Since it's slow, what player do you think might come out of nowhere to contribute?

I hope Hendon Hooker plays like he just stepped off the Space Shuttle!

No you don't. Not if you know what the absence of gravity does to the human body, even as little as a week in space. And yes, I confess that I am a:
smart-ass.gif

Reactions: dduncan4163
Call me crazy, but Aaron Beasley. He looked lost at times last season, but got a little better each game. he should know the position better in year 2. He ended up with 84 tackles, 34 solo. If he gets better in coverage, he could be a major contributor this season. We desperately need him to take the next step (or two)

Watch the video in the thread with the Kentucky game highlights. That was towards the end of the year and he was just awful. Worst starting linebacker in the SEC. That being said, I do hope he gets a lot better.

This is really interesting because there are a dozen names mentioned in this thread. I could see 1-2 making a Tillman/Theo type of jump (completely unexpected) and 6-8 making a Jeremy Banks (gradual progression) jump. I’d put Holiday and Flowers in the first category, and then I’d throw Hyatt, O Thomas, B Young, T Baron, the 4 returning OL, Turnage, and Hadden in the latter. A lot of young talent could shine as well. I like Charles, Campbell, Wright, Herring, JWT, Squirrel, Webb, Pearce, West, Joseph, and Turrentine to all get small doses along the way.

I’m still holding out hope for Rod myself, so I can be redeemed once and for all. (Long story). Lol

Hooker protection…and a mean, bad to the bone, monster on the defensive edge that wrecks havoc on every offense we play. New record of over 200 sacks, 100 fumble recoveries, and 100 points in turnovers. That ought to do it.

VN Store

Back