Smith decision: it's a gamble

did you ask lofton what smith should do?

Last edited:
No, you just gotta know Chris -- think about it, he's been outta the country since early September. He's not around to hear talk radio, go to the games and get the blow by blow -- he keeps up by reading the Internet -- he doesn't get to talk to Tyler, or Coach Pearl regularly.
His other questions were, who is gonna be the quarterback and how do you think the football team will do this season.

Chris is a very intelligent, yet very quiet kid. Just because he asks my opinion on something doesn't mean he doesn't have his own opinion. UT fans are very fortunate to have a role model like Chris Lofton representing him.

I put him at the highest level of young men I have dealt with along with former Alabama back Shaun Alexander. Shoot, throw Dane Bradshaw, Chris Samuels and Jason Witten in there, too.

We're talking special people that you would want your kids to grow up to be like.

Good folks, man.

Didn't he have a failed drug test or something along those lines?

The test was where the abnormalities of his cancer was revealed...everyone knows Lofton doesn't do drugs, so they checked into further and detected the cancer

The test was where the abnormalities of his cancer was revealed...everyone knows Lofton doesn't do drugs, so they checked into further and detected the cancer

So it was a positive drug test, but came up positive by mistake or because of the cancer?

No, you just gotta know Chris -- think about it, he's been outta the country since early September. He's not around to hear talk radio, go to the games and get the blow by blow -- he keeps up by reading the Internet -- he doesn't get to talk to Tyler, or Coach Pearl regularly.
His other questions were, who is gonna be the quarterback and how do you think the football team will do this season.

Chris is a very intelligent, yet very quiet kid. Just because he asks my opinion on something doesn't mean he doesn't have his own opinion. UT fans are very fortunate to have a role model like Chris Lofton representing him.

I put him at the highest level of young men I have dealt with along with former Alabama back Shaun Alexander. Shoot, throw Dane Bradshaw, Chris Samuels and Jason Witten in there, too.

We're talking special people that you would want your kids to grow up to be like.

Good folks, man.

Wasn't sure about the level of contact they had, so I was just curious if he had thoughts on what would make better sense for TS. I know Chris is a great guy and an awesome ambassador for the University. Hope he gets his chance in the NBA

What? I was asking a serious question. I never realized it came up positive because of cancer. I thought it was positive and because of the positive test it was found he had cancer.

Sheeesh.

You thought exactly right. The positive test allowed the discovery of the cancer, but the test was positive because of abnormalities caused by the cancer.

I see Smith staying for his senior year. I believe his family can make it one more year without the cash flow coming in. He can only hope his stock will only improve by next year hopefully so he can get a higher draft pick. I don't see him leaving his family to play out of the states IMO for the instant money. He will do what he believes is best for his family.

VN Store

Back