Social Distancing at College Football games

This drug has been around since the 40's. It has an excellent record of safety. I don't give a damn whose drug it is, if it works, and will get us back to living; use it. You are the one with Agenda. Mine is to make the sick well with no Politics. Yours is They Might have side effects in two years. We would be about done with this Virus. It matters not how many Doctors I quote on here (Names and opinions & results) you guys will NOT even do a search. Tell me who is off the rails.

N95 Masks can be used over and over. Spray them with Peroxide and allow to dry . I do it every day. MIST Spray. And yes the straps can be mended/replaced.

I'd guess if Trumps magic potion drug worked, folks would be on it pretty hard...no one cares about politics if it works. Trump has distanced himself last few days because of report not yielding the results he touted...shocking"
More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

This drug has been around since the 40's. It has an excellent record of safety. I don't give a damn whose drug it is, if it works, and will get us back to living; use it. You are the one with Agenda. Mine is to make the sick well with no Politics. Yours is They Might have side effects in two years. We would be about done with this Virus. It matters not how many Doctors I quote on here (Names and opinions & results) you guys will NOT even do a search. Tell me who is off the rails.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...26c4ce-84bc-11ea-ae26-989cfce1c7c7_story.html

Fox News Stars Trumpeted a Malaria Drug, Until They Didn’t

I guess the point some of you are making is that there is a lot of unknowns about this virus and just how close we are to a cure. Personally, I hope that a cure if not here already here is just around the corner. A lot of people have been hurt and economies wrecked by this thing and we can’t afford to hide in our homes for much longer. The job losses worldwide are catastrophic.

Ok, thanks chief. Insert thumbs up that is meant to be sarcastic gif.
Sorry, but I hate biased media outlets on both sides of the political spectrum- right and left. They spend way too much time pointing fingers at one another just for the joy of it. Reminds me of Jerry Springer. We should be better than that as citizens in the United States. This is a time for us to pull together, not rip each other apart. That applies to our government leaders, media and us.

Last edited:
There is no reason not to have College Football On Time. We have Treatments, It is NOT Nearly as Deadly as advertised; and if everyone gets tested and uses common sense (don't go to a game If you are SICK) We are looking at the same impact as the regular flu. WE have done out part (quarantined) and if the Medical Community will stop the "Side Effects" narrative of Plaquinal (Malaria drug that I have taken, and know someone who has taken it for 20 years with NO Issues) Any New Cases can be handled----Treated Early. Let's get on with Living. The Vaccine Pushers want us to remain locked down in Fear; that's why they Inflated the Numbers. Just Treat the Sick, and get this Country Open! And CHINA can go to hell!
As a front line worker and as a pharmacist I disagree with this. Should we lock ourselves in closets and not live the one life we’re given? No. But let’s be smart about this. And as for treatments remdesivir the new drug showed no benefit and as for plaquenil + azithromycin is in trials after it was hailed the cure. There is no data to show this so far and as for the study being done in NY with this combo. It’s a mixed bag and is likely to show no benefit as well. Most hospitals like mine are running low on these meds. But I agree let’s keep our distance, enjoy some ball and have some common sense!

Trials mean they are checking for safety brother. Those people taking it will get to find our what it could do to you. Like 2 years from now they have some form of cancer or it damages liver. So, what else ya got. Your buddy taking it for 20 years, is not everyone. It takes time to run trials, but also early indication and reports that some of the malaria drugs are doing nothing for it. It was all Trump and fox news saying it worked. Turns out those scientist you referred too, say in their clinical trials that the drugs are really not that beneficial. So maga right?
Do you really think the survivors of COVID-19 who experienced a drastic turnaround after taking the drug really give a flip about what your scientists are saying. The Democratic legislature in Michigan is being censured by her own party for saying it saved her life. Would the drug be on the market for 50 years if it wasn’t safe? Your bias is quite evident.

As a front line worker and as a pharmacist I disagree with this. Should we lock ourselves in closets and not live the one life we’re given? No. But let’s be smart about this. And as for treatments remdesivir the new drug showed no benefit and as for plaquenil + azithromycin is in trials after it was hailed the cure. There is no data to show this so far and as for the study being done in NY with this combo. It’s a mixed bag and is likely to show no benefit as well. Most hospitals like mine are running low on these meds. But I agree let’s keep our distance, enjoy some ball and have some common sense!

Thanks for your professional POV. I am hopeful that a few in this thread will heed your warnings.

Reactions: Rockytopvol86
Do you really think the survivors of COVID-19 who experienced a drastic turnaround after taking the drug really give a flip about what your scientists are saying. The Democratic legislature in Michigan is being censured by her own party for saying it saved her life. Would the drug be on the market for 50 years if it wasn’t safe? Your bias is quite evident.

Being used differently for different reasons. Results say it doesn't work. I think you just are bored so you are stirring pot. I'm done. A drug that doesnt work. People got better because they are throwing things against the wall and they dont know what is sticking bc they are throwing so much at one time. Research at this time says, not working. Maybe in the future they will have something. You tell your buddy glad he's ok. Could care less bc I don't know him. Bottom line, you do what you're told and social distance like a good boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Tiger
First sentence of the second paragraph from the article you posted says it all.
Yes, but 368 people is about 10X more than the number of people in the original test that Trump used for his elixir platform. We all want a solution, and I'd be the first to say I'm wrong, if it works.
images

Yes, but 368 people is about 10X more than the number of people in the original test that Trump used for his elixir platform. We all want a solution, and I'd be the first to say I'm wrong, if it works.

I really hope you were just trying to be good natured funny with the photo. I rarely agreed with decisions the Obama administration made, but putting comical effigies of his likeness were out of bounds. Sadly, a lot of President Obama's critics and opponents did not agree with how I feel. We are likely faced with the greatest challenge this nation has faced since the Depression and WWII, and we are still pointing fingers at each other. Really too bad.

When it comes to the treatments out there and the drugs used ALL of us. lay and professionals alike, need to pay attention to how what is being printed/said is parsed. For example, drug XYZ has been touted as being effective, but a blind study may reveal it was not effective at all. Then you find out later when it is combined as a cocktail with other specific drugs never mentioned previously it very well may be promising but alone as tested it was a complete flop. So many people IMO have politicized the disease that treating it gets lost as people line up pro and con and parse details as if they are trial lawyers.

Reactions: Wireless1
Notice how not ANY politicians of note worldwide has expired from the Wuhan virus? Wouldn't you think ONE high ranking official would have croaked buy this time?

Bah Bah Bah.

I really feel sorry for the Ignorance. I'm not offended, just disappointed in people. Words are just that. When you can't offer a viable statement, an attack is always the strategy.

No Buddy, you people are the ones on something. When you have nothing to say, shoot the messenger. Typical .
Donald? Got bored on Twitter?

Reactions: clarencepeabody
I really hope you were just trying to be good natured funny with the photo. I rarely agreed with decisions the Obama administration made, but putting comical effigies of his likeness were out of bounds. Sadly, a lot of President Obama's critics and opponents did not agree with how I feel. We are likely faced with the greatest challenge this nation has faced since the Depression and WWII, and we are still pointing fingers at each other. Really too bad.

Volroger...I may have come off wrong...Trump's done alot of good things which I agree with...just wish he'd let the doctors/scientists drive the conversation on cures. For that matter, I think he'd be better served on his pressers to talk for 10-15 min, take a couple of questions and get off the stage.

Believe me, I want CFB as much as anyone, but can't imagine that college sports players are treated unlike the working world. The company I work for has manufacturing plants all over the SE, and we've had varying ranges of plant closures...all having to do with the degree of contact tracing where the person worked. For example, one plant had a one day shut down and reopen next day after the cleaning because the one person who had Covid worked in a semi isolated area. Another plant got completely closed down for over a week, because the person who had it was a supervisor and was all over the plant in contact with many people. The second example is why I'm struggling to understand how there will be a CFB season...literally one player gets it, and the whole team is exposed. And if a team is exposed, then what's the case for lining up against the next week's team?
If you can't put 11 players on the field that have tested negative you'll have to forfeit,imho.

Volroger...I may have come off wrong...Trump's done alot of good things which I agree with...just wish he'd let the doctors/scientists drive the conversation on cures. For that matter, I think he'd be better served on his pressers to talk for 10-15 min, take a couple of questions and get off the stage.
Honestly I think Trump has tried to latch onto anything he’s heard from doctors or scientists that sounded promising. I think he’s done a lot right before this pandemic and gotten undeserved criticism. I also think he has made mistakes but I think anyone would have missteps in his position. Hell Democrats and the media were critical of travel bans from Europe and China when he did them.

It’s a little frustrating seeing the media and politicians trying to play politics instead of trying to work together to end this pandemic or at least reduce the impact of it

Reactions: njvols
University of Tennessee Medical Center vs Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Interesting matchup, who you got?

I want to be at the game as much as anyone but to me here is what needs to happen.
1) No Fans in the stadium, we all watch on TV
2) Every player from both teams (if they traveled or dressed out) have to be tested for Covid on Friday before the game.
3) The test has to be given by someone other than the team as we know there are those who will cheat (for their best players)
4) Positive test, you are out for at least two games no questions asked and you must be tested each week before you can be cleared.
5) All testing includes the coaching/support staff.
6) Each home game week we all have to send in $26 for the (2) beers we would have purchased at the stadium to help support the schools deal with the loss of income from the empty stadiums.

feel free to add your own stipulations.
If I can go to Walmart and Lowes, why can't I go to a game?

VN Store

Back