So...... on Bailey

You do realize for Saban's career he is over 60% in one score games and close to 65% in one score games while at Bama right? Since historically one score games are essentially coin flips, that's incredible and as good as anybody.

I don't want to let facts get in the way of your argument here, but these Saban takes are laughable.

He won a couple 1 score games (09 & ‘15) vs Tennessee when he had far superior talent. Those are in your 60%. He has far superior talent in practically every game AND he is the best game preparer I’ve seen. But he has blown several games, even when he’s had superior talent due to questionable coaching from the sidelines. Jmo.

He won a couple 1 score games (09 & ‘15) vs Tennessee when he had far superior talent. Those are in your 60%. He has far superior talent in practically every game AND he is the best game preparer I’ve seen. But he has blown several games, even when he’s had superior talent due to questionable coaching from the sidelines. Jmo.
Every coach does. Here's a stat that blows my mind: Saban has lost exactly one game to the entire rest of the current SEC coaches

Reactions: posivol
Every coach does. Here's a stat that blows my mind: Saban has lost exactly one game to the entire rest of the current SEC coaches

Alabama basically dominates college football. Their only challenge is Clemson. Saban loses it alittle when he sees he can’t defense people. See some past Auburn games, Clemson. He might win a shoot out but he’s not comfortable in one.

He has won almost 80% of his games over his 25 year college coaching career and you're criticizing him for a couple close wins 5 and 11 years ago? There are lots of dumb takes on here but this is close to the top.

I pray our program gets to a coach so good where we can complain about winning.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
He has won almost 80% of his games over his 25 year college coaching career and you're criticizing him for a couple close wins 5 and 11 years ago? There are lots of dumb takes on here but this is close to the top.

I pray our program gets to a coach so good where we can complain about winning.

Damn, I just don’t think he’s a great sideline coach. Hes in 1, maybe 2 close games a year. He’s the best recruiting HC & preparer I’ve seen. Pardon me if I don’t worship his feet.

He's a true freshman. Peyton wasn't an elite defense reader his Fr year. It takes time, snaps and experience. I watched Matt Ryan do the same thing today and he's one of the best QB's in the NFL. The more starts he gets the better and more comforhe will get.
so he needs to sit and learn

Or... neither. He's a young developing QB. He is WAY ahead of where Shrout was as a Fr and RS Fr. He did a very good job of going through his progressions in his first two real PT opportunities. TAM adjusted and threw some things at him that confused him. It happens.

I like both guys. I wish Maurer could have gotten a real shot too. At this point, I think Maurer leaves then Shrout and HB battle it out.

I like Shrout too but there were several times he drilled it when he should have put touch on it. His reads still leave much to be desired as well... at the end of his 3rd year. He did not find his secondary receivers and hit them which contributed to his 6 for 14 performance.

I'm not one who says that 6 for 6 is automatically better than 6 for 14. But both guys have a way to go. Glad we got to see part of the competition. Both have FAR more upside than JG IMO.
i disagree.
:D:D:D:D:D

They do hold alot and it doesn't get called much. That is a fact and the refs shouldn't be aiding them, call it fair for both sides at least. They are good, they don't need the help. But they hold on the perimeter a bunch.

I remember a pic of Barnett basically having his pants pulled down by the OT he beat, right at the QB, and right at the ref.....no call.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
not well? ha, idk what u've been watching. i guess ur view is skewed towards who and what u wanna see....but JT Shrout has played well at UT. 2 bad throws is all. one last yr and one vs vandy
Great arm. He has a serious problem with the touch on his passes for the routes that need it. If he doesn’t fix it during the off-season he will be forever relegated to the bench.

Great arm. He has a serious problem with the touch on his passes for the routes that need it. If he doesn’t fix it during the off-season he will be forever relegated to the bench.
the deep ball touchdown.....and the pressured completion to palmer had nice touch. 2 very well placed balls. the TD vs florida to jones as well.

Reactions: tabrams
no, ur missing it. he was pulled because he was holding onto the ball too long. that's why his numbers were good....because he stopped throwing the ball. hell, he became the pump fake king
Flip side of that coin is that he was too worried about making a mistake and getting pulled, so he then makes more mistakes because he’s thinking too much .

How long has the Bama QB been on campus, in their system, and practicing with the team? The answer is years. He has not played very much prior to this year and he's going to be one and done. It's simply not fair to put our kid a true freshman in a disease shortened season against a guy who has been on campus, in their system, and practicing for years.

Just look up the quarterback stats. Bailey’s QBR is best at 155.5 compared to team average of 133.0. His completion percentage is best at 70.6% compared to team 62.8% completion. He simply is the best and he did this as an 18 year old. He will grow and develop into greatness, but he is already the best we have and it is not close. Only a gump would not realize this. Bailey also has the most yards per completion at 8.5 yards per completion with the team average at 7.2 yards per completion. Oh, guess who has the longest completion of the year.

I didn't say someone else was "better". I said I was worried. Comparing Bailey's stats to our current QBs? Really? Pretty low bar there Forrest. Some of you guys just latch on to a player and lose all perspective and reason.

11 sacks on on the season is a ton for as little as HB played.....and IDK if he being taught to hold the ball that long or what but he reminds me of Jake Fromm....a slightly above avg game manager....which is great when you have the talent around you....
Ohhh look the President of the Brian Maurer Fan Club showed up to comment on Baileys performance.

Reactions: Remy
He needs to throw it away... I view that as coaching
Everything seems to be coaching around here. Maybe just maybe the coaches told him if its not there get rid of it and he didnt, which is why he got intoduced to Mr. Pine. Speaking from experience u can coach a young guy up all u want. U can tell a player exactly what's coming but until that player is in that fire and see's for himself the reason why u are telling him that, he will never fully understand. If Pruitt hadnt been drilling it in his head all week he wouldnt have been so pissed about it at halftime. Its a neccessary evil but HB will get better with time bc of it.

At this early time in his career Bailey seems to be a player that holds the ball to long before deciding to throw it away or try to make a play. He also has not shown much pocket awareness of when the defense is closing in on him. The fumbles he's made are on him you don't have all the time he takes to make decisions of what to do. I am hoping with more experience he will get smarter how hard is it to throw a ball out of bounds when you don't have anything to avoid a fumble or a sack.

He'll be on the bench as soon as Salter gets up to speed.

We have so damn many expert coaches and football analysts who post on this board, we should be able to hire a great coach from that base who could win the National championship every year and would volunteer their services.

Reactions: rikberry31
Watching Alabama’s offense last night I noticed that their receivers always ran the correct routes and the QB always put the ball where it needed to be and on time. Hell they even seemed to have no problem lining up correctly. God I hate them so much!!!!!
We don’t have a receiver (except for maybe Hyatt) who would see the field on Alabama’s team.

VN Store

Back