So Paul Finebaum reported today that Saban and other coaches voted Alabama

WHO CARES HOW THEY VOTED.................................LOTS OF IDIOTS VOTED ! SABAN IS PROBABLY PISSED BECAUSE WE KEPT HIM OUT OF THE PLAYOFF PICTURE.

They should have.

We don’t deserve to be ranked ahead of Bama.
They lost two games by three points in the two most hostile environments on the planet.

We, on the other hand…… 63.
I don’t know why people have a hard time grasping that.

And - they beat a damn good Kstate team like they stole aomething.
We beat clemsuck. - and yes clemson sucks - they lost to scar too.

Note to self - thy shall not be blown to smithereens by a less than team of that magnitude and expect to be viewed favorably.

Another dumb take. Yes we lost to SC bad. But we also beat bama in the head to head. Better SOS, more quality wins, etc. you know, all the other units they use to rank teams. UT was ahead of bama in all of them. You probably agree with that idiot reporter/voter who kept bama ahead of UT after UT beat them because bama won time of possession.

bama did beat a quality Kstate team. UT also beat a quality Clemson team, you know, the conference champions.

some of you closet bama fans are letting your fandom slip out

What’s more newsworthy to me is that Saban voted UT #7. That’s clearly an attempt to drop TN so we can’t pass Bama.

there are arguments on both sides of whether we should be ahead of them (I think we should) but there’s no legitimate argument that they ought to be ranked 5 spots ahead of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpfvol and 1989Vol
Kirby's a National Champ, knows who he's played and votes the correct way
Nick is a prick and has been like a small child stealing his toy. Thinks their the best even loosing games
Butch jones shoudn't be allowed a ballot. Still working at a Brick yard I suppose
Narruzi telling it about rite.

People making way too big of a deal about Alabama being ranked above us (with only 2 losses on the road by the thinnest of margins) and way too little of a deal about TCU being ranked #2.

TCU should've fallen out of the top 5. Sagarin had them all the way down at 9 and FPI had them at 13. That's probably the worst team to make the national title game since at least 2012 Notre Dame or 2001 Nebraska.

They should have.

They lost two games by three points in the two most hostile environments on the planet.

Note to self - thy shall not be blown to smithereens by a less than team of that magnitude and expect to be viewed favorably.

With all respect, brother, you are out of your mind with that utterly insane logic. We and Bama had the same final record. We beat Bama head to head. In all of college sports in my lifetime, in such a situation, we should clearly be ranked above Bama. This is not even a debatable, iffy, difficult question.

People making way too big of a deal about Alabama being ranked above us (with only 2 losses on the road by the thinnest of margins) and way too little of a deal about TCU being ranked #2.

TCU should've fallen out of the top 5. Sagarin had them all the way down at 9 and FPI had them at 13. That's probably the worst team to make the national title game since at least 2012 Notre Dame or 2001 Nebraska.

Nah, TCU knocked off the undefeated and 2nd ranked team one week and had to turn around and play #1 10 days later. Now, they weren't ready for a championship level game on a 10 day turn around but they did play a respectable schedule and beat #2. The only reshuffling of the top 4 should have been within the top 4. Imo, you get a pass when you play #2 and #1 in consecutive weeks because you can't assume anyone ranked 5 thru 10 would have done much better.

Last edited:
Ok - so we should be ahead of Bama just because we beat them ?… then scar should be ahead of us… look, it sucks, but is what it is. A sad thing.
And we are both right and both wrong- two sides to this one. I’m just still perturbed by what happened in Columbia sc. No top five team should lose to them. Ever.

What is Alabama’s record, what is Tennessee’s record, who won on the field. Enough said…

They should have.

As bad as I dislike agreeing you are right. As I have stated in the past "Bama's lose to us was bye 6'. Missed a FG by 3' we made one by 3'. Very likely they missed the playoffs by that 6'. Now had we not shi- our nest against SC - - - well that's another story we have not and likely will not ever hear in it's entirety, we could have been the BIG SHOW.

They should have.

We should have been ranked ahead of Alabama. We beat them on the field and had a stronger strength of schedule. I don't understand why that's hard to grasp.

Reactions: feathersax
Fin bumb - - -
IS his show (I use the term loosely) the longest in tv?? I know it is the longest on the SEC network. I for one have not watched this farce in it's entirety ever and never waste time on it anymore. Why is this "show" so dominate the channel? Is it so cheap to produce or is it ESPN (parent?) just doesn't want to spend the time on the success of the SEC network. There are many sports activities in the SEC that would better represent the conference than Fin bumb..

Very misleading. Why even mention Jones or Schiano? UT connection? Clickbait. Just poor journalism.

Sure, Jones and Schiano both put Alabama at # 5 but the article failed to mention Dimel (voted tide #2) and 8 other coaches that voted the tide #3

Reactions: feathersax
I doubt Saban voted. More likely an assistant AD or some other underling did the voting. Not sure why Arky State, MTSU and Akron get a vote anyway. P5 schools should be the only ones voting.

See the Akron coach's vote? Further motivation to not pay those dirt stains to play us.

Or, agree to a lesser contract and then go out 100 on them. Heupel doesn’t have a short memory, apparently.

VN Store

Back