Softball Week 3 - USF Tournament

I didn't hear the interview, but I'm sure that Ralph was talking in general terms across the game now, because that is not what happened with Caylan.

She didn't hear from other coaches until after making it known, I assume via the transfer portal. Then she was contacted by several prominent coaches.
ok if you say so I guess but anyone can contact anyone without going public. Hope all is well for her!

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
I didn't hear the interview, but I'm sure that Ralph was talking in general terms across the game now, because that is not what happened with Caylan.

She didn't hear from other coaches until after making it known, I assume via the transfer portal. Then she was contacted by several prominent coaches.

I'm not going to go too deep into my on and off-record conversations with Ralph, but he wasn't talking about Florida State and Arnold at all. In fact, I don't believe he was talking about people contacting or coming after UT players at all. But the problem he's seeing in the game is coaches at some really good programs coming after the BEST player on teams either at the low level of Power 5 or in the group of five conferences. Tennessee doesn't do it, Alabama doesn't do it, but it's on the table for a lot of schools.

I personally hope that when the transfer rules are changed for all sports that the tampering rules and penalties are greatly strengthened. I think kids should be able to transfer one time without penalty. But I feel strongly that a kid needs to decide that his/her current school is no longer the best fit for them before they ever hear directly or indirectly from another coach. That's what the rules say now, but the penalties are so relatively minor that coaches will reach out to let kids know they would have a landing spot when they aren't even considering a transfer.

I'm not going to go too deep into my on and off-record conversations with Ralph, but he wasn't talking about Florida State and Arnold at all. In fact, I don't believe he was talking about people contacting or coming after UT players at all. But the problem he's seeing in the game is coaches at some really good programs coming after the BEST player on teams either at the low level of Power 5 or in the group of five conferences. Tennessee doesn't do it, Alabama doesn't do it, but it's on the table for a lot of schools.

I personally hope that when the transfer rules are changed for all sports that the tampering rules and penalties are greatly strengthened. I think kids should be able to transfer one time without penalty. But I feel strongly that a kid needs to decide that his/her current school is no longer the best fit for them before they ever hear directly or indirectly from another coach. That's what the rules say now, but the penalties are so relatively minor that coaches will reach out to let kids know they would have a landing spot when they aren't even considering a transfer.
I really don’t see the issue. If a girl is playing lights out in the SoCon or MAC and she wants an opportunity to play at the highest level with a chance to play in the WS then why get in her way. For a large majority of these ladies they’ll never play another inning after college, and if you’re not aware of the recruiting nightmare for softball players going unnoticed because of the travel team you’re on then just take my word for it.

A very embarrassing loss! UCF is a good team but not a super regional caliber team. UT is flawed defensively. The lack of recruiting and the developing of middle infielders is evident. Who’s hitting fungo at practice this year? I know everyone is waiting for Rogers to come back and save the team but the last thing you want to do is rush her back before she is healthy.

Running off Arnold is looking pretty costly right now.

Who do we start tomorrow against UCF? My biggest disappointment so far has been the overall defense. It has left our young and inexperience pitching in some holes which sometimes they have dug out of and sometimes dug deeper. I give the coaches credit for moving people to try and fix it. RF has cropped up as an issue now. Plug one hole and another opens. Hopefully everyone will settle in. Callie has the most potential to hold UCF down but Bender has the best chance of not letting the game get away from us early. Side note people would look at Milloy's stats and say she can't pitch. That was one not so great inning against Texas. She pitched great against Mexico, most didn't get to see it and it didn't count toward her stats. She has potential and has gotten outs against one of the best teams in world.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Sick of these no tv or streaming tournaments every season.

The only early season tournament that is televised is the ESPN Clearwater event that UT played in last year and will again next year. All of Tennessee's games in Arizona and Mexico were streamed by FloSoftball, which carries a hefty price, but it's there.

I think we have to be able score a lot of runs to beat them today. They have a very potent offense almost everyone hitting over .300 and a couple of .400. We may need to score ten today to win the game considering our pitching right now.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Willingham not any better two errors in two days. Another bad start can't make plays in the infield.

I don't know if fake or not but you can hear their dugout and they did that the whole game yesterday. We are not matching their energy at all.

Audio is out, we go three and out pretty quick 2 0 top of second. Brian may have had enough and when to breakfast!

Really not a fan of our lineup I like speed players like Parsons and Holcomb at the top and power hitters like Ayala, Seggern and Shipman in the 3,4,5 spots.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan

VN Store

Back