Sirmons, Shows, or Valentine...

PandamoniumReigns

Bob Needs To Retire
Who is worse?

I despise any game called by any of these three. Today's Memphis game proves my point on Sirmons.

If TN is playing for a Championship, who would you want if you had to pick one?

Reactions: feathersax
Who is worse?

I despise any game called by any of these three. Today's Memphis game proves my point on Sirmons.

If TN is playing for a Championship, who would you want if you had to pick one?
Sirmons blew his whistle 26 times today.. On average a ref will blow a,whistle 25 times a game.. Owen Short today blew his 46.

The officiating was horrible today. 57 fouls (22 TN and 35 Mem) called, which really impacted the flow of the game. Surprising that only 2 players fouled out (Harris and Lomax for Mem). Good thing we shot well from the line today (39-46).

On average, refs blow their whistles 25x each per game. Owen Short blew his whistle 46x today and 44x in the Louisville game. Owen Short called EVERY foul today on Grant and EVERY foul on Admiral.

OWEN SHORT
Short has it out for Grant. I heard he also officiated the Louisville game and called all the foul shots on Grant in that game too. Man I can't stand most of the officials.

Thought he had finally quit. Did I read it or just dream about it?:eek:
He got his feelings hurt when he was reprimanded. Was suspended from a couple of big games, then they eased him back in. He said at the time he would just quit if people didn't appreciate him, but obviously, he is still around.

He got his feelings hurt when he was reprimanded. Was suspended from a couple of big games, then they eased him back in. He said at the time he would just quit if people didn't appreciate him, but obviously, he is still around.
So I guess "My Funny Valentine" is more than just a tune. Thanks.

Reactions: cardvolfan
The stats on Owen Short and refs making 25 calls per game were provided by a Basilio caller who actually charts the refs for all of our games.

My favorite stat from that guy came last season when he said what a typical range is for a ref to have no appearance of bias. I think he said 60-40 either way is typical. More than 60% of your calls going for or against us tends to show a bias, per the caller. He named a ref who he said had a clear bias against Tennessee when Pearl was our coach based on that stat, but completely flipped to calling games in our favor when Barnes became the coach.

Having played in several games officiated by Valentine, I would take him all day long when playing on the road. He doesn't let the home crowd or atmosphere affect him.

This is one problem with college basketball. Doug Shows officiated the Alabama game last night in Tuscaloosa. I was watching the end, and it had to be close to 10:00. He officiated our game today, which was an 11:00 am Central game.

Good win today, boys. TCOB, as always. I'm going to take a few victory laps.

Gonna brag on myself a bit here: I'm training for the Covenant Health Knoxville half marathon. Haven't ran since I played Pop-Warner. I did 6 miles last Sunday, shooting for 7 tomorrow.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back