Soccer Vols gear up to skin the Gators!

StrangeVol

Thursday at 7:00 at Regal Soccer Stadium our girls will get it on with the Lady Gators. Florida is 6-1 in the SEC and 10-5 overall so they are at least a pretty good team, but they are not the juggernaut that they often have been in the past. We are 2-4-1 in conference and 8-5-2 overall so based on records it looks like Florida's match to lose. Hang on though the deciding factor could well be that we are 7-1 at home so once again if we can muster some offense we have a shot to climb into the top ten and begin making travel plans for Orange Beach and the SEC tournament. At present we are tied with MSU for 10th place in the SEC. Lose to Florida and our hopes for the tournament are pretty much done for this year, which would be a huge drop from last season.

So, if you've got no plans for Thursday evening and live in reasonable proximity to Knoxville, get on our to RSS and support our girls. Even though we've struggled this year our girls and our seniors, in particular, deserve our support. Get out to the match if you can!!! and bring some friends with you! :)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!

P.S. The match will be available to view on SECNetwork. :)

Last edited:
Don't forget our soccer match tonight. It's gonna be a great evening so get out and enjoy a soccer match on a beautiful Fall evening.

I really want to see our team come out aggressive and take the fight to the gators. Sitting back on our heels gives us no chance to win, and we NEED the points from a win in a bit way! :)

LOVED that first half!!! We were aggressive and played with confidence...took the fight to the gators and had them on their heels most of the half. Everybody playing well, really great to see Katie getting forward more...she is a wizard with the ball...and MS is kicking ass and taking names. It's how we should be playing for a change!

Score is still 0-0 and we are very much in this match!!!

LOVED that first half!!! We were aggressive and played with confidence...took the fight to the gators and had them on their heels most of the half. Everybody playing well, really great to see Katie getting forward more...she is a wizard with the ball...and MS is kicking ass and taking names. It's how we should be playing for a change!

Score is still 0-0 and we are very much in this match!!!
No doubt about it and the follow up to last game with another strong half looks like a different team. Announcers think the Gators were a little soft and lax!! Gator former player the analyst on the call. Proud of the ladies so far!

Victory dance
tenor.gif

Way to go Soccer Vols!

Seniors were great. Goalie was great. Very few "what was that moments". Never seen someone get a call and turn around and start F bombing the umpire. The lack of class seems to start with the Florida head coach although we did gator chop them after the goal :).

Right now we are up to 7th place...but that will change as there are at least 5 matches still underway. But we are no doubt in a better position (and as a bonus Florida is in a worse position) than we were. :)

10:30 update: One match not finished, we're still in 7th place and I think we'll stick there. :) Got a little breathing room for a bit.

Last edited:
Seniors were great. Goalie was great. Very few "what was that moments". Never seen someone get a call and turn around and start F bombing the umpire. The lack of class seems to start with the Florida head coach although we did gator chop them after the goal :).
I think being an ******* is one of the requirements for coaching anything at the Gators!!!

Fun to watch. Could have easily had two more goals....better for my, and others, health. Was the passing and spacing much better than I remember?

Much better...our passing was unlike anything I've seen this season...and a lot of that came from much better spacing and being aggressive with the ball, imo.

glad to see the ladies come together and get a huge must-win...a little more cushion, but not out of the woods yet...Romig was awesome...

GO LADY VOLS!

There are so many reasons to just love Romig, and she's a really good goalkeeper, too. ;)

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back