Softball 3 game Series with LSU 4/15-4/17

CalifLadyVolFan

Game. 6-0. Ellen Renfroe pitches 3-hitter, K's a dozen. Madison Shipman with the Grand Slam. Shelby Burchell 2 RBI single. LSU's streak is ended at 11(?) games ....LV's streak continues.

Music for Madison Shipman's ears from the opposing coach. From the LSU site...LSU head coach Yvette Girouard on Shipman's grand slam: "Good Lord, that girl crushed it."

Lady Volunteers are on ESPN2. Lady Vols lead 1-0 in the middle of the 2nd; homer by Lauren Gibson.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Grandslam....Lauren GIbson!!! 6-0 Lady Vols

Opposite field homerun on a riseball!!!

edit: now 7-0....real classy bunch of corndogs in attendance at the game today. yelling, screaming cuss words, and being, well very corndog like today. They are being outscored 13-0 to the more talented lady Vols, as well as had their 11 game win streak snapped. Tuff life being a corndog these days.

Last edited:
Grandslam....Lauren GIbson!!! 6-0 Lady Vols

Opposite field homerun on a riseball!!!

edit: now 7-0....real classy bunch of corndogs in attendance at the game today. yelling, screaming cuss words, and being, well very corndog like today. They are being outscored 13-0 to the more talented lady
Vols, as well as had their 11 game win
streak snapped. Tuff life being a corndog
these days.

I love to beat lsu! Great to see Gibson have a big day! GLV!

LVs win, 11-0. Ivy Renfroe - 4 hit shutout. Lauren Gibson with two home runs, one a grand slam. Lauren 3 for 4, ***7*** RBI's. LV's 9th win in a row.

LSU must be shell-shocked after their sweep of bammer last weekend had them so confident.

You can follow my post but for the last 3 weeks Gibby (L. Gibson) has been killing the ball!!! I was a big baseball fan until I started watching this Team play, I love to see them go to UGA and not just break there 37 game winning streak but sweep them. Now all I heard was how LSU was the hottest team in the SEC and we just outscore them in the 1st 2 game 17-0!!! Ladies get the sweep tomorrow!!!

You can follow my post but for the last 3 weeks Gibby (L. Gibson) has been killing the ball!!! I was a big baseball fan until I started watching this Team play, I love to see them go to UGA and not just break there 37 game winning streak but sweep them. Now all I heard was how LSU was the hottest team in the SEC and we just outscore them in the 1st 2 game 17-0!!! Ladies get the sweep tomorrow!!!

I wish the Lady Vols own Athletics Dept. sites loved them as much as some of the other SEC teams' home sites do-for instance, Georgia. I can watch more highlights and other things on the LVs opponents sites and with better video, more features, and w/ more interest. UT athletics site online is terrible in just about every way. I watched games and highlights this year on visitors' sites because our own site is so lame (and LATE!). Wanna watch highlights of a LV's game on their own site? Well, they have two, TWO!....from last year's NCAA tourney. L.A.M.E.

Last edited:
Lady Vols sweep. Final game, 7-2. Ellen Renfroe 5-hitter, 1 earned run, 12 K's. M. Shipman and Ashley Andrews 2 RBIs each. Good for AA, she's been in a slump and came up with a big hit in the top of the seventh.

Great job ladies!!!! It is funny how the LSU fans acted got to love it!!!!

Great job ladies!!!! It is funny how the LSU fans acted got to love it!!!!

They are about as classy as a fart in church.

This might be the best Lady VoL team yet.

They are about as classy as a fart in church.

This is the best Lady VoL team yet.

FYP

Two consecutive #1 recruiting classes and one # 2 are paying their dividends :dance2:

Monica Abbott was the most dominate pitcher in softball but she didn't have the offense and defense top to bottom like this team. Go Lady Vols!

FYP

Two consecutive #1 recruiting classes and one # 2 are paying their dividends :dance2:

Monica Abbott was the most dominate pitcher in softball but she didn't have the offense and defense top to bottom like this team. Go Lady Vols!
No doubt, I have no doubt this years team will win it all, and next year, etc...

No doubt, I have no doubt this years team will win it all, and next year, etc...

Easy now. Let's not put too much pressure on them. I'm interested in seeing how these young ones play in the CWS if we are fortunate enough to get there. I'm thinking next year is our best shot, but I say let's go for it this year and every year!

Easy now. Let's not put too much pressure on them. I'm interested in seeing how these young ones play in the CWS if we are fortunate enough to get there. I'm thinking next year is our best shot, but I say let's go for it this year and every year!

I'm not, I don't even know any of them. Just me being a vocal supporter. I truly think they can.

VN Store

Back