So what is the SEC’s National Championship dominance now?

Nick will never be a good analyst. He's a miserable human being and he can't hide it. He does not like people or being around them.
Sounds like he should pursue it, then. He'll no longer be coaching Bama, his negatives will snuff his broadcast career, his time on the speaking circuit will be brief. He'll await in seclusion his eternal fate in the lake of fire.

Last edited:
Imma say this, I'm glad to see Burrow go. I don't think people appreciate the numbers he put up. He ended 3rd on the single-season passing yards chart and first in single-season TD's. People may say he was just third but he played in the SEC and put u[p number on EVERYONE heck he put up 1000 yards and 13 passing tds against 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation playing for all he marbles. I don't get how dude put up numbers like that so quietly. I kinda knew of him heard his name some but didn't know he was doing it like that.

He put up 5671 and 60TD's passing yards and 60 TD's playing in the SEC. The next SEC Qb on the list is Chase daniel at 58th (4335) there are only 2 other SEC QB's in the top 100 Tim Couch 68 (4275) and Johnny Manziel 94 (4114). For TD's the feat was just as impressive. How was this kid not talked about more? Where are the memes? Let us rejoice he's gone because next year though slim there's a chance we are in the SEC championship game and I wouldn't wanna see them with him.

You could argue Oklahoma and Texas are in the South as well.

Once we kick their butts in Norman next season, they'll be glad they're on the west side of the Mississippi! CJP has the team on a roll, terrific recruiting, and the team has bought into the system-no way we don't post a big W in Oklahoma....

Imma say this, I'm glad to see Burrow go. I don't think people appreciate the numbers he put up. He ended 3rd on the single-season passing yards chart and first in single-season TD's. People may say he was just third but he played in the SEC and put u[p number on EVERYONE heck he put up 1000 yards and 13 passing tds against 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation playing for all he marbles. I don't get how dude put up numbers like that so quietly. I kinda knew of him heard his name some but didn't know he was doing it like that.
He put up 5671 and 60TD's passing yards and 60 TD's playing in the SEC. The next SEC Qb on the list is Chase daniel at 58th (4335) there are only 2 other SEC QB's in the top 100 Tim Couch 68 (4275) and Johnny Manziel 94 (4114). For TD's the feat was just as impressive. How was this kid not talked about more? Where are the memes? Let us rejoice he's gone because next year though slim there's a chance we are in the SEC championship game and I wouldn't wanna see them with him.

Joe Burrow is everything the hype says he is-and then some. Every NCAA football coach in the country should watch his films-that's how your QB should be playing the position!

Reactions: mpfvol
No matter which formula is used the SEC comes out on top in NCs, NC appearances, and overall strength of conference. The only time another conference has done better is when play on the field is removed and a biased media decides. You can see proof of this today as ESPN released it's final FPI ratings for the season. LSU's numbers put it in a category of perhaps being the best overall team in college football history. They won on the field against all comers incluing beating Clemson last night. So who does ESPN close out their FPI rankings as being #1?? Of course, Ohio State when they saw what LSU did all season with their own lying eyes. The Big 10 hardly ever deserved those NCs OSU and UM received, there were better teams in the SEC in almost every case.

Last edited:
No matter which formula is used the SEC comes out on top in NCs, NC appearances, and overall strength of conference. The only time another conference has done better is when play on the field is removed and a biased media decides. You can see proof of this today as ESPN released it's final FPI ratings for the season. LSU's numbers put it in a category of perhaps being the best overall team in college football history. They won on the field against all comers incluing beating Clemson last night. So who does ESPN close out their FPI rankings as being #1?? Of course, Ohio State when they saw what LSU did all season with their own lying eyes. The Big 10 hardly ever deserved those NCs OSU and UM received, there were better teams in the SEC in almost every case.

I also noticed in their way too early 2020 poll ESPN had Clemson, OH St, and AL ahead of LSU. While LSU is clearly going to take a significant roster hit next year, you have to wonder where all the past disciples of OH St should be #1 because they are reigning champions until they lose a game(s) have gone.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Florida in the national title game next year 😂😂😂
Pretending to know who will be in the game is laughable but they have as good a shot as anyone. 10-2 with a first year starter at QB last year. Had Georgia and LSU on the ropes.

Pretending to know who will be in the game is laughable but they have as good a shot as anyone. 10-2 with a first year starter at QB last year. Had Georgia and LSU on the ropes.

Florida has a very good coach but I'll have to see it to believe it that he can win a championship.

Let’s not forget he played in extra games too considering they count the postseason now back when Peyton was playing they didn’t count the bowl games plus teams played a 11 game schedule then compared to 12 now.

Reactions: AM64
Let’s not forget he played in extra games too considering they count the postseason now back when Peyton was playing they didn’t count the bowl games plus teams played a 11 game schedule then compared to 12 now.
Mostly everyone in the top 50 played extra games It still does not make his stats any less insane. he threw for 5600 yards 60 TD's and only 6 ints. and oh yeah rushed for 6 for good measure. Im just saying his numbers are kinda nuts. Did you see the Oklahome game? He had thrown for like 6 TD's and 400 yards by HALFTIME against Oklahoma in a playoff game.

Even if you subtract his stats from 2 Playoff games He'd still have the most Yards and Td's by an SEC QB in s season. and that's giving the guys behind him a free bowl game worth of stats lead.

Nick will never be a good analyst. He's a miserable human being and he can't hide it. He does not like people or being around them.

Lol....that look he gave Corso when he put that stupid tiger head on supports your opinion.

Talked about more? Do you live in Tuscaloosa?

Talked about more? Do you live in Tuscaloosa?
lol good one. I knew about him because I am a big UT fan so follow the SEC and football in general. Trust me most fans of other conferences probably hadn't heard his name until recently. Compare that the hype of Johhny Football and Tim Tebow back in the day half their fans and the people that followed them knew nothing about football. Heck, a lot of people who knew of Tebow didn't even know he was a football player. I think a lot of it is information overload. We live in a day when anyone can be famous for a week given the right youtube video or tweet. So now attentions are divided I guess? They talked about Tebow and Manziel on late-night talk shows. midseason. Comedians made jokes about them. Because they were household names. Barrow is not and he is twice the player either of them ever was.

Since the SEC expansion to 12 teams in 1992 (27 seasons). SEC has 14.
Alabama 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
Florida 1996, 2006, 2008
Tennessee 1998
LSU 2003, 2007, 2019
Auburn 2010

1992 was a consensus title for Alabama, all the rest were results of the Bowl Alliance, BCS, College Football Playoff.

Interestingly, the SEC lost the title game in many of those years as well. 7 years, 2 times to another SEC school.
Florida 1995
Tennessee 1997
LSU 2011
Auburn 2014
Alabama 2016, 2018
Georgia 2017

Which means of the 48 (1992-1994 no title game) berths to the title game, the SEC has had 20 since the SEC expansion.

SEC 42% the championship game berths and 52% of the champs.

Last edited:
I was divided. I like LSU more than most other SEC teams. A strong LSU is not always bad for UT. It is generally very bad for Ole Miss, TAM, MSU, Aub, and Bama.

But they're still an SEC rival that could stand in UT's way at some point. Clemson OTOH recruits the same areas UT does. Perhaps even more than UGA, UF, Bama, Aub, etc... UT will need to compete with Clemson to get the players needed to win championships.

I guess on the whole it is good LSU won from a UT standpoint.

This is similar to debate I got into in another thread. Somebody was opining that they wanted FSU to get good again to frustrate UF. I disagreed. As you were pointing out, we will compete with Clemson more than we will compete with LSU. Geographically, we probably compete more with FSU than we do with UF. Having a vibrant UF and FSU at the same time does our program no favors. 1. I'd rather beat UF when they are good. 2. Both the teams being good at the same time decrease our chances in the Florida/Alabama/Georgia recruiting markets and 3. The ACC is pitiful. If FSU gets good again, it will guarantee an ACC participant in the playoff for years to come.

I can't really watch a UF/UGA/AL and cheer for them. I just can't. But I do recognize that it's better for us in broader strokes if they win.

Since the SEC expansion to 12 teams in 1992 (27 seasons). SEC has 14.
Alabama 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
Florida 1996, 2006, 2008
Tennessee 1998
LSU 2003, 2007, 2019
Auburn 2010

1992 was a consensus title for Alabama, all the rest were results of the Bowl Alliance, BCS, College Football Playoff.

Interestingly, the SEC lost the title game in many of those years as well. 7 years, 2 times to another SEC school.
Florida 1995
Tennessee 1997
LSU 2011
Auburn 2014
Alabama 2016, 2018
Georgia 2017

Which means of the 48 (1992-1994 no title game) berths to the title game, the SEC has had 20 since the SEC expansion.

SEC 42% the championship game berths and 52% of the champs.

Tennessee did not play in the national championship in 1997. They played an eventual co-National Champion, but they did not play in a National Championship.

Agree to disagree

The SEC is up for grabs next year like it has never been before. There's not one SECw team I'd put all my cards on, so I agree with your sentiment. We can win the East, and I'd submit we should be in contention for the East through the beginning of November.

Tennessee did not play in the national championship in 1997. They played an eventual co-National Champion, but they did not play in a National Championship.
Incorrect, had we won that game, the coaches poll would've voted us number 1 by contractual obligation. Had we won we certainly would claim the title just like Nebraska currently does.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back