Smokey Grays in Baton Rouge?

Either or...I don't want to know until they come on the field at game time.

I’m going off what the guy told me this morning. He said they were placing patches and names on the Smokey grays. He was the one helping with all the stitching and said Smokey Grays for LSU. I feel like that is reliable information unless he’s just misinformed.

I have no doubt that some work is being done, most of the names would have been done by Ripon or Powers Athletic before they were shipped, but they probably had to do some names locally for walk-ons, etc. It’s definitely possible that is what he was told by whoever got them set up, but the availability of the uniform to be worn on-field is still partially dictated by Nike. If the retail component isn’t ready to go, then they won’t be released to be worn.

I’ll concede that anything is possible, but the Smokey Gret is only supposed to be worn once this year and I’d be absolutely stunned if that one time comes on the road in a noon game.

Every time I read these threads I have to wonder, do we know for sure that the players don't want to wear the traditional orange and white? I haven't actually seen an article where one of the players state they hate the colors of the team they are playing for. I like alternate uniforms, but in moderation.

For Bama, to really make them puke.
6f5ff45e964fd17f04021e91fbf549ec.jpg

Reactions: Volfan1000
We better not wear Black for Bama. No way . Orange on white or my preference Orange on orange . No gimmicky unis for TSIO.

Agreed. The only variation, and to me what should be the only "alternate" uniform, would be orange on orange, like they wore when I saw them beat #2 Bama in 1982. They warmed up in orange/white, and came out through the Power T in orange/orange. Never heard a Neyland crowd that loud.

I’m orange on white for home but white on white for away lmao. I guess I’m just anti orange pants but ultimately not really. I don’t care that much. All look good to me.

Agree. With a win any uniform looks good.

Except maybe some of Oregon’s eye sores.

Seems to good to be true…does LSU wear white at home sometime?

That’s the only way we should even be allowed to do this. IMO the home team should get to determine the visitors Jersey to making sure it doesn’t interfere with theirs.

Like if USC jr was wearing black jerseys last year when we wore black.

Almost always

Reactions: olevolatMT
I hope the players get to wear what they want and what inspires them. Our opinions don't really matter.
Against any team that they decide to wear any of the jerseys I am happy for the kids.
I wish they bring back the one we wore against UNLV in '04. That was a cool look with our traditional colors..

Dark uniforms during a afternoon game in baton rouge louisiana...Doesn't sound smart to me....they will fry in those things.

Since DeerPark said the plan is to wear traditional colors against traditional rivals going forward, I don't see Tennessee wearing black against Alabama. That would be absurd.
It would be silly to wear alternate uniforms against bama, UGA or lsu. I’d only wear them if we were home against a scrub just to get a little extra pep

I’m all for the alternates but I’m more of a fan of wearing tradition orange for bama. I do like the idea of wearing gray at LSU since they always wear white

Reactions: JonesVols

VN Store

Back