyone schedule games in Myrtle Beach? Weather is always terrible there! Sheesh. Trying too hard on this one 67.

"Poor scheduling." Like the tournament where UT was supposed to face multiple top 25 teams being cancelled? Like the games in Myrtle Beach being rained out?

I guess it was "poor scheduling" for Alabama's tournament in Austin, Texas being snowed out. Waiting for you to criticize Alabama for scheduling Alabama State since their Texas games were cancelled.

They're doing the best they can. Florida gets help being in the state of Florida and having multiple quality opponents within a couple of hours in Orlando and Tampa. That would be great here. So UT gets a whole weekend cancelled and they go out and get games any way they can, so they'll play two against Eastern Kentucky.

EKU returns everyone from a 22-2 season in 2020 and have won their last 18 games.

I certainly would like a blowout, but after finishing up my prep for tomorrow's broadcast, I'm expecting a couple of close games.
Don’t sleep on EKU, you said it with the returning players but an early game like this could pose problems on routine plays being errors and runs. It has the 5 vs 12 March Madness matchup feel

VN Store

Back