So What Game are You Not Going to Miss this Weekend?

KY -Ole Miss.. will be interesting and also want to assess how good the Mildcats are because their fans seem to think they will be the top of the East.. I just think that they haven’t been following football that long, just my theory

Last edited:
KY -Ole Miss.. will be interesting and also want to access how good the Mildcats are because their fans seem to think they will be the top of the East.. I just think that they haven’t been following football that long, just my theory
I think it's funny that they think Kentucky will be 7-0 going into the Tennessee game.

I think it's funny that they think Kentucky will be 7-0 going into the Tennessee game.
Their schedule is soft, that is why I think they’re perception is so skewed…Ole Miss game may smack them back to reality. edit: it’s at Ole Miss? Even better! Definitely watching.

Last edited:
Some good games this weekend. The most interesting are near home, inside the SEC. But OOC first:

1. Navy plays Air Force. I ought to care about that, but I just can't get excited to see squids and zoomies pillow fighting (lol).

2,. #5 Clemson hosts #10 NC State. The Tigers sure feel like that fella who falls off the cliff, but at the last second finds a handhold and is now hanging on for dear life above the precipice. Will he fall the rest of the way, or start the climb back to the safe path? This game will be tell a lot, and seems to me the most intriguing of the OOC games this weekend.

3. #24 Pitt gets Georgia Tech. Some say there's no way Pitt repeats as ACC champion. But they're 3-1 with one decent victory (West Virginia). And them winning their conference again would be a nice footnote for the Vols' schedule. Always sweet to be able to say you've beaten other conferences' champions. So hoping they take down the Yellow Jackets as a first step toward that goal.

4. #9 Oklahoma State and #16 Baylor face off. Probably should be interested in this game, I just can't find anything. I'll skip it. But thought I'd mention it.

Now for what I consider the more intriguing set of games of Week 5:

5. #7 Kentucky and #14 Ole Miss. This is the one game I'll definitely watch start to finish. Everything else, I'll probably channel surf.

6. #2 Bama at #20 Arkansas. I give the pigs an outside shot. Really thin outside shot. Always fun to imagine the tide losing.

7. LSU at Auburn. Just watching this one to scout our upcoming opponent.

And that's about it. There's also #4 Michigan against (unranked, but 3-1) Iowa, but...meh. Can't even find enough 'care' in me for this one to match my lack of caring for Navy - Air Force or OK State - Baylor.

Go Vols!

May just go football free and catch up on some cooking, reading, and lawn care. This next stretch of the season is going to be rather “intense”. Sometimes a fan can use a “bye” week too. It will be a long stretch until the regular season wraps up.

May just go football free and catch up on some cooking, reading, and lawn care. This next stretch of the season is going to be rather “intense”. Sometimes a fan can use a “bye” week too. It will be a long stretch until the regular season wraps up.

Bye week indeed! No stress!

Some good games this weekend. The most interesting are near home, inside the SEC. But OOC first:

1. Navy plays Air Force. I ought to care about that, but I just can't get excited to see squids and zoomies pillow fighting (lol).

2,. #5 Clemson hosts #10 NC State. The Tigers sure feel like that fella who falls off the cliff, but at the last second finds a handhold and is now hanging on for dear life above the precipice. Will he fall the rest of the way, or start the climb back to the safe path? This game will be tell a lot, and seems to me the most intriguing of the OOC games this weekend.

3. #24 Pitt gets Georgia Tech. Some say there's no way Pitt repeats as ACC champion. But they're 3-1 with one decent victory (West Virginia). And them winning their conference again would be a nice footnote for the Vols' schedule. Always sweet to be able to say you've beaten other conferences' champions. So hoping they take down the Yellow Jackets as a first step toward that goal.

4. #9 Oklahoma State and #16 Baylor face off. Probably should be interested in this game, I just can't find anything. I'll skip it. But thought I'd mention it.

Now for what I consider the more intriguing set of games of Week 5:

5. #7 Kentucky and #14 Ole Miss. This is the one game I'll definitely watch start to finish. Everything else, I'll probably channel surf.

6. #2 Bama at #20 Arkansas. I give the pigs an outside shot. Really thin outside shot. Always fun to imagine the tide losing.

7. LSU at Auburn. Just watching this one to scout our upcoming opponent.

And that's about it. There's also #4 Michigan against (unranked, but 3-1) Iowa, but...meh. Can't even find enough 'care' in me for this one to match my lack of caring for Navy - Air Force or OK State - Baylor.

Go Vols!

"So hoping they take down the Yellow Jackets as a first step toward that goal". You do realize Pitt is favored by 25?

Three weeks ago I picked this weekend to rent a convertible to drive the NC section of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it's going to be raining the entire time. So I might be watching KY/MS at the rental cabin...:confused:

Reactions: voldurham
Kentucky vs Ole Miss
A&M vs MS State
LSU vs Auburn

I doubt I will watch all of them, but when I check in, those are the ones I will put on throughout the day.

Reactions: saxvol and 67Vol
I will be rooting for everyway possible for us to crack the top 5 before LSU!

Go Vols!

Those are two that interest me the most. I think the Hogs have a shot - it depends how Bama comes out. If Bama plays uninspired, they could ley the Hogs stay in the game, and anything can happen. I think the Hogs QB is similar to AR but a better passer and the Hogs D is much better than the Gators. The Hogs are a team I think we would struggle to beat.

Unless Ole Miss is much better than I see them I think Kentucky just wears them out with a tough physical attack. I haven't seen anything to tell me Ole Miss is anywhere as good as they were last year. I think we would blow them out this year. I do want to see how the Cats play D against the Ole Miss O - they couldn't stop us at all last year, and I don't know that they are any different this year. They are big and strong across the front but we'll gash them in the passing game (again).

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

I hope they are. Just for the pleasure of our putting a 60-24 beating on them. Then sing to them in the tune of the KY fighting song:

Old Bob Stoops had a chicken farm.
A wildcat got into the chicken coup.
The feline then got the poop;
Kicked out of him by Foghorn Leghorn.

I’m probably going up to the Banks of Mossy Creek in Jefferson City for a South-Atlantic conference showdown between the Carson-Newman Eagles and the Newberry Wolves.

Reactions: Sarms58
Florida-Eastern Washington moved to Sunday because of Hurricane Ian which is scheduled to dump 18 inches of rain in Gainesville.

I plan on taking a weekend away from football. Gotta few doors to trim out, caulk, and paint. Gotta replace two pieces of siding below my bay window. Pressure wash my driveway. Pressure wash my fence and get ready to stain it again.
Same. Going camping with the family this weekend.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

VN Store

Back