Soccer Vols take on LSU in the SEC tournament

StrangeVol

Our first round game is on Tuesday @ 1:00 which is precisely the time I have to see my doctor for a checkup, darn it!

Meanwhile, FIVE Lady Vols make the All-SEC team! This is the second year in a row for the postseason honor. In addition, Bunny Shaw was tabbed as Offensive Player of the Year, which really isn't much of a surprise if you've ever watched her in action. First team selections included Bunny, Katie Cousins and Maya Neal with Erin Gilroy and MA Vignola selected for second-team honors. See www.utsports.com one the Soccer page for the full story.

Last edited:
While waiting for the match to start, I was looking at the latest rankings and was disappointed to see the United Soccer Coaches (the ranking shown on the NCAA rankings page) still have us ranked 12th, the same as the week before. I checked three other soccer rankings sites and found that two of them have us ranked 8th and one has us at 9th. I wonder why the United Soccer Coaches aren't showing us much love and all the others are? A little irritating and it matters because it will probably affect our seeding in the NCAAs. Of course, if we were to win the SEC tournament then that wouldn't be a concern, so I vote that we just go ahead and win the darn thing. :)

Anna should have done better on that header.

LSU seemed a lot more energized than we did. I think we're fortunate to be in a nil to nil tie at this point. I was pleased to see Vignola coming forward frequently...she is very good on the attack. I can easily see her as a midfielder or perhaps a wing next year. We also seem to be letting LSU have too much space to operate in on their attacks...I'd like to see our midfielders drop back and fill in some of those open spaces. Oh well, new match after a breather.

Reactions: RollerVol and MAD
Phew...

giphy.gif

Bunny Shaw...you can't stop her...you can only hope to contain her...:)

Thank God for Bunny...she has saved our butts again against a side that has been superior to ours throughout the entire match.

I think we'll have a small advantage in the OT period as we have greater depth and are more rested...LSU on the other hand just seems to be the better side...and all credit to them!

Reactions: MAD
Man...we just look exhausted...Vignola makes a great attacking run and NOBODY ran into the box to accept a crossing feed our chase a rebound. Really not what I expect to see...

Maybe we can pull this out in OT #2. Maybe.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back