Since it's slow, what player do you think might come out of nowhere to contribute?

Calloway will end up being a Doc Holiday type assassin, he's going to Johnny Ringo opposing CBs. While everybody has their posse after Tillman and Hyatt, Calloway will "temple" them.

This is going to look totally bad-ass in November if you turn out to be right. If you're wrong, no one will remember that you ever said it.

Well played.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Call me crazy, but Aaron Beasley. He looked lost at times last season, but got a little better each game. he should know the position better in year 2. He ended up with 84 tackles, 34 solo. If he gets better in coverage, he could be a major contributor this season. We desperately need him to take the next step (or two)

My gut says Darnell Wright becomes the anchor at LT. He's been decent but "bold prediction" he becomes a pancake making machine and is All SEC come season end. Won't be shocked if his draft grade projects 1st round.
I think I read that Darnell was moving back to RT which he likes better. Seems like a strange decision given the salary differential but I think that is what he did in spring practice.

I think two names come to mind for me. Juwan Mitchell and Bryson Eason. I think Eason could have a solid year wherever they decide to play him on the line (I think SDE). I think Mitchell jumps into a starting role next to Banks and does pretty well.

I think one of our WRs will get it figured out outside is Hyatt and Tillman. Ton of talent, but one of Merrill, Holiday, Calloway, or Keyton is due for a solid year.
Eason has blown up to 300lb. It’s DT

Reactions: Smokey19rt
A WR is definitely going to explode this year. McCoy is my bet and I think he will be eligible for game 1.

On defense, Beasley was the worst LB in the SEC last year. So we need him to make a HUGE jump or we need someone to jump over him.
We also need a gamechanger at safety, but no idea who that would be.

Call me crazy, but Aaron Beasley. He looked lost at times last season, but got a little better each game. he should know the position better in year 2. He ended up with 84 tackles, 34 solo. If he gets better in coverage, he could be a major contributor this season. We desperately need him to take the next step (or two)
You're crazy.

Since it's slow, what player do you think might come out of nowhere to contribute?
Not a bold prediction, but more of a hope based on potential.

A couple of years back my signing day hopes for exceeding star ratings, based on their athleticism I had two names. Beckwith and Whitehead were my upside guys.

Beckwith is gone, and I hope he does not NOW explode onto the scene at KY, but I really wanted the hometown spurned story to produce with Whitehead. I guess the big key for him was his SPARQQ scores. He was the highest rated ILB that year, and even though he made it plain he wanted to play RB I had hopes that would translate on the other side of the ball as a big back. He arrived with injuries and added one I think after arrival. We could definitely use a masher at RB for short yardage, so it is now make or break time for him I think. I will hope he is fully healthy and look forward to some positive reports in camp over the next few weeks. Hate to go 0 for 2.

Who you got?

I'd say just by virtue of rotation and Small's inability to stay healthy for an entire season, maybe RB Justin Williams-Thomas? Whitehead and Wright will get their opportunities but maybe JWT will just rise above them. Whoever emerges in the backfield I just hope they learn pass protection.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back