Soccer Showdown at College Station

StrangeVol

The Lady Vols travel to Texas for a showdown with the Lady Aggies on Sunday at 5:00 pm, with coverage on the SEC Network. This match is one of the top matches of the weekend and promises to be a tight, hard fought meeting. Texas A & M is ranked 4th nationally with the Lady Vols standing 16th. On the surface, you would think that A&M would be a considerable favorite, but Top Drawer Soccer projects the match as a 2-2 draw.

Honestly, I don't see this match as a draw but if it were to be, I'd bet on 1-1, as both defenses are very strong. On the other hand, with Bunny Shaw back and somewhat rested and Ally Watt, A&Ms high scoring forward in the match literally, anything could happen.

This should be a fun one to watch!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dog
Weather looks great, clear skies and temps in the 60s at game time...should be a lot of fun .

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Reactions: The Dog
The little Wifey changed our Direct Tv account to just an "Entertainment bundle" instead of the ultimate bundle yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stations that we never watched. But, she also got rid of the SEC network... :( Damn!

The little Wifey changed our Direct Tv account to just an "Entertainment bundle" instead of the ultimate bundle yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stations that we never watched. But, she also got rid of the SEC network... :( Damn!

Interesting first half...no scoring...A&M never got close and we only put a quality shot on goal once. Both teams now handicappecd without key players. A&M without SEC leading scorer Ally Watt and we lost Erin Gilroy, mid way thought the first half, in what looked like a serious knee injury. On to the second half.

This would be a huge win. Outside of two head scratching losses for A&M in conference they have been one of the more impressive teams in the nation this year. Especially with their 4-0 win against Santa Clara.

100% Agree

Wow! What a match! Tough physical soccer for 75 minutes and then the wheels came off for the Aggies with the Lady Vols scoring 4 goals in 5 minutes. Who saw that coming? I sure didn't. I figured this would be nip and tuck and we'd be very fortunate to get a result against the #5 ranked side in the country. I bet we move up a bit in the rankings come Monday.

Also, I bet those good folks in Aggie land are pretty darn sick of Volunteer Orange, as both our Volleyball and soccer teams went to College Station (not the loveliest village on the plains) and cleaned their clocks for 'em. :) :) :)

Props to Danielle Marcano who tallied two goals, Bunny with one and Anna Bialczak adding one more. Shea Yanez had 6 saves for her afternoon's work. Heck of a win and moves us into a 3rd place tie in the SEC standings with Arkansas and South Carolina.

Now back home to close our the regular season against MIzzou on Thursday at 7:00 pm.

Last edited:
First win against a top 5 program on the road in program history! Big time game and big time win for a soccer program that has really elevated into a legitimate top 15 program in the last two years. Recruiting has picked up as well as we got a commitment from the #30 player in the 2019 class yesterday with Jaida Thomas to give Tennessee its second top 100 recruit in the class. Hadley Cytron being the other.

VN Store

Back