Slow your roll….(edit..increase your roll)

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

Sorry for the long post.. grill away. Give me your best post replies….

Kick rocks troll. We have earned the right to be excited about what’s going on. Stop telling fans how they shoold feel.

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

Enjoy the ride.

all of you giving him **** are missing that he said he "could see us going 11-1" and flat stated he is not a NegaVol

Does not come across as one to me, and I have seen plenty of those on here in the past

honestly some caution is warranted...this is a very tough 3-game stretch coming up. I am as excited for it as I have been about any Vol games in a long time, but 0-3 is definitely possible. If it happens, I will still appreciate the 4-0 start and look forward to the rest of the season.

We need to hang an L on LSU then worry about uga and bammer.=
Someone saying they're not a negavol, doesn't erase the same person running around different threads talking up other teams, and putting ours down, then starting a thread saying they're not a negavol.

Wow another Negavol saying Tennessee shouldn't be excited about how well Tennessee doing being 4-0. This is getting very tiresome!
Is that the way things work around here? Someone provides a cautionary “pump the brakes” post and they get attacked for being negative?

Let’s look at our wins. Fans are excited because we had a top 20 win over Pitt. Pitt just lost to Georgia Tech who combined, against Clemson, Ole Miss and Central Florida lost 110-20. And Pitt has Slovis back.

Our defense is bad, real bad. Richardson had by far and away a career day throwing the ball.

When I was at NC State, if we won 7 games (out of 10 back then) we were happy; 8 ecstatic; 9 rarely happened and 10? naaaa. Of course, we were just waiting to watch David Thompson & the basketball games. Just enjoy life, sport and quit worrying. oh yeah.....Go to Hell Carolina!

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Is that the way things work around here? Someone provides a cautionary “pump the brakes” post and they get attacked for being negative?

Let’s look at our wins. Fans are excited because we had a top 20 win over Pitt. Pitt just lost to Georgia Tech who combined, against Clemson, Ole Miss and Central Florida lost 110-20. And Pitt has Slovis back.

Our defense is bad, real bad. Richardson had by far and away a career day throwing the ball.
GoVols?

Who are these self-appointed fan police that keep telling everyone to check their excitement? Do people really believe they are the only ones capable of discerning the shortcomings of our football team?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

I wonder how you felt during the 90’s. It’s okay to be excited and enjoy this.

Imagine what this place will be like if we beat LSU and head into the third Saturday in October 5-0 and ranked probably 6th or 7th. We've rarely had a Bama game that actually had, and I mean this, national title/playoff ramifications.

Obviously we have to beat LSU first, but if we do that, these games become very meaningful after that.

Tell me you're a negavol while proclaiming that you're not a negavol.

Imagine what this place will be like if we beat LSU and head into the third Saturday in October 5-0 and ranked probably 6th or 7th. We've rarely had a Bama game that actually had, and I mean this, national title/playoff ramifications.

Obviously we have to beat LSU first, but if we do that, these games become very meaningful after that.
And likely the same ones will be telling us to “slow our roll” so they can avoid the emotional letdown of any possible loss. Life must be a roller-coaster of coping for these people.

OP is one of those who sucks happiness out of the room.
This is ridiculous. We have a great opportunity in front of us. We have a really good offensive football team. We've got a Heisman contender at QB after two decades of Jarrett Guarantano (and I wish him all the success in the world in the NFL). We COULD go undefeated. We COULD lose the rest of our games by 50. Ya know, just because you get excited about a good team and talk about the hopes of something special does not mean your life ends when we lose a game, or two. Is this not what everyone has been waiting for since we lost the 2004 SEC Championship... A legitimate opportunity to compete on the national level? It just amazes me how some see others finding happiness and absolutely cannot stand it. It must suck to go through life in fear and expectation of something bad to happen. I will not allow myself to live my life with a defeatist mind set. So, for all negavols, trolls etc... People who are optimistic, enjoy good times and hope for more do not shrivel up and die when things don't go perfectly. If you care not to enjoy the ride, so be it. If ya can't enjoy Tennessee football now that were looking good, maybe its time to start pulling for Nebraska or Wisconsin since UT is no longer a dumpster fire.

This is ridiculous. We have a great opportunity in front of us. We have a really good offensive football team. We've got a Heisman contender at QB after two decades of Jarrett Guarantano (and I wish him all the success in the world in the NFL). We COULD go undefeated. We COULD lose the rest of our games by 50. Ya know, just because you get excited about a good team and talk about the hopes of something special does not mean your life ends when we lose a game, or two. Is this not what everyone has been waiting for since we lost the 2004 SEC Championship... A legitimate opportunity to compete on the national level? It just amazes me how some see others finding happiness and absolutely cannot stand it. It must suck to go through life in fear and expectation of something bad to happen. I will not allow myself to live my life with a defeatist mind set. So, for all negavols, trolls etc... People who are optimistic, enjoy good times and hope for more do not shrivel up and die when things don't go perfectly. If you care not to enjoy the ride, so be it. If ya can't enjoy Tennessee football now that were looking good, maybe its time to start pulling for Nebraska or Wisconsin since UT is no longer a dumpster fire.
Well said, sir. Smell the roses until there's a stink. Some of us remember both the good , bad & GREAT years of Tennessee football. Nothing wrong with a little optimism. GBO:cool:

Just let us have some fun every once in a while LOL

Reactions: LadyVolette
Just take them one game at a time. Saturday is a game we should win. We will just need to filter out all the noise surrounding the game.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Wasn't really a long post, just a post I've read dozens of times and not really saying anything new or different. We didn't really need another thread about it, there are plenty.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Someone saying they're not a negavol, doesn't erase the same person running around different threads talking up other teams, and putting ours down, then starting a thread saying they're not a negavol.

Fair enough, haven't seen the other posts. This particular post didn't seem overly negative to me is what I am saying.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back