"Sleeper Prospects"...

nycvol010

here are some guys with at least mild interest in Tennessee that i think are underrated by Rivals. There is no telling what will happen to our class given a coaching change. So here are some guys that i think would be good late additions, that rivals could be overlooking.

WR: Stephen Hill: Is a fast riser that even UGA is taking a look at now. Has a lot of natural ability. Kind of similar to Marlon Brown, but a little bit smaller, and a little bit faster. Would be a great alternative if we dont get Marlon.

OL:Wesley Johnson: Not really a sleeper anymore. Getting a ton of attention from Auburn, Vandy and GT...all three have offered. I dont think Tennessee is really looking at another lineman not named White or Moses...but if we were to miss on both, or even lose one of our current commitments, Johnson would be a great option. As of right now i dont think a Tennessee ofer would have Johnson jumping. He was emphatically told Tennessee was not interested after working DE at one of our camps. But maybe a new staff would restore interest.

DL: Trae Tiller: Kind of similar to Auburn commit Terrence Coleman. Is short, a little bit thin and very explosive. Really like this kids game, but Tiller has to get his grades up in order to qualify. With grades Tiller would be a good addition....Also i include Cathey and Worthen in this, but you have heard all about them.

LB:David Jones: Good athlete, could play a number of different spots, really wants to be a vol.

LB:Ka'lial Glaud:Is not really underrated by coaches, but is by Rivals. A top 15 player in NJ according to some. Galud likes the vols and is a versatile player. Looks like a LB, but could play on the line or at a number of other spots. Fast and physical. He has had a very good season so far.

DB:Phillip Harvey Undersized, but an excellent athlete. Is not that polished right now as a DB, but has all the natural ability to make things happen in college. Reminds me of Inky

ATH:Tavarres Jefferson: His measurables dont exactly jump of the page. But this two-sport star is an excellent football player. Jefferson is elusive, quick and has great football sense. Looks like Gerald Jones on film, although he is not quite as electric. Could however be used in a similar, but lesser role.

Last edited:
I heard someone down in FL comparing Stephen Hill to Santonio Holmes, too bad we missed out

okay..sorry....there is a kid here in franklin co. hs.....5'11'' 180 4.4-4.5......he is a jr. tennessee is looking at him. idk his stats but i know they arnt bad and he had 230 yards rushing last game

no Terrence Martin.....he is a hug TN fan. he has that look that you look for in a RB. i look for his stock to rise this summer. could rise during the playoffs.

Romario Cathey if some other DTs don't work out.

Has a JR teammate, OL James Stone, that already has SEC offers including Tennessee.

Edit- Link messing up

Last edited:
Cathey's a player, too. I saw him in person last year in the state semi-final game against Henry County. He's very explosive and has a bull-mentality.

there is this guy named Marselis Teague (spelling?) that is vastly underrated and Phil will kick himself for not getting the kid

I will be highly pissed if he ends up a gator which looks likely

there is this guy named Marselis Teague (spelling?) that is vastly underrated and Phil will kick himself for not getting the kid

I will be highly pissed if he ends up a gator which looks likely

*Marsalis.

In a way, he IS a sleeper. Although a 3 Star, he plays way better than that. When a kid puts up 170 yards on 4 rushes and the town that's seen him play for 3 years just shrugs it off as another game, that says something.

I'm beginning to truely think that he will be a gator, though.

Tim Simon, RB/LB Cordova, AL

Schollys from Bama and Auburn but wants to play RB. This kid is 6'2 215 and is supposely a silent commit. Cordovas QB is a junior named Ryan Smith who is better than Simon. Both UA and AU wants this kid bad.
silent to who??

Edit- Nevermind

*Marsalis.

In a way, he IS a sleeper. Although a 3 Star, he plays way better than that. When a kid puts up 170 yards on 4 rushes and the town that's seen him play for 3 years just shrugs it off as another game, that says something.

I'm beginning to truely think that he will be a gator, though.

What kind of competition does he play against?

TRAVEI PRAYOR this kid is 6.7 245puonds run a 4.5 he had to set out the first seven games cause he left AUSTIN EAST AND WENT TO KARNS for family matter.SO he had to set seven games out.I talk to AE head coach who is my best friend he said know one can block this kid he play DE ON DEF. plus he can catch to he plays TE ON OFFENSE I am going over today to watch him today at AUSTIN EAST PRACT .THIS kid just A JR he will be A big steal for somebody. HE plays basketball to.

read this from a guy on another board, sounds like a sleeper to me

I heard someone down in FL comparing Stephen Hill to Santonio Holmes, too bad we missed out

So are we for sure out of the pic with Hill?

Latrell Scott visited him 2 weeks ago when UT played UGA, but I haven't heard how it went. I know he is a UCF committ, but his recruitment has picked up recently and just returned from visiting Boston College.

6-5 190 is a good size.

VN Store

Back