Softball lineup changes coming this week

popvol

Ralph was just on the sports animal with Brian Rice and EA. He said Willingham will be starting at SS this weekend. He also said they were going to start her last weekend but she got hit in the head by a thrown ball and missed the entire weekend. My question is, I wonder what the rest of the infield looks like this weekend. Does Seggern go back to 3rd or does she move over to 2nd since we have had so many issues at 2nd? Anyone have any insight or opinions?

I would think Seggern moves back to third she will be in thee somewhere and is better at third than anyone else on the roster. Second base is the huge problem and you wonder who will play there. Parsons has six errors but is the best hitter that can play there. Fox was really great in her small stint there don't know if she can hit enough needs more opportunities to find out. Hannon shouldn't ever play there again. I would probably keep Parsons there if on a short leash. We'll find out if Willingham can hit enough to stay in the lineup. She has a powerful arm think she will be great on defense.

Ralph was just on the sports animal with Brian Rice and EA. He said Willingham will be starting at SS this weekend. He also said they were going to start her last weekend but she got hit in the head by a thrown ball and missed the entire weekend. My question is, I wonder what the rest of the infield looks like this weekend. Does Seggern go back to 3rd or does she move over to 2nd since we have had so many issues at 2nd? Anyone have any insight or opinions?
I have harped all year for Jwill to start at short to see if she an handle it. Even last weekend as well, of course I did not know she was out after being evaluated . I see it this way myself for next week: Segg goes back to 3rd , Phillips is good enough to play second with the arm with Morgan at first. Holcomb left Milloy in center and Amanda in right. The experiment with Hannon has to be over and Parsons can DH . Fox very well may get second at some point but not this year I don't think. leave the lineup defensively alone for the whole weekend and lets take a look later. We have a lot of moving pieces and from what I understand MIlloy is the type of player and athlete who can play second if push comes to shove and Hannan or Parsons can go to center.

And don't forget some need base running drills. Although I understand some of the base running errors was due to 1st or 3 rd base coaches. Either way it needs to be cleaned up quickly.

Did he shed any light on Rogers’s progress or timeline?

VN Store

Back