So, let's work out the possibilities for the ND game

LVsinceJV

Lady Vols lose: Holly either gets canned immediately, or the writing's on the wall and she'll get axed at the end of the season.

Lady vols win: Could this possibly make Fulmer ignore the last five losses and keep her on? And what if, let's say, the LVs tank to some other unranked SEC team or two this season but beat MSST and/or SC? How would these losses to crappy schools look in hindsight?

Lady Vols lose: Holly either gets canned immediately, or the writing's on the wall and she'll get axed at the end of the season.

Lady vols win: Could this possibly make Fulmer ignore the last five losses and keep her on? And what if, let's say, the LVs tank to some other unranked SEC team or two this season but beat MSST and/or SC? How would these losses to crappy schools look in hindsight?

IMO would make the crappy losses look even worse. Would prove that this team is indeed loaded with 'talent,' a concept I've actually come to doubt.

Would show what happens when top flight talent is wildly inconsistent, underprepared, and mentally on their own agenda. Would show a coach with zero control, just along for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

The mens team has had several mediocre teams that beat national champs/final four teams but didnt translate to conference/tournament success. Has to be consistent great basketball the whole season, which it has not or a dramatic turnaround resulting in a conference tournament championship showing AND final four run for Holly to keep her job. Personal opinion....cut her loose now.

It's absolutely a possibility that we squeak out a fluke win tonight. Which I'm both excited for and hesitant about.

Same here! And hate myself for it, never ever thought any tiny corner of me would want the LVs to lose (note: lose NOT loose). Sure don't want to pull against the kids, they have it bad enough. But also do not want the issue to get confused. The program needs change.

Maybe there's been a Damascus Road Epiphany, we'll come out tonight on fire and focused,unveil our spiffy new motion offense (not sure why its been such a secret all season), have a positive assist/t.o. ratio and suddenly comprehend our defensive assignments, all while making great use of time outs and player rotation. Win or lose, we're sharp and competitive. And we do this the rest of the season with resulting post season success.

Then I'd consider the issue confused.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
I would never root for the Lady Vols to lose to usher in a coaching change. Fulmer would not make a change mid season, he knows what that feels like and understands the far reaching effects it can have on a program. Fulmer will give Holly every opportunity to right the ship.

I don't expect or want (except in a tiny evil corner of me) a change midseason. My best case scenerio is HW announces now for after season, or at least makes it known inside the program.

Many will argue that 3/4 of a decade is ample opportunity to right the ship, especially in light of things getting progressively worse and most decidedly not better with the passage of time.

Same here! And hate myself for it, never ever thought any tiny corner of me would want the LVs to lose (note: lose NOT loose). Sure don't want to pull against the kids, they have it bad enough. But also do not want the issue to get confused. The program needs change.

Maybe there's been a Damascus Road Epiphany, we'll come out tonight on fire and focused,unveil our spiffy new motion offense (not sure why its been such a secret all season), have a positive assist/t.o. ratio and suddenly comprehend our defensive assignments, all while making great use of time outs and player rotation. Win or lose, we're sharp and competitive. And we do this the rest of the season with resulting post season success.

Then I'd consider the issue confused.

Thank you so much, Sisaq drives me nuts say 'loose' all the time. lol

Thank you so much, Sisaq drives me nuts say 'loose' all the time. lol
Sisaq is far from the only one. That and the overuse of apostrophes is ubiquitous.

Any chance we're becoming grumpy ole farts?

You mean apostrophe's for plural noun's? That is now a first grade common core objective! We all need to watch our step's!

Reactions: MocVol
Yes that. My personal fave is use with a personal noun, like the many recent xmas greetings I got signed Love, The Wilson's.

It's absolutely a possibility that we squeak out a fluke win tonight. Which I'm both excited for and hesitant about.
Umm, do you not remember the 23 point lead they had at South Bend last year and squandered it away? Pigs have a better chance of flying without an airplane or catapult...

This is one of those games where unfortunately, I don't think Tennessee has a shot in hell. Last year, they had an advantage inside with Russell and a Swiss Army Knife player in Nared. Both are gone, along with possibly Meme Jackson who was the high scorer for Tennessee last year. I expect that 2nd chance points will be very tough to come by, so Tennessee's points will for the most part all come from whatever Rennia, Evina and Zaay create off the dribble. They probably will have a hard time getting in the lane because of Shepard and Turner. Anything they score will probably be jump shots, which will not be a recipe for success.

My guess is that the deficit will be above 30 points in the waning moments of the 3rd quarter, Muffet will empty her bench, and Tennessee's starters will press them relentlessly to keep the deficit around 20.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
This is one of those games where unfortunately, I don't think Tennessee has a shot in hell. Last year, they had an advantage inside with Russell and a Swiss Army Knife player in Nared. Both are gone, along with possibly Meme Jackson who was the high scorer for Tennessee last year. I expect that 2nd chance points will be very tough to come by, so Tennessee's points will for the most part all come from whatever Rennia, Evina and Zaay create off the dribble. They probably will have a hard time getting in the lane because of Shepard and Turner. Anything they score will probably be jump shots, which will not be a recipe for success.

My guess is that the deficit will be above 30 points in the waning moments of the 3rd quarter, Muffet will empty her bench, and Tennessee's starters will press them relentlessly to keep the deficit around 20.
I believe it will be 50 points and a 40 point deficit. The final score will be 113-61.

Last edited:
After losing 5 in a row,I don't think a loss to ND will get HW fired.I believe to Fulmer the lady vols are not his main concern. When they start losing a lot of money,it will jump up in his face!

I believe it will be 50 points and a 40 point deficit. The final score will be 113-61.

I wonder sometimes about how teams are merciless against mid-major cupcakes, but don't run up the margin of victory against their P5 conference "peers"? The only one I remember just being an absolute mauling was when UConn beat MSST by like 60 points in the S16 a few years back.

I wonder if Muffet has it in her to do that to Holly tonight, because she definitely has the horses for it if she chooses to do so.

VN Store

Back