Socialy Hunkered and Bored

Nocleats

Remember how it seemed like every year there were almost a couple, or more players who were "Dismissed For A Violation of Team Rules"?
We all knew that was almost always a failed drug test, (after multiple times) and the player got tossed and shamed.
Now players in the middle of the season, some with playing time, suddenly enter the transfer portal. They could easily do this after the season or even in the spring.
I wonder if some these mysterious transfer portal entries are just the way of helping a young college kid save face and seek a clean start without being exposed as a "Team Rules Violator"
Looks Better for the player, and the School..
Thoughts?

I’m sure in some cases you would be right. Maybe even more than we realize. We gotta remember we’re dealing with kids and they aren’t done making stupid mistakes in which to learn from that we (the non athlete) were afforded without the burden of public humiliation. However, if I had to guess, I’d say it’s 50/50. For every player that makes a bad decision there’s one player that isn’t granted the opportunity to make one good or bad. We can’t lose sight of the FACT that these athletes pick a college based on what they’re sold by their recruiter...... opportunity.

I checked this site once a day now. Bc, prolly wont matter. We may not even have football. My life is a changing. I listen to no sports talk because 104.5 afternoon crew are a bunch of anecdotal story tellers that never mention sports anyways and there are none now. At least Jared and GM dont try to act like social activists and coronavirus experts.

I checked this site once a day now. Bc, prolly wont matter. We may not even have football. My life is a changing. I listen to no sports talk because 104.5 afternoon crew are a bunch of anecdotal story tellers that never mention sports anyways and there are none now. At least Jared and GM dont try to act like social activists and coronavirus experts.

Agree on 104.5 in the afternoon. I don't need someone to read Twitter posts to me and tell me how Great and Awesome everything is.

I’m sure in some cases you would be right. Maybe even more than we realize. We gotta remember we’re dealing with kids and they aren’t done making stupid mistakes in which to learn from that we (the non athlete) were afforded without the burden of public humiliation. However, if I had to guess, I’d say it’s 50/50. For every player that makes a bad decision there’s one player that isn’t granted the opportunity to make one good or bad. We can’t lose sight of the FACT that these athletes pick a college based on what they’re sold by their recruiter...... opportunity.

Agree, I think the transfer portal has given coaches an easier, cleaner way to say Adios without all the mess

Agree on 104.5 in the afternoon. I don't need someone to read Twitter posts to me and tell me how Great and Awesome everything is.

Bingo, hey man how great is nashville? Man the city of Nashville, how great is it?

I'd rather listen to Jared say so many dumb things and the GM to just laugh at him. But it's all sports all the time with them. I'd rather have Plaster back that the 3 on 3 HL.

VN Store

Back