Orangeslice13, a blessing to those around him…..Again

I'll share something that I don't know if I should, but I will. I say I don't know, because I do not like putting down anyone and their faith, if they're sincere in it. Of course I'm particularly biased towards Christians, because that's what I believe. That said, I have some Buddhist neighbors, and I'd fight for them, they are good people. We loved our church, small independent Baptist, and you left feeling like you had been in God's presence. May sound silly to some, but it was great. Our pastor left, and a new guy became pastor. I'll say right here, I wouldn't share this if anyone knew him, and I still hate to in a way, because I know many more good Christians, than I do bad. There's good and bad in every religion. I had nothing against the guy at first, but something was off. I'm not one to cause any trouble in church, so I kept my mouth shut, and prayed. As time went on, his true self came out. Very controlling, and his wife, as in trying to tell people who they could be friends with and such. I personally don't think a pastor should be cussing around the church, especially the kids, but he did. Dropping the N word around the kids got me more than that, and killing the neighbors dog, then lying to the police about it when they called. We didn't want to leave, but after talking with some of the men, they either left, or didn't care that much. He said it's just how it was where he came from, Mississippi, but I don't personally care where you're from. If you're the pastor, you need to behave differently imo. We sit down as a family, and I explained to my kids that I was responsible for what I allow them to be exposed to, and it wasn't a hard conversation, because they didn't want to be there anymore. I used the exact phrase, "I can't willingly allow us to sit under a pastor like that". I had already walked out angry a few times, and was just afraid he was going to say the wrong thing during church, and I'd say something there, and we left. I say this because I understand the meaning of that comment, and I know there's bad in all religion. That said, there's so much more that's good, even in us independent Baptist folks. I've seen them here help the homeless, feed people, put them in hotels, pay Bill's, all to try to show the love of Jesus. None of us are perfect, but I do believe we all put a target on when we profess ourselves as a Christian, especially a pastor, and you need to think of how your actions represent what you claim. I say stupid stuff I shouldn't, I get angry when I shouldn't, but I do repent and try to do right, even when my family doesn't see it. Anyway, enough of my essay 🤣

I'll share something that I don't know if I should, but I will. I say I don't know, because I do not like putting down anyone and their faith, if they're sincere in it. Of course I'm particularly biased towards Christians, because that's what I believe. That said, I have some Buddhist neighbors, and I'd fight for them, they are good people. We loved our church, small independent Baptist, and you left feeling like you had been in God's presence. May sound silly to some, but it was great. Our pastor left, and a new guy became pastor. I'll say right here, I wouldn't share this if anyone knew him, and I still hate to in a way, because I know many more good Christians, than I do bad. There's good and bad in every religion. I had nothing against the guy at first, but something was off. I'm not one to cause any trouble in church, so I kept my mouth shut, and prayed. As time went on, his true self came out. Very controlling, and his wife, as in trying to tell people who they could be friends with and such. I personally don't think a pastor should be cussing around the church, especially the kids, but he did. Dropping the N word around the kids got me more than that, and killing the neighbors dog, then lying to the police about it when they called. We didn't want to leave, but after talking with some of the men, they either left, or didn't care that much. He said it's just how it was where he came from, Mississippi, but I don't personally care where you're from. If you're the pastor, you need to behave differently imo. We sit down as a family, and I explained to my kids that I was responsible for what I allow them to be exposed to, and it wasn't a hard conversation, because they didn't want to be there anymore. I used the exact phrase, "I can't willingly allow us to sit under a pastor like that". I had already walked out angry a few times, and was just afraid he was going to say the wrong thing during church, and I'd say something there, and we left. I say this because I understand the meaning of that comment, and I know there's bad in all religion. That said, there's so much more that's good, even in us independent Baptist folks. I've seen them here help the homeless, feed people, put them in hotels, pay Bill's, all to try to show the love of Jesus. None of us are perfect, but I do believe we all put a target on when we profess ourselves as a Christian, especially a pastor, and you need to think of how your actions represent what you claim. I say stupid stuff I shouldn't, I get angry when I shouldn't, but I do repent and try to do right, even when my family doesn't see it. Anyway, enough of my essay 🤣
I'll say this, and be quicker.

I should have kept my mouth shut. I was a total asshat and I kinda regret it. But, by running my mouth he took the bait and instead of keeping his mouth shut and letting me be the only stupid one, he proved my point.

Lol. You're Brooks.

I was in high school when the “Jesus Freaks” movement erupted. I still remember hearing the challenge: if you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

People like your former pastor are what a lot of people believe that Christians are. — and unfortunately, there are enough like him to convince people. Time for good, loving, act-justly, love-kindness, walk-humbly folks to start showing themselves.

I understand where you’re coming from. When a person follows a certain path that puts them in the fore front of being a leader of a congregation, then they become a extension of G_D to the followers of the congregation. Is it fair? I don’t know, all I’ll say on that is, they took that path knowing the shortfalls and should be mindful of their flock that are watching and listening for guidance and the ones that are simply needing said guidance. I know, I know. TDLR.

You are a better person than me, Captain Obvious here. I would not have been able to hold my tongue with him speaking like that.

I'll say this, and be quicker.

I should have kept my mouth shut. I was a total asshat and I kinda regret it. But, by running my mouth he took the bait and instead of keeping his mouth shut and letting me be the only stupid one, he proved my point.

Lol. You're Brooks.
You weren’t wrong and sometimes a proven point needs to be made again.

You are a better person than me, Captain Obvious here. I would not have been able to hold my tongue with him speaking like that.
It was hard, moments like Paul spoke of where the flesh and spirit are contrary, and fight against each other. I didn't want to act out in church, but if I had started, it probably would've ended badly, and I did not want to be that guy in church. I will say this, there was a bunch who left, before us, and after. While I hate to see any church go through that, I was happy that others felt the same.

I was in high school when the “Jesus Freaks” movement erupted. I still remember hearing the challenge: if you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

People like your former pastor are what a lot of people believe that Christians are. — and unfortunately, there are enough like him to convince people. Time for good, loving, act-justly, love-kindness, walk-humbly folks to start showing themselves.
*****warning slice opinion that some won’t like*******

I’ve never been impressed with or cared for the opinion of the “always been good” pastor or preacher. I prefer my the people I learn from to be a bit flawed.
Messiah’s people were crooks, prostitutes, the lowlife poor (so thought the people of that time) and even the most misunderstood man in history Paul was a murderer of the believers.
When G_d popes out his endtime revelation on this world and the people in it, it won’t be some life long believer who has never been tested. It will be an ex-prostitute or an ex-drug dealer, some former scumbag somewhere. Because you just can’t testify if you’ve never been tested.

Messiah asked the simple question.

Who loves G_d more, those forgiven a little or those forgiven a lot?

Scripture support for Slice opinion
Luke 7

40 And Jesus responded and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he [y]replied, “Say it, Teacher.” 41 “A moneylender had two debtors: the one owed five hundred [z](Y)denarii, and the other, fifty. 42 When they (Z)were unable to repay, he canceled the debts of both. So which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon answered and said, “I assume the one for whom he canceled the greater debt.” And He said to him, “You have judged correctly.” 44 And turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you (AA)gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You [aa](AB)gave Me no kiss; but she has not stopped kissing My feet since the time I came in.46 (AC)You did not [ab]anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume. 47 For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but the one who is forgiven little, loves little.”

My preachers heart is in the right place so I can overlook what I refer to as his surface pride. I know who is replacement is going to be and I look forward to the change.

If I'm wrong in any way God is the the only one I'll answer to that matters, but I have zero tolerance for any preacher that gives me the uneasy feeling of self glorification. Not that it's anyone's business, but I "sit under" my preacher because his heart is in the right place although he's not perfect like some think they are.

"He said 'Jesus walked on the water' and I know that is true but sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walking too".

Matthew 6:1-2 NSAB

“Take care not to practice your righteousness in the sight of people, to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

2 “So when you [a]give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, so that they will be praised by people. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But when you [b]give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your charitable giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Shallot

My preachers heart is in the right place so I can overlook what I refer to as his surface pride. I know who is replacement is going to be and I look forward to the change.

If I'm wrong in any way God is the the only one I'll answer to that matters, but I have zero tolerance for any preacher that gives me the uneasy feeling of self glorification. Not that it's anyone's business, but I "sit under" my preacher because his heart is in the right place although he's not perfect like some think they are.

"He said 'Jesus walked on the water' and I know that is true but sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walking too".

Matthew 6:1-2 NSAB

“Take care not to practice your righteousness in the sight of people, to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

2 “So when you [a]give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, so that they will be praised by people. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But when you [b]give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your charitable giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Shallot
^^^^^^
Also solid truth.

I’ve never been impressed with or cared for the opinion of the “always been good” pastor or preacher. I prefer my the people I learn from to be a bit flawed.
Messiah’s people were crooks, prostitutes, the lowlife poor (so thought the people of that time) and even the most misunderstood man in history Paul was a murderer of the believers.
When G_d popes out his endtime revelation on this world and the people in it, it won’t be some life long believer who has never been tested. It will be an ex-prostitute or an ex-drug dealer, some former scumbag somewhere. Because you just can’t testify if you’ve never been tested.

@Behr, this is illustrative of why ‘Zoners who I respect and admire urge me to look for redemptive qualities in your character. I do look, but all too often you divert my gaze by being a deek yet again. If you wish evidence that I do look, know that I do not apply nicknames to those who I find utterly lacking. Smegma.

@Behr, this is illustrative of why ‘Zoners who I respect and admire urge me to look for redemptive qualities in your character. I do look, but all too often you divert my gaze by being a deek yet again. If you wish evidence that I do look, know that I do not apply nicknames to those who I find utterly lacking. Smegma.
This is a prime example of why you get on my nerves.

And just as I was trying my very best to ....nevermind.

Well, they guild their houses
In preparation for the King
And they line the sidewalks
With every sort of shiny thing
They will be surprised
When they hear him say

Take me to the alley
Take me to the afflicted ones
Take me to the lonely ones that somehow
Lost their way

Let them hear me say
I am your friend
Come to my table
Rest here in my garden
You will have a pardon…

Reactions: Tin Man
Well, they guild their houses
In preparation for the King
And they line the sidewalks
With every sort of shiny thing
They will be surprised
When they hear him say

Take me to the alley
Take me to the afflicted ones
Take me to the lonely ones that somehow
Lost their way

Let them hear me say
I am your friend
Come to my table
Rest here in my garden
You will have a pardon…

this is why you’re my best imaginary friend.

VN Store

Back