softball news

That's a big blow. That's pretty much like losing your all time home run hitter because she would have been if she stayed. I think we can still win it all but we'll need a couple girls to step it up and get a little more consistant pitching.

Then how about filling us in, instead of teasing us with your all empowering wisdom.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There must be something going on besides playing time. If she is leaving a program where she has already developed relationships and friendships, not to mention she get's to enjoy her final year in college, with a possibility of winning a championship, and becoming the schools all time home run hitter. If she is going to give up all that over what position she gets to play, that is the most all time selfish stunt I have ever seen an athlete do. I'm talking any level of any sport. This surely has nothing to do with Rave playing 3rd base when we go against a team with a great speed and short game. I just don't think it's humanly possible. I can see how a girl comes all the way from CA, get's frustrated after her fresh or soph year, get's homesick, and goes home. But this Spigner story just makes no sense to me.

There must be something going on besides playing time. If she is leaving a program where she has already developed relationships and friendships, not to mention she get's to enjoy her final year in college, with a possibility of winning a championship, and becoming the schools all time home run hitter. If she is going to give up all that over what position she gets to play, that is the most all time selfish stunt I have ever seen an athlete do. I'm talking any level of any sport. This surely has nothing to do with Rave playing 3rd base when we go against a team with a great speed and short game. I just don't think it's humanly possible. I can see how a girl comes all the way from CA, get's frustrated after her fresh or soph year, get's homesick, and goes home. But this Spigner story just makes no sense to me.

How can you and others on this thread run with that without knowing what happened w/ Spigner? It could have nothing at all to do with playing time. It might be something devastating that happened to her...maybe even more than once ... and she's leaving for a very good reason for her. I just wish we could give an athlete the benefit of the doubt if they leave. She was a great Lady Vol.

How can you and others on this thread run with that without knowing what happened w/ Spigner? It could have nothing at all to do with playing time. It might be something devastating that happened to her...maybe even more than once ... and she's leaving for a very good reason for her. I just wish we could give an athlete the benefit of the doubt if they leave. She was a great Lady Vol.

If you read my post more careful, I'm saying exactly what you are saying. There's no way it can be about playing time. That just wouldn't make sense. I hope whatever the problem is, she gets it straightened out. I do know she got suspended for a game this year, which is an indication that something personal is going on. I think that's what LadyVolfan was trying to hint to us. But obviously he or she don't want to post her entire business online. Which is understandable. I wish Jess the best, she provided me with a lot of great memories especially the winning HR which won us the SEC championship.

I know that my DD will miss Jess in Knoxville next year. She got to know Jess very well this past season, was her "road roommate" and stayed with Jess after the school ended in mid May. Jess was very instrumental in helping my freshman DD make the "necessary adjustments" needed. :ermm:

Maybe she's laying groundwork for life after college softball. She's familiar with the SoCal area and he mom's (Dyan) youth teams are tearing things up.

VN Store

Back