So who decides Saturday?

Mullet Vol

I know Donald is deciding Sat. Who are the other players in the game this weekend that might fall our way?

i beleive ben martin has decided to..dont know if we have a chance still..but

I think he will also be a Vol along with Donald. Maybe another big time recruit will announce that he will be coming to The Hill.

i have a bad feeling about saturday. Florida State looked like the old FSU we have all learned to hate and we know how big they push during the later weeks of recruiting. Saban to Alabama, not sure who we could lose because of that move. Losing to PSU is kind of a sour note.

opinions?

A guy on Rivals has said that Donald is leaning to ND. That is funny because he has already made his decision and isn't leaning anywhere. They may think ND, but he is a Vol.

hes been hanging around with the ND players alot this week. him and zo edwards

A guy on Rivals has said that Donald is leaning to ND. That is funny because he has already made his decision and isn't leaning anywhere. They may think ND, but he is a Vol.

i think he is playing for the irish next year. i hate to say it, but right now they have more to offer. early playing time and BCS games. can't say i blame him or smith.

I really think that he will actually end up in South Bend.

i think he is playing for the irish next year. i hate to say it, but right now they have more to offer. early playing time and BCS games. can't say i blame him or smith.

I agree with you on the playing time and BCS bowls because all the need is 10 wins against the cupcakes they schdule and they are in, however I would not be surprised if Weiss left ND for the NFL within the next 2 or 3 years.....if recruits can live with that so be it.....unless we under achieve again next year and the year after, Fulmer will be here because I highly doubt he gets any interest from the NFL......

I agree with you on the playing time and BCS bowls because all the need is 10 wins against the cupcakes they schdule and they are in, however I would not be surprised if Weiss left ND for the NFL within the next 2 or 3 years.....if recruits can live with that so be it.....unless we under achieve again next year and the year after, Fulmer will be here because I highly doubt he gets any interest from the NFL......

i agree with that, but why would you come to UT to be in the middle of the pack, when you can actually play for something at another university or get early PT. i would have a hard time convincing my kid.

i agree with that, but why would you come to UT to be in the middle of the pack, when you can actually play for something at another university or get early PT. i would have a hard time convincing my kid.

Chris Donald wouldn't have a problem with playing time at any university in the nation.

Chris Donald wouldn't have a problem with playing time at any university in the nation.

I hope your right ONLY if he comes to UT...I hope he is the next Al Wilson, however how can you be so sure? There are alot of 5 star recruits that never did anything with their talent in college.....

I hope your right ONLY if he comes to UT...I hope he is the next Al Wilson, however how can you be so sure? There are alot of 5 star recruits that never did anything with their talent in college.....

He won't be the next Al Wilson, but only because he's more of a Ray Lewis type of LB. Whether he plays at Notre Dame or Tennessee, we'll all see that this dude is a beast.

He was a 4-star.

Indeed. Well, then there's always James Banks, Mondre Dickerson, Gerald Riggs Jr., and J.T. Mapu. Those are all former 5-star recruits that didn't blossom into superstars. However, Chris Donald won't be a part of this group.

Name some

Whitney Lewis (DB) - USC
Kyle Wright (QB) - Miami
Brandon Jacobs (RB) - Auburn (never thought he was that great in college)

Ryan Powdrell (LB) - USC
Xavier Carter (WR) - LSU
Xavier Lee (QB) - FSU
Lance Leggett (WR) - Miami
Derrick Harvey (DE) - Florida

Those are just some from past years that didn't seem to live up to the 5 star ranking....correct me if I am wrong I'm no expert....you asked for examples so I tried to provide a few.....

Indeed. Well, then there's always James Banks, Mondre Dickerson, Gerald Riggs Jr., and J.T. Mapu. Those are all former 5-star recruits that didn't blossom into superstars. However, Chris Donald won't be a part of this group.

If he comes to UT I hope your right, if not I could care less......

Mondre Dickerson was from a JC I think. JT Mapu still has 1 year left and he was great his frosh and soph year.
But you are correct about James Banks and Riggs, even though Riggs had a good Jr. year. But if you look at the stats, almost all of 5-star recruits end up being very good players.

Mondre Dickerson was from a JC I think. JT Mapu still has 1 year left and he was great his frosh and soph year.
But you are correct about James Banks and Riggs, even though Riggs had a good Jr. year. But if you look at the stats, almost all of 5-star recruits end up being very good players.

Oh, I didn't know we were limiting this to high school players. We're talking about 5-star recruits, correct? Mondre Dickerson was a 5-star recruit. He's included in this little discussion. Out of all 5-star recruits, I'd say about 50% make it big-time. The other half end up back in their hometown working at the local factory.

VN Store

Back