Smokey Grays in Baton Rouge?

No kidding. It's the right balance. Just like white over orange on the road is the right balance. The all orange or all white is too much of either.

I’m orange on white for home but white on white for away lmao. I guess I’m just anti orange pants but ultimately not really. I don’t care that much. All look good to me.

At this point, whatever the players want to wear is fine with me. They've earned it.

This comment should end this discussion once and for all. These players have killed themselves on the practice field to make Tennessee relevant again. I don’t care if they want to march out there in yellow and pink floral, have at it.

You’re Tennessee Vols will be running into Death Valley sporting the Smokey Grays!

*inside source stitching on the patches and names himself

Black jerseys will make an appearance vs either Bama or UK. Undecided at the moment.

The original plan was Dark Mode against Akron and Smokey Grey against Kentucky. The black helmets were not ready for Akron. I believe they are in now.

Though the jerseys are in stores now, the Smokey Grey Series gear is not yet at retail, so I would be surprised if they are worn before that happens, especially on the road.

If I had to make a prediction, I would say Dark Mode against Kentucky and Smokey Grey against UT Martin or Missouri. Traditional orange or all-orange for Alabama.

LSU might wear thier purple jerseys just because

They would have had to let the SEC (and Tennessee) know ahead of the season. If a school wishes to wear something other than the standard (dark for home, white for road), then they have to get approval from their opponent and the league office. Since LSU has designated white as its home uniform, they would have had to get approval to wear purple. No reason it wouldn't have been approved, but that would have been done well in advance.

They would have had to let the SEC (and Tennessee) know ahead of the season. If a school wishes to wear something other than the standard (dark for home, white for road), then they have to get approval from their opponent and the league office. Since LSU has designated white as its home uniform, they would have had to get approval to wear purple. No reason it wouldn't have been approved, but that would have been done well in advance.
Is it that way for the road teams too ? UT would have had to inform the SEC about the road alts (grays in this case ) ?

I don't know about going Smokey or Black for this game. 11am kick is going to be hot in Baton Rouge. I would hope we just go Orange. I guess really whatever the players want. Although I would think the Orange would be cooler than the grey or the blacks.

The original plan was Dark Mode against Akron and Smokey Grey against Kentucky. The black helmets were not ready for Akron. I believe they are in now.

Though the jerseys are in stores now, the Smokey Grey Series gear is not yet at retail, so I would be surprised if they are worn before that happens, especially on the road.

If I had to make a prediction, I would say Dark Mode against Kentucky and Smokey Grey against UT Martin or Missouri. Traditional orange or all-orange for Alabama.
I’m going off what the guy told me this morning. He said they were placing patches and names on the Smokey grays. He was the one helping with all the stitching and said Smokey Grays for LSU. I feel like that is reliable information unless he’s just misinformed.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I hope you are correct. Will you please tell your people to tell their people to tell their people to tell the AD that dark mode uniforms on Halloween weekend just make delicious sense?

Reactions: tbwhhs
I have to say the traditional uniform that they wore
this past Saturday with the same colors checkerboarded
in the background looked TERRIFIC !

Full agreement, doing orange/white checkerboard and then not wearing orange and white is odd. It's the equivalent of wearing white at a black out game.

I think gray in Baton Rouge is a great idea

Don't see wearing gray for a homecoming game. The Kentucky game is the most obvious Dark Mode game ever- especially if it turns out to be a night game (fingers crossed) There are only five SEC games that weekend. UK/UT; OM/aTm; AR/AU; MZ/SC; and UF/GA. The Cocktail Party is already scheduled for CBS and I don't see ESPN choosing any of those games over UK/UT. So Halloween weekend at night.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back