Orangeslice13, a blessing to those around him…..Again

I posted that very verse in that thread a couple of weeks ago. I spent 15 minutes on the response I just left in there because I had to delete most of it.

Lol. It's beyond me.
I love G_d as much as I believe is possible.
I’m not called to be a teacher because I’m also a sledgehammer. that’s one reason that I got kicked out of the thread by @Freak that I originated in the zone. In addition to that I fail too often to be the proper example that I should be.
I figure it’s like this…. King David wanted to build the temple for G-d but G-d said no. It would not be appropriate because David was a man of blood. So David got the supplies ready for his son to build G-ds house. We all have our role to play but we’re not all teachers.

I love G_d as much as I believe is possible.
I’m not called to be a teacher because I’m also a sledgehammer. that’s one reason that I got kicked out of the thread by @Freak that I originated in the zone. In addition to that I fail too often to be the proper example that I should be.
I figure it’s like this…. King David wanted to build the temple for G-d but G-d said no. It would not be appropriate because David was a man of blood. So David got the supplies ready for his son to build G-ds house. We all have our role to play but we’re not all teachers.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I sometimes think that about myself, but I'm not sure I believe it. I mean, it's convenient, like right now with BigO95 for me to use that as justification for the way I'm handling it. But is it just an excuse? IDK.

Anyway, I'm definitely not saying you're wrong. It could be right for you and wrong for me. Or right for both. Or wrong for both. Lol.

Bottom line is I understand.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I sometimes think that about myself, but I'm not sure I believe it. I mean, it's convenient, like right now with BigO95 for me to use that as justification for the way I'm handling it. But is it just an excuse? IDK.

Anyway, I'm definitely not saying you're wrong. It could be right for you and wrong for me. Or right for both. Or wrong for both. Lol.

Bottom line is I understand.

I’ve said many times that I serve G-d as he made me without concern for what comes next. If He chooses to destroy me then He would be righteous and just to do so. If I knew my destruction was at hand I’d still serve G-d. An excuse now will be worthless at my judgment so I don’t plan on making any.

But I’m also not a preacher. I sometimes spread the word but that isn’t my calling.
Anyway, I hope you have a good day and I did pray for you during your family reunion. I hope that was productive as well.

I’ve said many times that I serve G-d as he made me without concern for what comes next. If He chooses to destroy me then He would be righteous and just to do so. If I knew my destruction was at hand I’d still serve G-d. An excuse now will be worthless at my judgment so I don’t plan on making any.

But I’m also not a preacher. I sometimes spread the word but that isn’t my calling.
Anyway, I hope you have a good day and I did pray for you during your family reunion. I hope that was productive as well.

I believe God doesn't want to destroy me so I'm not good with him doing that. I'm not saying you're okay with it, but I don't really understand that. But anyway, I guess what bigo is doing is really none of my business but I just can't get past him telling me to get right with God and preaching in the devotional thread, then saying the things he does in other threads. If he wasn't a preacher it's a totally different story.

Thanks, it was very productive in several ways. They were late getting here and Trinity wanted chicken fingers and I didn't have any. She likes Culver's, so that's where we were in this picture.

IMG_4718.jpg

I believe God doesn't want to destroy me so I'm not good with him doing that. I'm not saying you're okay with it, but I don't really understand that. But anyway, I guess what bigo is doing is really none of my business but I just can't get past him telling me to get right with God and preaching in the devotional thread, then saying the things he does in other threads. If he wasn't a preacher it's a totally different story.

Thanks, it was very productive in several ways. They were late getting here and Trinity wanted chicken fingers and I didn't have any. She likes Culver's, so that's where we were in this picture.

View attachment 467620
Nice picture. I hope that it turns into many more good days for your family.

I am an interesting fellow for sure. I know that the judgment of the most high will one day fall on me and I’ve submitted myself too it. Messiah is my advocate. We will see what he says when I get there. All I know is I won’t be the Mathew 7:21 believer making excuses and being surprised when I’m told to depart. I’m very aware of what I deserve. Without grace I’m absolutely screwed. It’s not like I can change that anyway. Judgment comes to us all.

My biggest issue with bigo is the pride thing. He’s very defensive about you calling him out and he shouldn’t be. While I agree with you about his behavior as a preacher, all he really had to say was “I’m not perfect. That’s why I too need the redemptive work of Messiah” in my opinion humility goes a lot further than pride.
Meh. I’m probably way off.
Anyway, have a good day.

View attachment 467620
Good looking family.
The resemblance among you and yours is strong

I am an interesting fellow for sure. I know that the judgment of the most high will one day fall on me and I’ve submitted myself too it. Messiah is my advocate. We will see what he says when I get there. All I know is I won’t be the Mathew 7:21 believer making excuses and being surprised when I’m told to depart. I’m very aware of what I deserve. Without grace I’m absolutely screwed. It’s not like I can change that anyway. Judgment comes to us all.

My biggest issue with bigo is the pride thing. He’s very defensive about you calling him out and he shouldn’t be. While I agree with you about his behavior as a preacher, all he really had to say was “I’m not perfect. That’s why I too need the redemptive work of Messiah” in my opinion humility goes a lot further than pride.
Anyway, have a good day.
Hope you didn't take that as I make excuses on purpose. I dont make them on purpose. I believe the human nature in me allows my subconscious to justify certain feelings and or actions when it actually is just an excuse for my pride. As long as I'm aware of it I can correct it.

Like with bigo. My subconscious allows my pride to disguise itself in the delivery of my comments, when in reality its just an excuse to be an asshat. I'd be more productive with being honest but more diplomatic.

My favorite Psalm. 139.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Hope you didn't take that as I make excuses on purpose. I dont make them on purpose. I believe the human nature in me allows my subconscious to justify certain feelings and or actions when it actually is just an excuse for my pride. As long as I'm aware of it I can correct it.

Like with bigo. My subconscious allows my pride to disguise itself in the delivery of my comments, when in reality its just an excuse to be an asshat. I'd be more productive with being honest but more diplomatic.

My favorite Psalm. 139.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

No, I understood that you’re thinking through it and that was one of your thoughts and….you don’t want to be that type of person. I can respect that. A lot.

Why can't he understand this? I have him on ignorance for this reason.

Anyway, have a good day.
I have seen him say he isn't perfect and then go on to imply someone else is less perfect than he is. This I don't get.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

View attachment 467620
Your ankle tracker is hidden from view.

I have a question about something lilo wrote in his feudin’ and prayin’ thread, and I didn’t want to post it there, as that thread is hopping enough as it is. He wrote:
And why in the world would you possibly want to sit under a preacher that you have no confidence in?
Is “sit under a preacher” a common phrase? I have to say that for me - I understand it might not resonate this way with others - it carries this authoritarian thou-shalt-not-question-or-challenge-the-big-man-in-the-pulpit vibe. But if this is a common way to describe congregations, that’s cool. It just startled the heck out of me.

Obviously, my denominational background is very different from that of many others here.

I have a question about something lilo wrote in his feudin’ and prayin’ thread, and I didn’t want to post it there, as that thread is hopping enough as it is. He wrote:

Is “sit under a preacher” a common phrase? I have to say that for me - I understand it might not resonate this way with others - it carries this authoritarian thou-shalt-not-question-or-challenge-the-big-man-in-the-pulpit vibe. But if this is a common way to describe congregations, that’s cool. It just startled the heck out of me.

Obviously, my denominational background is very different from that of many others here.

Sounds like an odd fetish.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

I've heard that in baptist churches a lot, the phrase, "sit under a preacher". Most of the time it's nothing bad, just Baptist slang for having them as pastor, or supporting them as pastor. Not saying that to get into the argument, just I've heard it a lot.

Reactions: VolNExile and Behr
I've heard that in baptist churches a lot, the phrase, "sit under a preacher". Most of the time it's nothing bad, just Baptist slang for having them as pastor, or supporting them as pastor. Not saying that to get into the argument, just I've heard it a lot.

Seems to me sit with a preacher would be much better.

But Baptists say it, so there’s that. 😀

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back