Slow your roll….(edit..increase your roll)

Another poster thinking they’re the intelligent voice of reason in a wilderness of rampant stupidity. People are excited for one of the few times in the past couple of decades so STFU and let ppl be happy. You pissing on the parade isn’t going to temper anyone’s expectations.

What expectations? We are 4-0 but who have we beaten? A limited Florida team and what appears to be a below average Pitt team. And both of those by single scores.

I am pleased that Huepel has turned those one score games around. We lost the close games last year with the exception of Kentucky.

What expectations? We are 4-0 but who have we beaten? A limited Florida team and what appears to be a below average Pitt team. And both of those by single scores.

I am pleased that Huepel has turned those one score games around. We lost the close games last year with the exception of Kentucky.
Who tf are they supposed to beat? They've only played 4 games and lost none. They've beaten everyone they're supposed to beat

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

Sorry for the long post.. grill away. Give me your best post replies….
A voice of reason among the middle school posters. Well middle school reality.

If you feel that way cool, let people be excited though.
I’m excited, but I also expect us to struggle with LSU and Kentucky. Just because some of us have lower expectations than others doesn’t mean we aren’t enjoying the season. I love watching the Vols, win or lose. And I’m happy to see how much better we are on offense and DL. Also happy that we’ve gotten to a point where fans of other teams are nervous to play us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
So “YOU” could see them going 11-1???

However “other” folks need to slow their roll??

Strange

I am just excited as anyone about the vols. More nervous/excited about gameday. The vols have created more buzz around the state and around the sec/nation. Their high flying offense is just a joy to watch and Hooker is a human highlight film.
I see on vol Twitter how confident everyone is on going undefeated or at least beating Bama or Georgia in the upcoming weeks. I also understand that it is pent up frustration from the Pruitt and butch eras and most of it is justified. A lot of the trash talk is fun to do when your team is on top and beating teams. It is also fun imagine winning more games whether your favored or not.

I am not a nega vol, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have PTSD from the last 14 years of coaches leaving, probation, heartbreaking loses, losing to Georgia st, or just terrible calls by the zebras. Winning in the SEC on the road is rough to do just ask UGA.

Our defense is very very suspect and has a lot of issues to work out. We can’t run the ball with a running back )can’t ask hooker to run 9-12 times a game.) are we a top 10 team maybe? I can see our team going 9-3, but could also see them going 11-1 (losing to Bama or uga).

No.

Speed up 'the roll'. Make it snowball, catching up every illogical rabid fan within the continent as it grows like the gargantuan 'The Blob' in the black/white flick until it turns orange. Indulge every whimsical championship unicorn of outlandish proportions-yearning, stoke it, fan it....then throw white gas on it and watch that shite tear a new hole in the arse of odds & statistics as Knoxville TN become the Heavens-ordained, blinding prodigal sun of the football universe.

TN by 40 on Saturday, crushes AL by 30 and the Dawgs forfeit the game knowing the 'football gods' have forsaken them as Heupel forces Saban into his new houseboy duties as a Butchesque, clipboard carrying analyst for TN special teams.

And the 11th commandment is revealed "Thou shall not slow this roll".

You win until you don’t. I recall a season with many magical bounces of the ball vs Syracuse, Ark and others where maybe we should have won or maybe we shouldn’t have…but kept winning to the clip of 13-0. Maybe we win vs LSU with a crazy play and go into Bama where we turn the tide back. Maybe we do and maybe we don’t…but at least we aren’t a quarter way they the season trying to figure out if we are going to slide into a bowl game and I’m just happy we are in the middle of things

Just allow yourself to relax and enjoy the game. Josh Heupel and these players have done the heavy lifting and brought the program back. We are in the conversation and, win or lose Saturday, we will still be in the conversation. Opposing teams fear us instead of joking about us. I am going to enjoy the hell out of this next game because we are competitive again.

Wow another Negavol saying Tennessee shouldn't be excited about how well Tennessee doing being 4-0. This is getting very tiresome!
So we all need to be sunshine pumpers instead of keeping it real! I hoping for a great year from UT with a significant bowl win. However we are a flawed team with a lack of depth. There are certainly other teams besides Alabama and Georgia who can beat us if we have key injuries or a bad turnover game. We can go anywhere from 2 to 4 losses or who knows might even pull a big upset at Georgia or Alabama. Nothing wrong with pumping the breaks a little bit like the OP did.

You win until you don’t. I recall a season with many magical bounces of the ball vs Syracuse, Ark and others where maybe we should have won or maybe we shouldn’t have…but kept winning to the clip of 13-0. Maybe we win vs LSU with a crazy play and go into Bama where we turn the tide back. Maybe we do and maybe we don’t…but at least we aren’t a quarter way they the season trying to figure out if we are going to slide into a bowl game and I’m just happy we are in the middle of things
I agree with this and that is the reason I have no expectations at this point of the season. I am happy we got through Pitt and Florida but they are not exactly the best teams in their respective conferences.

Careful. Tread lightly. Realistic expectations based on field performance are frowned upon around here. It's either unbridled optimism or complete frustration, the only two points of view allowed. Being happy to be unbeaten but still seeing faults that could lead to 3-5 losses on the season is not allowed. Don't even think about pointing out an individual players poor performance, they are just "kids" with great personalities and hearts (even though no one on here actually knows them).

So we all need to be sunshine pumpers instead of keeping it real! I hoping for a great year from UT with a significant bowl win. However we are a flawed team with a lack of depth. There are certainly other teams besides Alabama and Georgia who can beat us if we have key injuries or a bad turnover game. We can go anywhere from 2 to 4 losses or who knows might even pull a big upset at Georgia or Alabama. Nothing wrong with pumping the breaks a little bit like the OP did.

Actually, there is.

Y’all wanted to win and when we do, then we’re supposed to temper our expectations?

Why not enjoy the season instead of telling everyone else to “slow our roll”?

Tired of this constant BS narrative from some of you.

Actually, there is.

Y’all wanted to win and when we do, then we’re supposed to temper our expectations?

Why not enjoy the season instead of telling everyone else to “slow our roll”?

Tired of this constant BS narrative from some of you.
I believe you are overreacting. I guess if it upsets you so much maybe it’s better for your psyche to not visit the threads which discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the team because it’s not going to stop on VN or any other teams website. There is nothing wrong with it and you’re wasting your own time complaining about it.

Just allow yourself to relax and enjoy the game. Josh Heupel and these players have done the heavy lifting and brought the program back. We are in the conversation and, win or lose Saturday, we will still be in the conversation. Opposing teams fear us instead of joking about us. I am going to enjoy the hell out of this next game because we are competitive again.
Definitely noticed the anti Vols sentiment picking up vs laughing stock….love it.

Reactions: DC_Vol
I’m so excited, I buy depends by the truckload.

Go VOLS

Wow another Negavol saying Tennessee shouldn't be excited about how well Tennessee doing being 4-0. This is getting very tiresome!
I’m very excited that my Vols are 4-0
I hope they win Saturday
I think we should win Saturday
I still struggle with expecting to lose the big games.

Which actually kinda sucks. I’d much rather be positive headed into this game, and honestly I’m trying to be but that’s not what I’m feeling at this time.

I was wrong I was wrong I was wrong!!! I apologize to VolNation and this team. I don’t think I have said this in the Saban era, but I really really like our chances of beating the Gumps this Saturday!!! GBO BUCK FAMA!!

VN Store

Back