Social Security discussion (split)

Yeah and your generation is so smart that it blew a surplus and are now dependent on that generation to subsidize your retirement and now your healthcare

True story...if the younger generation is spoiled, your generation were the enablers.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he pissed in Skin's corn flakes.

I'm tired of the baby boomers calling younger generations lazy. It's BS when they had a SS surplus, blew it, and now want us to subsidize it along with their HC. Like the same wasn't said about their generation as the smoke of Woodstock rolled off the hills

I'm tired of the baby boomers calling younger generations lazy. It's BS when they had a SS surplus, blew it, and now want us to subsidize it along with their HC. Like the same wasn't said about their generation as the smoke of Woodstock rolled off the hills

There are many in the younger generation that are lazy. They think the world owes them a living. What group takes the largest chunk of welfare, food stamps, WIC, free phones, rental assistance etc?

I see many more younger people pulling out an EBT card than I do older people.

Where you in favor of Al Gore's plan of taking the social security fund and putting it in a lockbox or did you make fun of him for suggesting such a thing?

Gore has got rich off his global warming bs but one has to look back and realize he was correct concerning social security.

Instead of blaming the older generations for all our problems, the best answer is to figure a way to put these younger generations to work and stop them from sucking billions of dollars every year out of the government while they sit on their lazy azzes eating high on the hog, making their drug deals on their government phone from their free home then using their EBT cash to buy their drugs, cigarettes and alcohol while driving in a car without auto insurance. Never fear if they get sick. They do not have to worry about medical expenses, their Medicaid pays 100% of their medical bills.
Yep all our financial problems are us old farts fault, not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
There are many in the younger generation that are lazy. They think the world owes them a living. What group takes the largest chunk of welfare, food stamps, WIC, free phones, rental assistance etc?

Where you in favor of Al Gore's plan of taking the social security fund and putting it in a lockbox or did you make fun of him for suggesting such a thing?

Gore has got rich off his global warming bs but one has to look back and realize he was correct concerning social security.

Instead of blaming the older generations for all our problems, the best answer is to figure a way to put these younger generations to work and stop them from sucking billions of dollars every year out of the government while they sit on their lazy azzes eating high on the hog, making their drug deals on their government phone from their free home then using their EBT cash to buy their drugs, cigarettes and alcohol while driving in a car without auto insurance. Never fear if they get sick. They do not have to worry about medical expenses, their Medicaid pays 100% of their medical bills.

Younger generation has been voting for maybe 10 years?

Problems we face today? Look in the mirror. The older generation holds much of that responsibility.

The world is being run by people who formed their world view and egos in the 60's.

Reactions: 2 people

Problems we face today? Look in the mirror. The older generation holds much of that responsibility.

The world is being run by people who formed their world view and egos in the 60's.

:yes:

I'm pretty sure what you mean is those young people need to get to work so the checks for the older generations don't bounce. That's how the ponzi scheme works

Reactions: 8 people
I'm pretty sure what you mean is those young people need to get to work so the checks for the older generations don't bounce. That's how the ponzi scheme works

I try to explain to people why funding social security is a mathematical problem and get nowhere. Pictures do seem to do the trick though. The first pick shows that Social Security is 22% of federal spending. The second chart shows how the population is aging. The third is how that will impact costs. The bottom line is that the baby boomers are going to be a drag on their children and grandchildren until they die off.

5E3EC8EC85E6445E8DF8E738A0CDC786.ashx

Chart-1.gif

46640B4B4DA44561985B1B6C3291BB08.ashx

I try to explain to people why funding social security is a mathematical problem and get nowhere. Pictures do seem to do the trick though. The first pick shows that Social Security is 22% of federal spending. The second chart shows how the population is aging. The third is how that will impact costs. The bottom line is that the baby boomers are going to be a drag on their children and grandchildren until they die off.

5E3EC8EC85E6445E8DF8E738A0CDC786.ashx

Chart-1.gif

46640B4B4DA44561985B1B6C3291BB08.ashx

This seems like a great argument for putting my in laws down.

Yeah and your generation is so smart that it blew a surplus and are now dependent on that generation to subsidize your retirement and now your healthcare

Yah. And statistics say you're still living in that generation's basement or bedroom til your 28 or 30. Don't type too loudly. Dad may kick you out.

Reactions: 3 people
TL; DR.

Your generation straight blew it

My generation blew it? The younger generations are sucking billions of dollars per year in benefits because they are too darn lazy to work..

There are some good young hard working people, then there are many, many bums.

The older generation does hold a large part of the responsibility for creating a system that the younger spoiled brats can sit on their azz while most of us older people are still working and keeping up their lifestyle.

Wrong. The younger generation needs take some responsibility and support themselves. I get sick going to the grocery stores and seeing these young people who appear to be in good health checking out with a buggy load of groceries and a couple of cases of beer and paying with their EBT cards. I still work and pay my taxes. Why do these young healthy people think they are too good to work? Get them off the tit and the government can save billions per year. That is a FACT

Reactions: 4 people
There are some good young hard working people, then there are many, many bums.

The older generation does hold a large part of the responsibility for creating a system that the younger spoiled brats can sit on their azz while most of us older people are still working and keeping up their lifestyle.

Wrong. The younger generation needs take some responsibility and support themselves. I get sick going to the grocery stores and seeing these young people who appear to be in good health checking out with a buggy load of groceries and a couple of cases of beer and paying with their EBT cards. I still work and pay my taxes. Why do these young healthy people think they are too good to work? Get them off the tit and the government can save billions per year. That is a FACT

You're funny. Have fun shouting down those crazies who are trying to rein in the nanny state. Meanwhile, I'll work an few extra hours to pay for your wife's Obamacare.

It's also a fact that if we got away from being forced to provide for those 2 generations ahead we could save money. Eventually the scheme runs out of money since everyone wants what's "owed" to them and isn't willing to stick it up for the betterment of society

It's also a fact that if we got away from being forced to provide for those 2 generations ahead we could save money. Eventually the scheme runs out of money since everyone wants what's "owed" to them and isn't willing to stick it up for the betterment of society

I'm in the 40-50 age bracket. Social Sec was forced on me too, by the way. I didn't plan it, sign off on it, or enforce it. It's something a few generations before this latest one has had to deal with.

And while I was dealing with it, I didn't live with my parents until 27-31 yrs of age while piss-talking them and their entire generation.

Adult Kids At Home: How Long Is Too Long?

Edit: My generation supported them with the assurances we'd be repaid. We saved money while we did it. I too own two homes. I supported my obligations and worked more than *****ing and moaning.

VN Store

Back