So... without McClain?

Bassmanbruno

Since we apparently aren't recruiting him as hard anymore after watching him at a few events are we going after a JUCO? For this team to be complete next year we really need another big man.

I know we are probably getting some good big men next year in recruiting but seems like to make a run at the SEC championship next year we need someone this year as well. I guess my question is, do we know of any certain JUCOs out there that CBP is recruiting and have any info on? We could always save the scholarship but that'll be 3 years in a row that Bruce is left with a small team.

Since we apparently aren't recruiting him as hard anymore after watching him at a few events are we going after a JUCO? For this team to be complete next year we really need another big man.

I know we are probably getting some good big men next year in recruiting but seems like to make a run at the SEC championship next year we need someone this year as well. I guess my question is, do we know of any certain JUCOs out there that CBP is recruiting and have any info on? We could always save the scholarship but that'll be 3 years in a row that Bruce is left with a small team.

McClain wasn't the only big man on our list.

Jurick is 6'10"
Baciu is 7'1"
McMastersis 6'10"

Also, Chris Singleton and Anthony Jones are 6'9", and the guy I would love to have, who we won't pursue much, is Bawa Maniru, a 6'9" 230 (230!) center.

EDIT: Doh! I just realized you were talking of an immediate impact in 2007-2008, while the guys I listed are 2008-2009 freshmen. My bad.

Yeah, you got it, I mean this year.. I know Pearl has talked about signing a JUCO this spring but I didn't know if anyone knew any of the JUCOs he was talking to or if they had any info on them (height, weight, etc)

I heard a rumor from a sports writer that CBP sealed the deal recently, I guess it helped getting all the attention from making the sweet 16, with a JUCO big guy or an already commited to another school big guy. Could be true :eek:. If it does happen to be true, it would be so sweet if we could steal Hixson back haha.

I heard a rumor from a sports writer that CBP sealed the deal recently, I guess it helped getting all the attention from making the sweet 16, with a JUCO big guy or an already commited to another school big guy. Could be true :eek:. If it does happen to be true, it would be so sweet if we could steal Hixson back haha.

If you are talking about JJ Hickson, Scout has him already signing the LOI to NC State. No way we get him. I think Pearl will land a big time recruit this year. When is the signing deadline?

If you are talking about JJ Hickson, Scout has him already signing the LOI to NC State. No way we get him. I think Pearl will land a big time recruit this year. When is the signing deadline?

No idea... but all I know is they said it was either a JUCO or we are stealing an already commited to another school big man if it's true. I kinda hope its not that small forward from the link above.. we really need a true center badly.

If Lowe was to leave NCSU for say the NBA, the NCAA would let Hickson out of his LOI if desired. I don't think Lowe is leaving though.

There aren't any true centers we are recruiting right now. McClain and Alexander are the only two on our board and neither will do a whole lot for us inside next year.

If Lowe was to leave NCSU for say the NBA, the NCAA would let Hickson out of his LOI if desired. I don't think Lowe is leaving though.

There aren't any true centers we are recruiting right now. McClain and Alexander are the only two on our board and neither will do a whole lot for us inside next year.

Well Pearl could be keeping quiet about it if we are recruiting a big man thats already a verbal to another school... so someone could make a switch after the tournament or whenever signing day is.

Whether UT lands another big man or not, I still like our chances to make a Final Four run next season. As long as this year's freshmen improve and don't go into a "sophomore slump".

Possible Starting Lineup
PG- Ramar Smith, So.
SG- Chris Lofton, Sr.
SF- JaJaun Smith, Sr.
PF- Duke Crews, So.
C- Wayne Chism, So.

Key Reserves
PG- Jordan Howell, Sr.
SG- Josh Tabb, So.
SF- Cameron Tatum, Fr.
PF/C- Ryan Childress, Jr.
G- J.P. Prince, So. (January)

The Crews/ Chism/ Childress rotation would be effective. If Brian Williams is better than expected, he could maybe contribute. A big man may help, but I don't think it's a huge deal. Next year's squad will be tough.

Prince could play 1, 2, 3, and maybe 4. He'll be more of a wing since I've heard he is closer to 6'8" than 6'6" or 6'7".

That would be a decent inside rotation....unless we have an injury or foul trouble. It would be nice if Williams can come in at a decent enough weight to provide 6 or 7 minutes a game if need be.

VN Store

Back