Social Distancing at College Football games

COVID killed more people in a day this week than the flu did in all of 2019, but carry on with your chicken little pics

... what? Factoring out the one day last week when NYC lumped in nearly 4,000 "probable" deaths (as opposed to divvying them out over something sensible like, I don't know, a full month), there hasn't been a single day topping 3,000 deaths in the United States. How many people do you think died of the flu last year, exactly?

I can figure it out. The payments from TV are significant and better than nothing. Sell reserved seating that is social distancing and pay to use the bathroom for disinfecting. Use cellphone to order concessions delivered to you seats. Make all seats a distanced box. Require spacing in and out of the stadium. Think Walmart on steroids.

Alot of factual information here...who needs doctors or scientists who's life's work is spent keeping people healthy, when all the answers are on VN.
Yes, China can go to hell.

Dr Stephen Smith. Google Him. He is currently treating Cov19 patients with Hydroxychlorine ; with "Excellent Results". "The Safest Drug Profile I've Seen" "It works, especially treated early". NOW explain to me why there is so much resistance to a drug that is curing the Scourge that is keeping us locked down? As In You? Politics, pure and simple. That's DESPICABLE. Another Dr. using Hydroxy; Dr. Jeff Colyer. No Side Effects! The LEFT is selling you a load of Political BS. And you are buying all of it. Fouci is part of Bill Gates Circle of Vaccine Proponents; since Gates is Financing Vaccine Research. So, Fauci is COMPROMISED Too. Mandatory Vaccines are their objective. Control the Population. Hence Fauci----"There is no cure." Hell yes there is, You just don't want it to interfere with your agenda. Mandatory Vaccines and ID Chips to verify and track. If you come back with more BS I will have plenty more Truth to lay on you.

There is no reason not to have College Football On Time. We have Treatments, It is NOT Nearly as Deadly as advertised; and if everyone gets tested and uses common sense (don't go to a game If you are SICK) We are looking at the same impact as the regular flu. WE have done out part (quarantined) and if the Medical Community will stop the "Side Effects" narrative of Plaquinal (Malaria drug that I have taken, and know someone who has taken it for 20 years with NO Issues) Any New Cases can be handled----Treated Early. Let's get on with Living. The Vaccine Pushers want us to remain locked down in Fear; that's why they Inflated the Numbers. Just Treat the Sick, and get this Country Open! And CHINA can go to hell!
You taking hydroxychloroquine for RA or Lupus or whatever you take it for is not the same as a patient takining it in the ICU with COVID with respiratory failure / ARDS and in DIC or cytokine storm from an out of control immune response to the virus. We are seeing higher rates of ventricular arrhythmia and QTc prolongation with this virus. Why we are seeing that is still an area research. But, maybe not unpredictably, taking a QTc prolonging drug may not be a great idea in this setting (looking at you too Azithromycin). If millions of people take an NSAID every year for headaches with no side effects does that mean people with chronic kidney disease or peptic ulcer disease should take it too? Or does context matter? So when you say “what’s the harm?” Well, the circumstances are much different and the harm can be death...
Maybe ... I don’t know... wait for definitive evidence before you go spouting off and hanging your hat on a “miracle drug”... which by the way we ve had a lot of radio silence about recently.. I wonder why?

To have a college Football season considering the current situation is the same will be very difficult. Consider the traveling, the amount people it takes to have a (outside players and coaches), and also we're not talking about just one school. So getting all schools to be on the same page will be a miracle. My other concern is what if a player or coach contracts the virus. I'm hopeful but also being realistic.

We can limit the seats occupied, form ticket entry lines 6' distant from one another, drop concession sales...then just tell me, please, when 35,000 ladies need to pee...the lines will be out the tunnels, into the stands and, oh gosh, so much for social distancing. Beer-drunks will piss in any dark corner they can find, the women, well, will riot.

Wouldn’t it suck if they said no fans at games but the games will be played. How weird would a UF-UT game be, for example, if played with nobody in the stands screaming their heads off? Or a Florida-Georgia game. That would be the weirdest scene ever.

OK Argue with the FDA, which just approved Plaquinal for Clinical Trials ;and I doubt they would approve such a "Dangerous Drug" LMAO. I though the FDA was YOUR Reliable source? You can't have it both ways.
Trials mean they are checking for safety brother. Those people taking it will get to find our what it could do to you. Like 2 years from now they have some form of cancer or it damages liver. So, what else ya got. Your buddy taking it for 20 years, is not everyone. It takes time to run trials, but also early indication and reports that some of the malaria drugs are doing nothing for it. It was all Trump and fox news saying it worked. Turns out those scientist you referred too, say in their clinical trials that the drugs are really not that beneficial. So maga right?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Wouldn’t it suck if they said no fans at games but the games will be played. How weird would a UF-UT game be, for example, if played with nobody in the stands screaming their heads off? Or a Florida-Georgia game. That would be the weirdest scene ever.
I’d watch for sure. It would sure beat the alternative of no football at all

Oh Really? Why then is it the Drug of Choice in OVER 30 Countries? Huh? Riddle me that einstein.
It may be drug of choice, but if it were working, I don't think anyone would feel bad about eating crow on being wrong about the drug, and you'd for sure know about it on all the news channels...not just the ones who take everything Trump says as gospel.

You taking hydroxychloroquine for RA or Lupus or whatever you take it for is not the same as a patient takining it in the ICU with COVID with respiratory failure / ARDS and in DIC or cytokine storm from an out of control immune response to the virus. We are seeing higher rates of ventricular arrhythmia and QTc prolongation with this virus. Why we are seeing that is still an area research. But, maybe not unpredictably, taking a QTc prolonging drug may not be a great idea in this setting (looking at you too Azithromycin). If millions of people take an NSAID every year for headaches with no side effects does that mean people with chronic kidney disease or peptic ulcer disease should take it too? Or does context matter? So when you say “what’s the harm?” Well, the circumstances are much different and the harm can be death...
Maybe ... I don’t know... wait for definitive evidence before you go spouting off and hanging your hat on a “miracle drug”... which by the way we ve had a lot of radio silence about recently.. I wonder why?

This Retort shows just what you DON'T Know. The dosage for Lupus & RA Patients is FIVE Times the amount being Administered to Cov19 Patients. And STILL it is Safe enough for those Patients to remain on it LONG TERM. The key to success with any Meds is early Intervention; Obviously if you wait until the Patient is already compromised you will face more serious challenges. The Side Effects Of Corona include DEATH. Of course the Media is silent on the success of Hydroxy; It is totally Political. Me thinketh thou doth protest too much. Like the Democrats.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
This is a really touchy subject for u, huh?

You Betcha. When people are DYING needlessly because of Politics; and WE Are Locked Down Because of Politics, (a cure eliminates the fear that is driving this) Hell yes I'm up in arms. And so should every American be. I'm totally aware that Chinese agents have infiltrated social media and are sowing Propaganda ; too. That's documented; but not on the Communist News network.

This Retort shows just what you DON'T Know. The dosage for Lupus & RA Patients is FIVE Times the amount being Administered to Cov19 Patients. And STILL it is Safe enough for those Patients to remain on it LONG TERM. The key to success with any Meds is early Intervention; Obviously if you wait until the Patient is already compromised you will face more serious challenges. The Side Effects Of Corona include DEATH. Of course the Media is silent on the success of Hydroxy; It is totally Political. Me thinketh thou doth protest too much. Like the Democrats.
Try reading a medical journal and get back to me on any randomized controlled trial that shows efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine for COVID patients. The enthusiasm for this drug was based on a tiny flawed study with no controls. Put down the Alex Jones podcasts ... science and medical evidence is not a political issue

COVID killed more people in a day this week than the flu did in all of 2019, but carry on with your chicken little pics
So we need to look at why those numbers are so high and how they are reporting deaths.
IDPH Director explains how Covid deaths are classified
"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined

Reactions: onevol74
So we need to look at why those numbers are so high and how they are reporting deaths.
IDPH Director explains how Covid deaths are classified
"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined
There's another word for incorrectly classifying - it's called lying. I think anyone accepting without question everything the media is telling us about this disease really should take a long, hard look at this one detail, because it says a lot, and there's no way to explain it away or justify it.

I think it is abundantly clear that testing is inadequate at this time. We can argue along party lines if there is someone to blame, but we all know we need more testing - plain and simple. I suspect that if everyone in the US could be tested all at once, we would all be shocked at how many of us have had the virus but had no idea.

This virus is different than the flu in that the flu has human origins - COVID-19 has animal origins. Many of us have natural immunity to the flu, which helps to prevent the spread. We have no natural immunity to this virus, and because it infects certain people without showing any symptoms, many people will be transmitters of the virus without any knowledge. Certain drugs have shown some indications that they may help, but as of now there is no magic bullet, and there likely won't be a vaccine for many months.

I can only speak for myself, and just for argument's sake, if there were no change in the infection and death rate between now and August and they decided to proceed with the season, I probably would not go to Neyland for a game. In reality though, I hope and expect both the infection rate and death rate to go down. If that happens and the students go back to school and things are back to some semblance of normality, I would go with no issues. To be honest, I am not all freaked out about it. I do think it is serious, and I think we should all try to be smart and things will get better. I think to treat this as some kind of a conspiracy just doesn't seem realistic. A social inconvenience and economic tragedy, yes but a conspiracy, no.

With all that said, I have renewed my season tickets and I REALLY hope that the season does happen. But being honest once again, I have my doubts.

Alot of factual information here...who needs doctors or scientists who's life's work is spent keeping people healthy, when all the answers are on VN.
Yes, China can go to hell.
There are also a lot of doctors that are not "Chicken Little" and going about their business. They are taking a wait and see approach while being "careful." I've had one doctor share that he's planning to fly to Arizona in July, and attend every football game this fall, with a mask in his pocket if someone around him doesn't look right. He does think we'll be "temperature monitored" for a while for some large events. He's not blasting his opinion to the world so that if the data changes he doesn't have to back up.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
You Betcha. When people are DYING needlessly because of Politics; and WE Are Locked Down Because of Politics, (a cure eliminates the fear that is driving this) Hell yes I'm up in arms. And so should every American be. I'm totally aware that Chinese agents have infiltrated social media and are sowing Propaganda ; too. That's documented; but not on the Communist News network.
tinfoil hat not working?

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back