Slap on the wrist for Pearl

yeah, nuts...get's 3 year show cause for giving a hot dog to a junior at a cookout at his house, and a big nothing burger for Auburn for something alot more egregious. I'm sure they'll take it out on us for Pruitt McD'$$$
He got a show cause penalty for lying to NCAA investigators. You might have forgot that little tidbit.

Is Dave Didion still in the athletic department at Auburn? He was the NCAA's Director of Enforcement who handed down the ridiculous penalty against Pearl at Tennessee back in 2011 and then joined the athletic department at Auburn in time to hire Pearl months before his ban was fully over in 2014.

How one hire in Auburn's compliance department led Bruce Pearl to Tigers

Last edited:
Reactions: savannahfan
Is Dave Didion still in the athletic department at Auburn? He was the NCAA's Director of Enforcement who handed down the ridiculous penalty against Pearl at Tennessee back in 2011 and then joined the athletic department at Auburn in time to hire Pearl months before his ban was fully over in 2014.

How one hire in Auburn's compliance department led Bruce Pearl to Tigers
NCAA = C*c&s*ck*rs.
bulld.gif

Reactions: The Dog
It's known, so I didn't mention it.
It's also known that he had a junior at a cookout at his house. He lied to investigators. Then the NCAA found numerous recruiting violations on top of that. It's not like a hot dog alone bought him a show cause.

It's also known that he had a junior at a cookout at his house. He lied to investigators. Then the NCAA found numerous recruiting violations on top of that. It's not like a hot dog alone bought him a show cause.
Since he had priors I just find it odd he got off with only not get to coach a couple of games.

I don't know, I really liked Pearl when he was our coach, but there's something swarmy about him. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something that seems like you can't trust him when it comes to his personality. He just seems like he would cheat

I don't know, I really liked Pearl when he was our coach, but there's something swarmy about him. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something that seems like you can't trust him when it comes to his personality. He just seems like he would cheat

I totally agree with this, I can't put my finger on it but he just oozes cheating AAU basketball win at all cost. hook or crook We were watching one of his games and a friend of mine said if Pearl was an actor he would be typecast as a Mafia hitman:D:D

Reactions: DonDiego
I totally agree with this, I can't put my finger on it but he just oozes cheating AAU basketball win at all cost. hook or crook We were watching one of his games and a friend of mine said if Pearl was an actor he would be typecast as a Mafia hitman:D:D

In my mind he would be the slick, sanctimonious D.A. who wins elections by voraciously prosecuting mobsters but is taking bribes from other mobsters on the sly. In the second season he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, gets run out of office but 3 years later cries on local television and gets elected to congress. He then proceeds to up his game on soliciting bribes.

The amazing thing that with the NIL rules, all of this stuff is meaningless. The money involved in the alleged Mickie D bags and the FBI investigations is chump change compared to what players will “earn” under NIL deals. Word on the street is that Quinn Ewers is being offered NFL first round draft money to transfer to the burnt Orange team in Austin, under one of these deals. True or not, what has been verified says that recruiting is rapidly becoming financial planning.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not surprising. When Missouri told the NCAA to eff off after the Frank Haith lied to them 3 different times regarding the Miami investigation and then the NCAA lost in court over the falllout, they have been nearly powerless.

Mike Hamilton should have been less cooperative with the NCAA and more so with Pearl.

Reactions: Frozevol
yeah, nuts...get's 3 year show cause for giving a hot dog to a junior at a cookout at his house, and a big nothing burger for Auburn for something alot more egregious. I'm sure they'll take it out on us for Pruitt McD'$$$
I see what you did there. If on purpose, bravo!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The self imposed exile from the NCAAT was just one year, correct? They should be a 2022 SECT participant.

Lol, Auburn and Pearl are so crooked. They decided to self-impose in a year they would have been sitting at home watching the NCAA anyway like they have most of Pearl’s tenure at Auburn. Got lucky one year in his FF run but otherwise hasn’t accomplished that much if you really look at his time at Auburn.

VN Store

Back