Smoke Monday JG Quote

JG has initiative in spades. Really animated...until halfway through pursuing a pick six. Bailey took a sack and had everybody lined up faster than I’ve ever seen our incumbent perform the task. That’s where I judge them. He has Iceman Clausen level poise and calmness. Give him a start and a full game and he’ll find the octaves before the middle of the opening quarter.
That sack he took was some of the best pocket awareness I have seen out of a UT QB in a very long time. Kid literally had no space and stayed alive for Atleast 3 seconds hoping one of his receivers would break free. Which they didn’t causing the sack.

It was honestly extremely impressive to see him stand in there like that and float until he couldn’t float anymore.

That sack he took was some of the best pocket awareness I have seen out of a UT QB in a very long time. Kid literally had no space and stayed alive for Atleast 3 seconds hoping one of his receivers would break free. Which they didn’t causing the sack.

It was honestly extremely impressive to see him stand in there like that and float until he couldn’t float anymore.
I’d expect some moments of nervousness to panic...haven’t seen that from him.

I’d expect some moments of nervousness to panic...haven’t seen that from him.
Pruitt in his presser today even said Bailey seemed calm and collected.

I’m wondering if Pruitt just wants Bailey to fully progress so he can have a great year next year. That’s the only thing I can think of.......

Auburn DB Weighs-In On 100-Yard Pick Six Against Tennessee

Monday said, "One of those quarterbacks who loved to stare his receivers down ... He wasn’t doing a good job of looking us off tonight, so I tilted away and came back late.”

Our 5th year Senior “Gives Us The Best Option To Win” QB, everyone.

I hope we never see him run another play at this university.
All of those pick 6's should clearly backup that kids statement.

Watch the replay. He looked right and never looked anywhere else. He decided before he threw where he was going. It is what he does routinely.

Yep. He stood there in some kind of Superman pose with the ball cocked at his shoulder, looking at the receiver for what seemed like 5 minutes.

Reactions: A.J. and VOLED
Harrison Bailey has always lead by example not with his mouth. Nearly 5000 yards passing and 50 TD just in his senior year and players respect him and know that he can put points on the board like nobody's business with his arm. Pruitt is a complete IDIOT if he really said Bailey doesn't talk loud enough.
Also said he didn’t have that look in his eye - the guy would have Peyton watching and JG starting. He’s an idiot - even Fulmer should be able to see this - not rocket science.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Pruitt in his presser today even said Bailey seemed calm and collected.

I’m wondering if Pruitt just wants Bailey to fully progress so he can have a great year next year. That’s the only thing I can think of.......

If thats the case then he should be playing him now getting him ready.

Reactions: CA_Vol and wmcovol
Again, I say, it’s coaching malpractice to keep playing a 5th yr QB that you don’t trust to run your offense when a promising freshman is standing on the sideline. This alone, forget the other numskull decisions by Pruitt, should get him fired!

Again, I say, it’s coaching malpractice to keep playing a 5th yr QB that you don’t trust to run your offense when a promising freshman is standing on the sideline. This alone, forget the other numskull decisions by Pruitt, should get him fired!
This is exactly right. JG isn’t asked to do anything sophisticated. HB should have been playing since Kentucky. Think about how much farther along he would be.

Reactions: tbh
He did look a little timid. He should grow into his command naturally but I would like to see him come in with full confidence and take the initiative.
Looked timid, I didn't see it but if he did he still managed the offense better than JG and moved it efficiently. Now imagine when he gains that confidence and swagger.

Looked timid, I didn't see it but if he did he still managed the offense better than JG and moved it efficiently. Now imagine when he gains that confidence and swagger.
Timid as in body language and control of the O which is natural for freshmen. He'll become more comfortable and confident

Reactions: CA_Vol
Smoke Monday ain't saying nothing we don't already know. He only looking one read. Thats why the Wr numbers are horrible.

VN Store

Back