Softball Week 3 - USF Tournament

Way too many strikeouts with runners at third less than two outs. It appears young players are not taught to do whatever you can do to put it in play to get the run it. Situational hitting is a lost art.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is just unbelievable. This team is in big trouble and Rogers can’t save this. Defense is awful and offense which was supposed to be this years saving grace has disappeared. It’s looking like something is internally wrong with this team. I hope it can get sorted before SEC play begins.

Reactions: WizardofOz
lost 2 to a mediocre USF team --- embarrassing for the fans, even if the team isn't embarrassed

None the less if the games are played I will be there in Johnson City next weekend behind plate. Will not give up but it is time for coaches to earn their money and the players to work to improve.

Team is mostly freshmen and sophomores and it is showing not only in softball, but men's and women's basketball. All the teams are young and they are making mistakes like young players make. We'll improve as the season progresses and think we could be real solid for the SEC and post season.

we have to get our offense going like it was. we totally fell asleep on offense this weekend. i do feel once rogers gets back, this team will play better because she’s a strikeout pitcher and can get the team confidence.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Is our highly rated freshman class just over-hyped or is coaching staff just mismanaging. Maybe there is not enough veterans this year to mix with the freshman. I'm just at a loss on why this team has tanked already. Can't field, can't hit. That should not be a freshman problem but I'm no coach.

Reactions: WizardofOz

VN Store

Back