Smokey Greys or Black Unis

Thought teams had to wear white jerseys to away games. Anyway, what does everyone think about having and Orange-out (all fans wear orange tops and if they wear hats - orange) for the Bama game? Many people do that anyway, but if nearly everyone did, it would look good.

Last edited:
They should wear whatever the team wants and whatever creates excitement with players and recruits.
Well said. My kids are 23 and love the smokey gray and all black unis. No problem with adding those to the mix every now and then. The brand is big enough to support that and make no mistake, the brand is growing especially with this younger generation.

Reactions: DrTNT
All orange against Bama.
Black uniform for Halloween.
Smoke Grey against some moobs like Vandy.
Just for clarification, are moobs man boobs? Because Im currently rockin a pretty good set that can turn me on when I forget that they are actually mine.

Thought teams had to wear white jerseys to away games. Anyway, what does anything think about having and Orange-out (all fans wear orange tops and if they wear hats - orange) for the Bama game? Many people do that anyway, but if nearly everyone did, it would look good.
Home teams get to choose.
Most choose to wear their primary darker color. However, LSU (like the Dallas Cowboys) prefers wearing white at home.

Just our standard O&W for LSU. Save the black unis for October 29th against KY. Grey unis for Mizzou or Vandy.

Home teams get to choose.
Most choose to wear their primary darker color. However, LSU (like the Dallas Cowboys) prefers wearing white at home.

White is the SEC required jersey for road games but yes this is one of the rare road games we can choose a color jersey. Although some teams, just to piss LSU off, chooses white to make LSU have to wear their purple/gold ones. I think those look good but why piss LSU off and add more fire to the game.

If the LSU game is at night, dark mode is a BAD idea. No matter how bright the lights, the Captain could have a problem seeing his WRs. I'd prefer white jerseys and orange pants for such a game.

Reactions: McDad
Thought teams had to wear white jerseys to away games. Anyway, what does anything think about having and Orange-out (all fans wear orange tops and if they wear hats - orange) for the Bama game? Many people do that anyway, but if nearly everyone did, it would look good.

LSU wears white at home for all SEC games and the first home game of the season. The other non-conference home games they wear purple so that the fans can see them since otherwise they'd probably never wear them. Which is a shame, LSU's purple jerseys are some of the best uniforms imo.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
White is the SEC required jersey for road games but yes this is one of the rare road games we can choose a color jersey. Although some teams, just to piss LSU off, chooses white to make LSU have to wear their purple/gold ones. I think those look good but why piss LSU off and add more fire to the game.

Not exactly. Before 1995 it was the NCAA rule that home teams wore dark colors and road teams wore white. LSU wanted to go back to their older tradition of wearing white at home so the NCAA changed the rule that the home team could wear white at home if the visiting team agrees. A few years later in 1997 or 1998 one, the SEC changed the rule to the home team decides what jersey they want to wear and the visiting team wears the opposite.

I don't know what the NCAA rule is about that. In SEC games a visiting team would have to get permission from LSU to wear white at LSU, but if the old rule still stands a non-conference team might still be able to make LSU wear purple at home. I believe that happened in the early 2000s when LSU played Oregon St. in the first game of the year.

There's also the rule about 2 teams wearing their dark jerseys, if there is enough contrast and the home team agrees then both teams can wear them. I believe this is why we haven't done this against Alabama because Alabama refuses to play along and if we wore orange at Alabama we'd lose a timeout each half.

Not exactly. Before 1995 it was the NCAA rule that home teams wore dark colors and road teams wore white. LSU wanted to go back to their older tradition of wearing white at home so the NCAA changed the rule that the home team could wear white at home if the visiting team agrees. A few years later in 1997 or 1998 one, the SEC changed the rule to the home team decides what jersey they want to wear and the visiting team wears the opposite.

I don't know what the NCAA rule is about that. In SEC games a visiting team would have to get permission from LSU to wear white at LSU, but if the old rule still stands a non-conference team might still be able to make LSU wear purple at home. I believe that happened in the early 2000s when LSU played Oregon St. in the first game of the year.

There's also the rule about 2 teams wearing their dark jerseys, if there is enough contrast and the home team agrees then both teams can wear them. I believe this is why we haven't done this against Alabama because Alabama refuses to play along and if we wore orange at Alabama we'd lose a timeout each half.

Thanks for updated clarification. I thought the SEC white jersey road rule was still in effect. Have an LSU friend and he says some of the LSU OC games with in state schools choose to wear white just to get in a dig at LSU and make them wear purple at home. Seems Pruitt wanted to wear Orange jersey's at AL and they refused.

The greys are so much better than the blacks. But as long as they match the helmet Iā€™ll be happy. No white helmets with either one please.

I believe we bring out the Orange and White's for LSU and the Kentucky game we go Dark Mode with the Smokey Grays coming out against Missouri. We will see the Dark Mode and Smokey Grays this year no doubt. So get down with it ya old curmudgeons

It's supposed to be 85 degrees in Baton Rouge on Saturday. I hope we go with white helmets, white pants, orange jerseys. In the 1997 Citrus Bowl, Northwestern wore black jerseys with purple helmets and purple pants while Tennessee wore Stormtroopers and there ended up being a lot of talk after the game that this was a big miscalculation by Northwestern not taking the Orlando sunlight and heat into consideration, which may have played some factor in the game.

They didn't need an alt uniform to beat Florida. Wearing the traditional uniform at home, is a sign of respect to the rival and a message that they don't need silly gimmicks for motivation.
I dont know if you show any respect or disrespect by your uni choice.
I like the Orange on white when we do Checker Neyland because it makes sense lol.

VN Store

Back